West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, y'know, Agnes Moorehead was a Fundamentalist, and a minister's daughter to boot, and yet she's immortalized as Endora from BEWITCHED, so yeah. Then again, I heartell that sometimes she could be a bit of a nuisance behind-the-scenes with her uber-conservative, rightist views and beliefs, to the point that other cast and crew members would walk on eggshells to avoid saying or doing anything that she would deem morally reprehensible.
Kind of ironic, considering she was heavily rumored to be a lesbian.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kind of ironic, considering she was heavily rumored to be a lesbian.
She and Debbie Reynolds were BFFs in real life, and from what I understand - and I'm not 100% sure on this, I'd need to look into this more - somebody Debbie knew was really jealous of their close friendship, and as a result, decided to start circulating rumors that they were actually lovers.

But then again, somebody once the did the same with Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors, even though they both actually were gay, but like Agnes and Debbie, they were just good friends.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, y'know, Agnes Moorehead was a Fundamentalist, and a minister's daughter to boot, and yet she's immortalized as Endora from BEWITCHED, so yeah. Then again, I heartell that sometimes she could be a bit of a nuisance behind-the-scenes with her uber-conservative, rightist views and beliefs, to the point that other cast and crew members would walk on eggshells to avoid saying or doing anything that she would deem morally reprehensible.
The difference being that this film is essentially an encapsulation of the furthest of right, fundest of mental beliefs. I find these films detrimental to Christians to the point of hurting their own cause by making them look crazier and more irrational than even the most militant atheist would. I get the whole paranoid "the atheists are coming to get us" bit, but they demonize other religions in these things. That's disgusting. It's one thing to have some nasty vocal atheist say "everyone who believes in God is an idiot," but the film series says "anyone who believes in any specific version of God other than the one we hold claim to is evil and trying to oppress you."

To me, that sounds like the very same audience who would have wrote nasty letters to ABC trying to get Sabrina the Teenage Witch pulled. It's ...strange.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So it wasn't enough that Disney had to make unnecessary prequels for Wizard of Oz and Malefecent, now they're doing a prequel for the evil queen from Snow White.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing that makes it more bothersome is that Snow White and the Huntsman is also making a prequel to that story. Almost corrected you on that until I remember reading there will be a Disney Live Action Snow White film. Though what I heard was that the Disney one was to be a sequel, not a prequel. I dunno. I really think Disney is putting all their live action eggs in a live action basket. They're bound to have one of these things do poorly, and then their entire live action gritty remake plans will implode. I mean, if they've killed plans for more Tron films because Tomorrowland sucked critically and commercially. If Jungle Book doesn't perform well, I can just hear someone saying "Shut it down. Shut it all down!"

I can't remember which Midnight Screening I saw, but I like how Brad Jones basically called the Huntsman prequel a Snow White and the Huntsman movie made specifically for those who hate Kristen Stewart, and then saying he actually liked her in that first one.

That said, I find most Oz movies unnecessary. As I've said countless times before, that darn 1939 overly iconic classic pretty much doomed any WOZ movies and projects, with only Wicked doing well for itself as a book and musical. Really kinda want to revisit the Return to Oz movie from the 80's, though. I think I've only seen a bit of that one when I was little.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That said, I find most Oz movies unnecessary. As I've said countless times before, that darn 1939 overly iconic classic pretty much doomed any WOZ movies and projects, with only Wicked doing well for itself as a book and musical.
Like I've said on a similar token, I know Zemeckis has been pushing for years for a Roger Rabbit sequel, and I think it's actually been greenlit not too many years ago, and it's going to be CGI. I just can't imagine a sequel doing even modestly successfully. Not only has it been too many years sinc ethe first one, but the first one came out during a time where a blend of live action and animation was still impressive because it had only been done so few times before in the past. In this day and age where practically everything is possible with things like CGI, motion capture, Serkis Folk and such, I feel a Roger Rabbit sequel would fall flat on its cotton tail.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I somehow see potential in a Roger Rabbit film about him and his toon buddies struggling to remain relevant and working in the 50's with the dawn of television in every home. They sort of touched upon that in one of the comics, but it feels to me they can expand upon that. And without the fat, poorly aged Jessica Rabbit (insert joke about how they predicted Kathleen Turner not aging well here). Yeah. They totally made a comic where Roger has a nightmare it's 10 years later and he has to work as a butt monkey for an unfunny TV clown and to hammer the concept of "horrifying future" Jessica Rabbit is fat for some reason.

Other than that, I don't think RR really needs another movie. The treatments for the other two proposed films back in the 90's sounded hit or miss. I liked the concept of cartoons during the war effort, but I don't think it would work as a film, nor would the one about Bugs Bunny being his father.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is from the same studio that brought us Norm of the North. Literally nothing surprises me about this in any way shape or form. I'd be more surprised if they aren't still going wit a NotN DTV cheapquel franchise.

All I'm looking forward to is it's already "What the Frak?!" fanbase being split about how it's actually awful and how the other half would literally watch a snuff film with these characters in them.