Watched the Bear for the first time...

Beauregard

Reaction score
today and I am sorry to say that I hated every minute of it.

I mean why did that bear have to sniff me and tell me I spelt like a banana pancake? and then insult me by asking if that is how I always smell.

Oh boy.

Oh and going back to a previous thread, I agree that that mouse is a bit of his rocker.

So how can I tell the diference between Pip and Pop?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, it is a children's show. i can understand why an adult wouldn't like it. I never saw a full episode. I've only seen small parts of about a minute combined.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I don't understand why you don't like it. :attitude:

When Bear sniffs me, I always tense up and giggle, cause it's so dang real. I can just imagine how tickly that'd feel.

And Bear and Luna at night? C'mon, how can you beat that?!

And Pip & Pop are hilarious!

Really!

They are!

:big_grin:

WiGgY

Reaction score
This is going to sound mean, but it's not meant to sound mean. I think you have a slight problem if you enjoy a children's show this much, unless you have children to watch it with. I mean, it's ok to check a show like this out to see how puppetry is doing these days, but to actually enjoy the show to the extent that children do is a bit....weird.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
This is going to sound mean, but it's not meant to sound mean. I think you have a slight problem if you enjoy a children's show this much, unless you have children to watch it with. I mean, it's ok to check a show like this out to see how puppetry is doing these days, but to actually enjoy the show to the extent that children do is a bit....weird.
To each his own. I *love* Bear. You big meanie :smirk:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
It's not weird at all.

If you can't enjoy "Fraggle Rock" as an adult, then I think that is somethin' weird.

Adults create these shows for children. Adults wrote and produced "Fraggle Rock". There are often bits of humor only adults would get in that and "Sesame Street".

C. S. Lewis wrote "The Chronicles of Narnia".

Lewis Carroll wrote "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass".

J. K. Rowling is writing the "Harry Potter" series.

Those are classified as "children"'s things, but adults wildly enjoy them.

And why would it make a difference if you had kids or not while watchin' a "kid" show? If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. The kid doesn't change that in you---a kid just makes it "okay" for the adult to watch in our screwed up society.

So if someone says someone is "weird" because they can enjoy a children's show, I say they're the one with the problem, not the innocent-souled spirit who can still use their imagination and sense of wonderment.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Now see I said I didn't mean it to be mean. I do enjoy most of the things you listed, however Bear in the Big Blue house is not near that kind of quality. from whats I've seen, it's Barney dressed as a bear. It's a different style of kids show all together.

Perhaps my wording was wrong, but it was meant to be taken light heartedly.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
True, you did say you didn't mean to sound mean---sorry if I seemed to jump too harshly. :embarrassed:

I dunno though, I highly enjoy "Bear" on the rare times I get to see it, and it has great music, too. Luna is just so numinous and I love her time with Bear, and Pip and Pop crack me UP!

Really!

They do!

:big_grin:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Now see I said I didn't mean it to be mean. I do enjoy most of the things you listed, however Bear in the Big Blue house is not near that kind of quality. from whats I've seen, it's Barney dressed as a bear. It's a different style of kids show all together.
Dude, you need to watch more than ONE episode to make that kind of judgement and have anyone take it seriously. Bear is very high quality script and song writing. That's in HIGH contrast to anythign ever seen on Barney.

This is just sacrilege. I weep for you my friend :cry: