What Happened to The Muppet Puppets etc?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh good! I only saw one Bay of Pigs skit so I was wondering is he ever showed up on that or on the new pigs in space. Though that was 1996, doesn't seem that long. Hopefully Stramngepork is still in good shape and will see some action and maybe a rebuild.

About MF, I wasn't there so I went by what it said on MC. I guess only the good news was reported, or I didn't read it all. :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Dr. Strangepork was in Muppets From Space, The stuff they have made him from now will probably be good for 20 years i expect !

There are still lots of Fraggles alive and well today.

The Puppets last longer than what you think.

Mildred was made some years before The Muppet Show, she is still with us.

when a puppets interior deteriorates, It isnt the end.
The head can still be filled.

see ya

WiGgY

Reaction score
He was in MFS? Where? I assume in the back some where, but i didn't notice him. Then again I didn't notice Link in MTI either.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Link banged the gong. After Miss Piggy smacked Kermit into the gong, Kermit stands up and turns TO LINK, and says "Ugh! Old girlfriend." To which Miss Piggy replies, "Put 'em back on their stakes!"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I always thought it was a NN(Nearly Naked) version of Linky.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Wiggy,

In the boarding house at the beginning, I think he is wearing Green and white striped Pyjamas.

And then in the end when there is a big crow, Him and Strangepork can be seen in the crowd.

see ya

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thanks. Now I'll pop in my DVD and search for them in those scenes. I hope it was a new puppet.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is going back a few posts, but I believe Warrick is right about at least some of the Fraggles still being around. I know people who did "try-outs" a few years ago in New York and they used old background Fraggles. The story I got was that they were either in rough shape, or they weren't that well put together in the first place (possibly because they were background puppets).

Gobo and Red (maybe it was Mokey) were on display until about a year ago at the CBC Museum in Toronto (CBC co-produced Fraggle Rock with HBO & Henson here in Toronto). They looked to be in almost new condition, but they were probably restored puppets or (more likely) duplicates made specifically for Henson's live exhibit division (I think they do that sort of thing for exhibits more than they like to admit).

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah there were background Fraggles used as cameos in 'Moppatops Shop' here in the UK too.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Come to think of it, at MFest at the very last minute they had a thing where they picked folks to be on stage and perform with some anything/background Muppets. They reperformed the opening theme of TMS.

Phil and a few others got to go up there and use the Muppets.

I remember seeing a few that looked like Fraggles now. Maybe they can better tell us (or look in the MFest photos under the articles link). It'll be toward the end of it all.