Well This is a New One...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah but they probably taste different. Kind of like how beer is stronger in Canada. And Mountain Dew has different ingredients here.

Plus alot of that stuff you can't get in the states or other countries. Like SMARTIES. And Mars bars are different.

You nitpicker. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
At one point you could buy ketchup chips in the US. I remeber seeing them a while back, had to have been 5 or 6 years ago, then they mysteriously dissapeared. Peronsally, I just dip my chips in ketchup, but they have to be the ruffled kind, or they dont taste as good

Java

Reaction score
Plus alot of that stuff you can't get in the states or other countries. Like SMARTIES. And Mars bars are different.
We have Smarties where I am. At least I've always grown up on these little tablet like sugar candies called Smarties.

Are they different than that?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
We have Smarties where I am. At least I've always grown up on these little tablet like sugar candies called Smarties.

Yeah we have them too. Aren't they pretty much a Halloween staple?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We don't have Smarties where I live.

We don't even have 7-11s where I live! We have Weigel's...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering we've gone far off topic to an extreme here, I'll add something. Try import stores. I swear by them. I know where to get Kinder Surprise eggs, Smarties (the M&M like ones. Not those chalky things), Lion Bars, and especially Pocky, Doriyaki, and various candies that come with Japanese cartoon character surprises. Oddly, I can't find too many products specifically from Canada, though I know they have some somewhere. Just Europe and Asia for me. There are some DVD's I'd like to buy from Canada, but that's another story all together.

As for Ketchup chips.. well, there are some in the US, but they're regional. There are some they sell in small bags in Vermont or something. I know it's near a ski resort, as I saw it on the Phantom Gourmet. There's a website they keep talking about with potato chip rarities, but i can't remember it right now.

On topic again:
Superstitions are just little stories to discourage you from doing unsafe things (ie walking under a ladder, waiting half an hour after eating before swimming) but if they serve no true purpose than I don't think it means anything at all.
I never had trouble with the eating/ Swimming one. I heard it actually can happen, and you'll get a minor stomache upset... but then again, that could be from the swimming, using all your muscles to perform that task. Excersizing that soon after you eat pretty much gives certain people stomache aches anyway. I usually just wade, so I never had that problem.

But the funny superstitions are the real ones that are a hoot. I mean, a black cat will only give you problems if it scratches you. Breaking a mirror is seven years of stepping on glass, unless you clean thouroughly. As for Friday the 13th, well... Fridays are a pretty hard day to get through anyway. Personally, I think monday the 13th is worse... just because it's a Monday. Maybe it's my love of Garfield, but I can't stand Mondays...

MrsPepper

Reaction score

Completely 100% different. What you call Smarties, Canada calls Rockets.

Smarties are basically M&M's, but a bit bigger, taste a bit sweeter and come in rainbow colours.
(And the tagline tells you that you have to eat the red ones last!)

Wait, what were you saying about Kinder surprise eggs, drtooth? I didn't realise that that's not a US-wide thing. I love them so much, but it's a pain to put the toy together! Hahaha.

Back on topic... As a kid I wanted a black cat SO bad! I didn't think it was bad luck, I just thought they were really beautiful.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Smarties are basically M&M's, but a bit bigger, taste a bit sweeter and come in rainbow colours.
(And the tagline tells you that you have to eat the red ones last!)
Yeah, and? I always eat the red M&Ms last. I always eat the red Skittles last. I always eat the red jujubes last.