1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

What Happened to The Muppet Puppets etc?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Muppetsdownunder, May 10, 2003.

1. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Why the Creature Shop, and how much?!
    I have plenty designs but only Muppets.

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

The Creature Shop is the division of Henson that builds and creates puppets. They do make stuff for independant TV/Film companies but i'm not sure if an individual could have them make something. Basically you probably wouldn't be able to afford it even if they did - it isn't as simple as buying that puppet from them. I would bet my shirt that they wouldn't bother making anything unless they were selling you the character rights, broadcasting rights etc as well which they'd own if they built something. Probably looking at many tens of thousands. They made the ITV Digital 'Monkey' puppet in the UK and made the puppets for the group Supergrass's pop video 'Pumping on Your Stereo'.

If you want a 'Muppet Like' puppet made then Terry Angus (Butchcat here at MC) makes and sells great ones. He might even custom make something to your designs - you'd have to ask him. I know that he's said many times though that he won't make replicas of Henson Muppet characters.

3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Just putting on my LONG TIME FRIENDS T Shirt!!!

That is sad, because I have always wanted to buy one of the chickens, or maybe a penguin. :cry:

4. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

Hi Beauregard.

Luke is very much right:

A penguin is a very easy do as they are pretty Generic and Henson doesn't have any penguin character per say. If you wish me to build a Penguin and you can afford it then I'd be more than happy to build it. The best thing to do is tell me what you want, then I'd do a budget and then we figure out what you can handle.

Take care

Terry Angus

radio boy likes this.
  5. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Thank you. I thought that the Creature Shop only made animatronics... too bad you can't make replicas; I wanted
    Boppity... I was planning to make my own. But I don't know
    how. I've posted this before and I'm still waiting for vaderdentist's e-mail.

(maybe I can just sneak into Henson's garbage and see
    if they threw out any generic characters.)

If you can't make replicas I have some designs...

6. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

ButchCat! I wanted a puppet made! Just tell me your price
    and I'll e-mail you the design. I've really been excited about
    my character Frazzle J. Wormgut.
    "He's arachniphobic,
    clostraphobic etc. He
    was scared of his trumpet
    score while singing his
    song debut. He even
    was close to having a
    heart attack from seein a
    fly. "

-:zany:

7. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

Hi there Penguin.

I thought that you didn't want me to make one so I didn't persue it. I'm sorry I read your letter wrong. I think private e-mails about this maybe a good idea. My e-mail is: butchg@hfx.eastlink.ca

The best thing to do is send me your drawing and I'll look at it and see what has to go into him, then i do a budget based on size, matteral and labor.

I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Terry Angus

Oh I almost forgot to say that Frazzle J. Wormgut sounds like an interesting Penguin.

Take care

Terry Angus

8. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Not a penguin, a something!:mad: ;)

9. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

There was a puppet up for auction sometime last year that came from the Muppet workshop actually. It wasn't a Muppet character though, it was someone's original design some of the builders did for a fellow who apparently had a connection to Carrol Spinney. I think it was going for a couple thousand.

Incidently, those Muppets don't come cheap. I've heard the international co-productions are charged as much as $10,000 for a basic "anything" Muppet and the Muppets used for the VEE Entertainment shows cost about the same.

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

How much would they charge for a Penguin do you think?

11. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Who knows, but I'd recommend trying Terry first. ;)

12. BorkBork

BorkBork Member

Isn't Terry just about the nicest person on this earth? :D

By the way, Terry thanks for everything! :D

/Anders

13. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I've been wondering what the current condition of Clueless Morgan is as of 2015? Is he in a plastic bin labeled "yet to be reused"?

14. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Sorry to be that guy but, Clueless was lost or maybe stolen after MT according to Bill.

Waiter Grover likes this.
  15. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

LMAO WHY DID YOU RESURECT A THREAD THAT HASEN'T BEEN POSTED IN SINCE 2003?! TWO THOUSAND THREE!! THAT'S 12 YEARS AGO!

16. MuppetSpot

No someone else did and I thought it would be helpful to tell him the news.

17. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Lol, I meant to quote Mad Monty Fan. I wasn't directing my post at you :)

18. MuppetSpot

Oh good. ;)