yes i am right...

goodness i am on a powertrip today!

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
NNOOOOOOO that show scared me!!!

i did like cardcaptors though.....

and we all know when you get sarah started on saturday morning cartoons she is going to bring up the best cartoon series of all time, ANIMANIACS!,

now i watch ABC.....unless my brother changes it to Jackie Chan Adventures...which is an interesting show.....i'll leave it at that:wink:

Sarah
*sigh* Remember the good ol' days when carttons were actually good? As Sarah said, the WB's Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and all those other Stephen Spielberg cartoons. The eighties with our Muppet Babies, Winnie the Pooh, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I was an odd kid). And just a few years ago with ABC's line-up of Doug, Pepper Ann, and House of Mouse, which I have no idea if it's still even on other than Disney channel. Or even further back in the ABC line-up of The Bugs Bunny and Tweety show and Reboot. These poor kids now have to grow up on Stargate Infinity and... other weird shows.

I'd have to say, surprisingly, Disney has kept to their decent Saturday morning line-up. But I want my Muppet Babies and Winnie the Pooh back.

*sigh*

Gooooooooooood Grief! Why didn't you people stop me before I started sounding like an idiot!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
[B
Gooooooooooood Grief! Why didn't you people stop me before I started sounding like an idiot! [/B]
But that wouldn't be as much FUN!!! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I don't think ABC has had a stellar line up since one Saturday Morning started up. I absolutely love the fact Poorer Rangers is on ABC, at a time that it gets frequently premptied on my station by informercials and Gardening shows! Now I don't even think about them.

WB is starting to shape up (or had) with New Scooby Doo (which actually plays off the older episodes if you pay attention close enough, and it doesn't feature haunted houses every episode), Ozzy and Drix (pretty good), and Mucha Lucha (the first ever Flash animated TV show!) Plus the return of Static Shock (opposite Turtles... rats!) These may not be up to Pinky and the Brain, or Animaniacs, but theyr'e better than the usual endless YUGIOH/Pokemon reruns.

As for Fox, that sort of Kiddy anime is at least better than the original Fox kid's Power Ranger/ Digimon/ Moncollie Knights Bull crap we had before people realised how moronic those shows were, and they lost money up the wazzoo (it's Eisner's problem now!) Though I vomit profusely about Fighting Foodons, I love Kirby. Muscle is okay, but it absolutely pales in comparison to the orignal Kinnikuman Mangas,which were actually quite brilliant (guess my new obsession for the week. Next time, Bullwinkle cartoons!). Even though these are pretty lame, they are certainly better than Yu (buy my toys) Gi(-adzooks the money we make off of you!) Oh(what suckers, you are!)

Of course they all fall flat against Ninja Turtles (which surpasses the original show in style, writing, and animation!)

But Saturday mornings aren't half as good as they used to be....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There will never be normal saturday mornings again until all the regular channels show good cartoons from 6 am until noon, like in the old days.

House of Mouse is pretty good when I see it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

Okay, am I the only one who thinks that House o Mouse is just an ad for Disney? Not even a good one? I hate it, except for the actual cartoon interstials, and that one episdoe with Pain and Panic, but that's abouyt it (Sour Grapes fro not putting Darkwing or Scrooge in it!)

Oh... I forgot to say another thing that bugs me... why don't channels have original programming on any more? They always have contreacts to show reruns off of cable channels. I mean, we need to kick off Dora and Blue and get Pelswick and AAHH Real Monsters on CBS.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I meant the regular cartoons through it all, not the thing with all the different movie characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, the play between the movie characters seems like.... it should be counted as commercial time. The cartoons are pretty good (the Goofy ones especially). Though I didn't like the "opposite land " one... ick.

But I swear, the two worst shows on Fox Box are Stargate (how a lack luster film can be a crappy syndicated show and a reall piece of *&^%^^& &*^&^% *&*^& of a cartoon is beyond me!) and Cramp Twins... it's too much like a reject from Cartoon Network.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love The New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh. I've always been a huge Pooh fan - my general online username is bilbopooh - and I just love that show. The characters, the music, the animation... it's just such a quality production. They seem to put a great deal of effort into each and every episode, which I think is too often not the case. With so many of the cartoons, it almost seems like they were just slapped together. I think House of Mouse is okay. It's kinda fun sometimes, having all those characters together in one place. I miss the shows like Aladdin - I loved that show - and Little Mermaid. Thank goodness for Pooh!
Erin

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Okay, am I the only one who thinks that House o Mouse is just an ad for Disney?
Um...well, I think its pretty cool idea. Couldnt anything be considered a commercial? Heck they even parodied Smashing Pumpkins and obscure avant garde German techno artists Kraftwerk on an episode(Quakwerk) I wills ay that one House of Mouse 'feature' was probably Disney's lamest cheapquel idea ever...as most of it was old footage resynced with new dialogue. How sad.

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
There will never be normal saturday mornings again until all the regular channels show good cartoons from 6 am until noon, like in the old days.

Oh man, all through the 80's it was a six am til noon concerto for me! *oh those great memories!*

You know why Disney ABC still runs Pooh episodes from 1989? Because those were and still are very cool. House of Mouse is very cool...the premise of this huge crossover is very very cool. If only JHC could still do that sort of thing.

So yeah, I love New Adv(ok, not so new anymore) of winnie the Pooh...I watch Tazarn and Recess now and then. Cant stand Buzz Lightyear...and the one 90's film spinoff show I miss the most...Timon and Pumba! Man those guys have good chemistry!