Watched the Bear for the first time...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound de-ranged, but I loved EUREKA'S CASTLE as a teenager. I watch ARTHUR every now & than on PBS. If I get up early enough, I catch SS and, if it's on, MISTER ROGERS, watching it with as much enjoyment as I did as an elementary school kid. I didn't stop watching the old afternoon showing of SS as part of my "daily" routine until around sixth grade.

And I sometimes catch THE BERENSTAIN BEARS, too (Not often, though, because it's on the same time as THE NANNY :smile: ). Yes, I am still a huge fan of them. My fav -- at least in the series -- is Papa Bear; he can be so funny:big_grin: !

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well SS, The Bearston Bears, and that stuff is actually funny. I mean SS is as much written for adults as kids, but I didn't like hte bear at all.

I mean what's with that shadow thing on the wall? And the chats with the moon? And why does Treelo talk in a voice that you can only just understand? The first time I heard her I thought she was talking in a different language or a bit like the Sweedish Chef.

No offence ment, but *sniff* have you been washing your hands or do you always smell like soap?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
And the chats with the moon? And why does Treelo talk in a voice that you can only just understand? The first time I heard her I thought she was talking in a different language or a bit like the Sweedish Chef.

No offence ment, but *sniff* have you been washing your hands or do you always smell like soap?
You don't get the "chats with the moon"? :sympathy: I think one of the sweetest and most introspective things about "Bear".

And Treelo is a he.

And Bear sniffin' ya every day is one o' the greatest things there is!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Treelo is a HE!!!! Now you have to be kidding. I would never have known!

Realy!

Never!

Well I guess the moon bit is OKish, though I never thought the moon sounded so patronising. Hm, maybe if I saw more episodes I would change my opinion.

But I love the Hoobs and I have only seen two eps.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, Arthur... I love all of those.

Berenstein Bears is one of the children's programs I could personally never stand.

To say an adult is weird for watching a televisin series for children without having children around is un-fair. Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show... I'm sure I could list others, they're all considered "children's television" to the outside world.

So, technically, you're watching children's programing every time you pop a TMS DVD/tape into the DVD player/VCR.

I'm not trying to start an arguement here, and I'm not angry. Just stating the obivous.

:smile: :cry: :stick_out_tongue: :excited: <---representatives of each series...:zany: <---and a penguin.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
I think you have a slight problem...
To say that Byron has a "slight problem" just shows that your judgement is waaaaaaaaaay off. Slight? That is like the understatement of the year, dude.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Maybe I was too hasty. I have seen it again, And I have to say that it was quate good puppetry. ANd the rest of my family think it is great, but I still have reservations.

I don't like Treelo, or the Shadow, but still that's how it is.

My favorite is Ojo I think.

Does anyone think that Bear should lose a few pounds? (Though he'd probably go sniffing round trying to find them again!!!)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
So, technically, you're watching children's programing every time you pop a TMS DVD/tape into the DVD player/VCR.
But TMS was made for adults. It's stupid present-day soceity that has it labled as "family" and "children". :rolleyes:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
To say that Byron has a "slight problem" just shows that your judgement is waaaaaaaaaay off. Slight? That is like the understatement of the year, dude.
Hey c'mon, you know me and muh allies are right about this...

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Hey c'mon, you know me and muh allies are right about this...
Yeah, I know, but still he needed to be corrected.