Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
It could really be anything. Perhaps they’re waiting for Comic Con. Perhaps they were waiting until the Licensing Expo to get a better feel for how FR fits the market now. Or perhaps they're almost ready and we'll hear something soon.

One thing is for sure: the sooner it gets into production, the better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Perhaps they’re waiting for Comic Con. Perhaps they were waiting until the Licensing Expo to get a better feel for how FR fits the market now. Or perhaps they're almost ready and we'll hear something soon.

One thing is for sure: the sooner it gets into production, the better.

I'm really hoping if they're holding out on anything, it's licensing. This film does NOT need to go to development limbo like the idea of a Fraggle Movie had been in since the 80's. Right now I want Henson to focus on getting this film off the ground, and put the DTV CGI things aside. And I really wasn't impressed by the preview of Dinosuar Train. There IS a market for a Fraggle film out there. Certainly a lot more demand than that pathetic Land of the Lost feature.

I really hope they clear this up ASAP. I want them to get this into production before the Booberish worrying begins.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
We all just have to hope that whatever "mess" is holding it back, it'll stop soon :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
awesome! i cant wait for this new movie! :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It seems that they're trying to coordinate performers' schedules and the movie budget. It's good that the creative pre-production is largely out of the way.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*wakes up from where she has been camping out in topic waiting for news*
A movie? A movie :big_grin:!
At this point I don't mind if the actual movie making side of things were to take a year or more. Good work takes time :smile:. I sometimes wonder how long it takes to make all of Fraggle Rock, even with a computer....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great news that the film is moving forward. Still seems to be delaying in a couple areas, but all parties want this film to happen.

A couple things I wanna note:

And I will say again that we are striving to bring on any and every ORIGINAL PUPPETEERING CAST MEMBER that we can. Some may not work out, but that is what we are shooting for.
Every surviving and available puppeteer. I'm sure we'll see everyone. I mean, they clearly will all jump at the chance to reprise their old roles. Sure, the obvious recasts of puppeteers who are no longer with us, but this quashes that stupid rumor someone was spreading that it wouldn't be them.

I was also encouraged to hear that Henson is going to publish a series of Fraggle Rock Comic Books. I think it would be cool to tie some of those comics stories to the mythology of the feature, maybe even cook up a direct prequel or B-story. I'm just throwing that out there, Henson Publishing. Call me!
I love how he acknowledged that. I've seen a lot of movies get comic back story prequels... even the upcoming Astroboy.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
My fear over the casting is the upcoming new Muppet movie may conflict, no? That would leave a couple major Fraggle players without their performer if that were the case. That timing may play into this...