West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just read a review of Alpha and Omega 2 on Deviantart and found out that two of the pup's names are seriously Stinky and Runt. Do they're parents hate them or something? It reminds me of the time I joked about naming my future daughter Meg Griffin.

Why am I even wasting my time reading reviews? The whole franchise just isn't my cup of tea (except for Lily, she's the only character I give a crap about!)

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know things are bad when even fictional, non-existent movies get sequels!

I kid, obviously.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney announces a Live Action Peter Pan...

Because it worked so well for everyone else.

If there's something that says "you're pushing it with the live action remakes," it's making another Peter Pan film. Weren't there like two others before Pan that also did poorly? I seem to remember one made in the middle of last decade that no one's ever heard of again.

While Jungle Book is getting praise and legitimately looks good (I actually want to see this after all), I don't know how that's going to stack up Box Office wise with their 2 hit live action remakes (though Maleficent was a prequel). Like I said before, all it takes is for one of these to flop to sink their live action fairy tale films.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Disney announces a Live Action Peter Pan...

Because it worked so well for everyone else.

If there's something that says "you're pushing it with the live action remakes," it's making another Peter Pan film. Weren't there like two others before Pan that also did poorly? I seem to remember one made in the middle of last decade that no one's ever heard of again.

While Jungle Book is getting praise and legitimately looks good (I actually want to see this after all), I don't know how that's going to stack up Box Office wise with their 2 hit live action remakes (though Maleficent was a prequel). Like I said before, all it takes is for one of these to flop to sink their live action fairy tale films.
Yeah, if Petes Dragon, or even The BFG, fails then it's ALL over. I kinda hope that happens, because none of these remakes have looked good except for The Jungle Book, in my opinion.

Also, I know that Peter Pan movie from the last decade. I didn't see it, but I can remember advertising for it. And yes, I believe it bombed. It was called just "Peter Pan", I think, and it was made by a big studio that isn't Disney.
EDIT- here it is. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=peterpan03.htm

Drtooth

Reaction score
I couldn't even tell there was a Peter Pan movie when that one came out. I actually only found out about the movie's existence when I went to a Wendy's and it was the kid's meal prize.

I'm sure Disney's name can give this movie a boost, but we've had 2 bomb Peter Pan films and one that was, I don't want to say Oscar Bait, but it "Finding Neverland" which at least had a moderate enough following to become a stage musical. Even then, I'm sure it's not a well know film. Disney is really pulling a gambit here. They have a steady slew of upcoming live action fairy tales and only 2 have been released so far and have been proven successes.

Jungle Book looks intriguing enough for me to be excited by it. I might try and see it this weekend. But that isn't a given as a success yet. I'm concerned it's being released too inbetween Zootopia and Civil War, though just distant enough it could get a modest box office.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also Another Jumanji Movie. Supposedly a remake, though I never call something based on a book a "remake" unless it's setting out to remake the film exactly. As in, I don't consider any of the Dracula movies or Sherlock Holmes variations so much remakes as retellings and reimaginings because you could count the first films as remakes of the books. In other words, I never count the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory '00's as a remake of the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory film of the 70's because it goes in a completely different direction telling the same story.

There's no real detail about whether the film's going to try to be just like the original Jumanji film or it's going to do something different with the book's original story. All I know is, they technically had a Jumanji remake with Zathura, the sort of sequel type follow up book with the board game being about Outer Space. Had I not known that it was a legit second story by the same author, I would've called it a ripoff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was supposedly confirmed that the sequel was all an elaborate hoax orchestrated by Warner Bros., for whatever reason, however the hoax has never quite died down (kind of like how those Veggie Monster rumors kept swirling around for years). Either way, I'm still glad I produced this little satire about the whole thing two years ago:

And believe it or not, I actually do have an idea for a fourth MORON LEAGUE entry, I just lack a considerable amount of what I would need to make it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It was supposedly confirmed that the sequel was all an elaborate hoax orchestrated by Warner Bros., for whatever reason, however the hoax has never quite died down (kind of like how those Veggie Monster rumors kept swirling around for years).
Actually, it looks like it might be happening, maybe. The rumors have gone a lot farther than they did last time.
This guy theorized that the first time the rumors happened was so Warner Bros could test to see how many people actually wanted a sequel. When it got a mediocre reaction, Warner shelved it. But than Warner started the rumors all over again to once again test the reaction. This time the reaction is much bigger, and the news is getting a lot more buzz, so now that they have all this publicity they'll actually make the movie this time, skip to about 3:14:

That's possible, or it could be that they had just started the early stages of production the first time the rumors started, but now they've finally actually started working on the script or are getting ready to film it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's weird how I noticed how Shaq-Fu, probably due to its reputation managed to come back not only as a rebooted video game, but a delicious Arizona bottled drink. What's this got to do with Space Jam 2, you ask?

Seems Shaq's been doing some great Adam Westing in recent years. He's clearly playing off the fact he loaned himself out to some questionable things from the 90's that in the end come off as campy. So he's in on the joke.

Space Jam, while a very polarizing movie (then again, anything post the late 50'd Looney Tunes is contested by so called purists), did make a decent amount of money and it does have a cult fanbase. Yet, it was known as an embarrassment to certain WB fans. It was even brutally parodied in Animaniacs (oddly using parody versions of character WB owns the rights to), featuring the cartoon characters looking bored and uninterested.

Fast forward to a few years ago when the title song became a Meme:

For example.

Now, I get the nostalgia bordering on camp aspect of the film, but I do not see another film necessary. Like I said about every other Looney Tunes movie they threatened to make (including a Speedy Gonzales one now that's clearly not going to happen), I'll believe it when I see an official trailer.