Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
*waves hand* Oh, oh! Me, pick me! I'd even play a janitor if it meant I could be in the movie.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It looks like it is already going to be better than the new G.I. Joe movie IMHO :smile:. *hee* A G.I. Joe and a FR movie made around the same time, it is is a little funny...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would say something about the G.I. Joe movie, but then again I was never crazy about G.I. Joe in the first place. I enjoyed Transformers, and I love love loved the Ninja Turtles... but G.I. Joe never did anything for me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have a lot of love for just the G.I. Joe cartoon but I don't have much hope for the new live action movie. I'd rather see the FR one :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But then again, the difference between G.I. Joe/Transformers and Fraggle Rock is that Joe/Formers are cartoons so they can sell toys... and the movie is just as good as a cartoon series for selling toys (Nowadays, all you see is movie toy lines). Look at the boost in Transformers' popularity after the movie... something that was waning after the Japanese TF shows. Since that movie was successful, Hasbro put the funding in for a movie based on their other most successful property, and that's Joe. I wonder if a My Little Pony film is not too far behind. They don't need a Mr. Potatohead film... after all, Toy Story 3 is coming out next year, and he's a major character.

But back to the celebrity guest star bit... there's only one cameo I'd LOVEd to see in the movie, but no thanks to all the red tape, it would be impossible to see him. Of course, I'm talking about :smile:

Foodie

Reaction score
They asked me to play Zartan in the G.I. Joe movie. I said yes but then I woke up. :smirk:

Nick22

Reaction score
i dont feel like reading this whole thread, so i have a couple questions. when is this planned for? whats it gonna be about?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ We don't know too much yet. Only time will tell. Unless they start shooting the movie soon, we're going to have to wait until early 2011 or later until it's in theaters.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't know who is dragging their feet on this. It's not clear. Is it Henson or Weinstein? I kind of think it might be the former. Henson Co has a way of letting projects wither on the vine in development for whatever reason. Have we heard any new news about Dark Crystal since a couple months ago? I hope some sort of announcement is made next month at Comic Con. Maybe that's what it is? Let's hope. :smile: