Well This is a New One...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thanks for NOT telling about your map store story! :stick_out_tongue: And did they have any?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, let's see...

There were a couple of those outdoor flags that people hang out by their front doors, you know?

And there was a whole box of little teeny, tiny Canadian flags that were made of paper, and the flag poles were tooth picks... and they were made in China (what, you guys couldn't have made them yourselves? You need Chinese to glue paper to tooth picks for yourselves?)

I found a decal for car bumpers, but Mom DESPISES bumper stickers.

What I was really looking for those little cloth flags that are attached to plastic sticks (like when people down here in the U.S. of A. wave in their hands around the Fourth of July, and crap like that)... they had EVERY SINGLE country in stock EXCEPT Canada.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that your map shop gets their flags from the original countries of origin that the flags represent. They probably come from one shop somewhere across the planet.

I will have to get you a sweet Canadian flag. I should make you a Canada care package. I've been wanting to do that for ages! :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that your map shop gets their flags from the original countries of origin that the flags represent. They probably come from one shop somewhere across the planet.
Yeah, believe it or not, this Map Store's a cult. Sure, they've got all kinds of great stuff... but it's other people's at jacked up prices. A decent wall map that might be between $10-$30 in a department store, or an office supply store was between $50-$500.
Peppi said:
I will have to get you a sweet Canadian flag. I should make you a Canada care package. I've been wanting to do that for ages! :big_grin:
A "Canada Care Package"... that sounds like a cool idea... it wouldn't have any live beavers in it, would it?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
A "Canada Care Package"... that sounds like a cool idea... it wouldn't have any live beavers in it, would it?
No! First I would have to find one. 0__0

But it would probably have a flag, some maple syrup, and some sweet canadian candy that you guys don't have. Also, ketchup chips (you don't know what you are missing). Although the chips might get squished in the mail!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Ketchup Chips"? Whoa, that reminds of that episode of Cow and Chicken where Red Guy was the school lunch lady, and all he served was ketchup-food: ketchup flakes for breakfast, ketchupy fish balls (as in you know what) for lunch, ketchup Jell-O for dessert...

Ketchup chips...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, they're just ketchup flavoured potato chips. I used to like them when i was a kid but I kind of grew out of them, I like barbecue better now.

Do you guys have dill pickle chips? They are my absolute favourite.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, they're just ketchup flavoured potato chips. I used to like them when i was a kid but I kind of grew out of them, I like barbecue better now.
Yeesh... I like barbecue chips myself, but ketchup chips? I don't know about that... I can only tolerate ketchup so much, you know, all that acid and stuff.

But I will admit, when I was little, I used to squirt ketchup on tortilla chips because I couldn't tolerate salsa.

Peppi said:
Do you guys have dill pickle chips? They are my absolute favourite.
Yeah, we got those a couple of years ago, but I didn't find to much flavor to them, much like original flavor...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Its ketchup flavoured powder on the chips, not like liquid ketchup >< It's delicious.

And you probably just didn't find the right kind of dill chips. Lays or Humpty Dumpty are good :big_grin:

I googled ketchup chips for you, and I found this awesome website: http://www.canadaonly.ca/ and it's so that people in the United States can order foods that are special to Canada. Muahahaha!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Its ketchup flavoured powder on the chips, not like liquid ketchup >< It's delicious.

And you probably just didn't find the right kind of dill chips. Lays or Humpty Dumpty are good :big_grin:
No, they WERE Lays. They didn't have too much flavor to me... I was expecting them to actually taste like a yummy dill pickle, but they pretty much tasted like original flavor.

Peppi said:
I googled ketchup chips for you, and I found this awesome website: http://www.canadaonly.ca/ and it's so that people in the United States can order foods that are special to Canada. Muahahaha!
Wait a minute... since when are Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios Canadian-only products? And we have Special K, Crispix, Corn Pops, Quaker Oat Meal, and all that jazz... but we DON'T have Alpha-Bits anymore. They phased that out a LONG time ago... I really miss the marshmallow one, it was yummy!