1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Wembley Fraggle! Squeet squeet squat!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Slackbot, Apr 27, 2013.

1. BoxGhost

BoxGhost New Member

I said this on deviantart already, but you did a really awesome job. :) My wembley is still sitting naked in the basement. :O Gotta get that shirt fabric printed.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Without his banana tree shirts, he will have no clue what to wear.

GopherCoffee and BoxGhost like this.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Wem has no clue what to wear when he does have his shirts. He'll agonize over which shirt to wear. I imagine the decision is easier when one of his shirts is in the wash...unless he suddenly realizes that nudity is an option...shirt or no shirt? Shirt inside-out or outside-out? And he goes back to bed in a Wembletonic fit.

I need to make the shirt fabric for Wem. I've been so focused on the book illo project, I don't have much drawin' energy left over for other things.

GopherCoffee and BoxGhost like this.
  4. BoxGhost

BoxGhost New Member

I've been holding off on printing mine because I'm not 100 percent happy with my design yet. I'm probably going to redo it about 700 times, just like how I keep redoing my wembley's face pattern.

I'm the same way, too, I'm working on my comic and my freelance illustration projects and at the end of the day I'm beat and never have the energy to work on it. One day... one day...

Yours looks great, though, you should be so proud. Cannot wait to see your other puppets.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. TML

TML Active Member

He came out awesome. So freaking cute! How did you figure the head shape out? His is weird.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Slackbot

Trial and error! I made 7 skulls for him before getting one with the right shape. It had to have the long, round-ended schnoz, short lower jaw, round cheeks, and overall flexibility of the original puppet. Oh, and the puppeteer's hand has to be able to fit inside it too. That was a tough combo. At least I got a bit of a hint from one of the DVD special features, when they talked about Wem's mouthplate. It's not two separate pieces like most other characters' are, but one piece, with the back scored so it can flex smoothly.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. TML

TML Active Member

What DVD is that special feature on? A cool bit of info.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Slackbot

It's on the complete first season. They have interviews with some of the creators and puppeteers.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Awesome!

GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Slackbot

[​IMG]

Wembley's finally rockin' his banana tree shirt!

11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Awww, Wembley's finally decent, lol.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Slackbot

Still walking around without pants, though.

13. kumakami

kumakami Member

as it should be

14. Slackbot

Since I've already gone to all the trouble of drawing all the elements in the banana tree fabric, compositing and tiling them, and setting the whole shebang up to be printed I figured, what the heck, might as well share it. So, the Banana Trees print is available from Spoonflower in your choice of ten fabrics. It's also on wrapping paper and even wallpaper, should you feel some bizarre need for such.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. charlietheowl

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to use it for my family-friendly remake of "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, "The Banana-Tree Wallpaper".

GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Slackbot

Er... I don't get the reference, but if you have some odd use for it, by all means go for it.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. charlietheowl

It's referring to a short story about this woman who goes crazy because of the wallpaper in her new home, she sees all sorts of patterns and people in it. I had to read it in like 12 different English classes in college and it got worse every time. Banana trees might have made things better for her, you never know.

So silly English major joke, 'tis all. :wisdom:

GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. Slackbot

Ladies and gentlemen, the answer to the age-old question, "What Do You Do With A B.A. in English?" ;)

GopherCoffee and charlietheowl like this.
  19. Slackbot

[​IMG]

I've seen a Fraggle without a shirt, but never a shirt without a Fraggle.

[​IMG]

Since the first banana tree shirt was destined for another Wembley, I made shirt 2.0, which is the shirt my Wembley shall be rockin'. And rockin' it he is! Lookit him, playing all cool, munching on that Doozer stick. I'd give him some sunglasses, except I wouldn't know what to do with the earpieces.

20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Cute Wembley pic! :)
    I just adore him.

GopherCoffee likes this.