What Happened to The Muppet Puppets etc?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
You are soo lucky to have gone to muppetfest, it sounds like a dream come true, if I had a couple of wishes, I'd wish to see all the muppets and performers and stuff.

I wish I could have gone to muppetfest, being in Australia its hard though.

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Come to think of it, at MFest at the very last minute they had a thing where they picked folks to be on stage and perform with some anything/background Muppets. They reperformed the opening theme of TMS.

Phil and a few others got to go up there and use the Muppets.

I remember seeing a few that looked like Fraggles now. Maybe they can better tell us (or look in the MFest photos under the articles link). It'll be toward the end of it all.
:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah; Kynan from TP came up for it, and it was fun to meet him in person. It's an expensive trip to make for many; ultimately it cost me nearly $1000 I think.

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
THE LIFE OF A MUPPET

:smile: I find it so interesting that all you Muppet fans want to know what happens to all of the puppets. Let me start off by letting you know that for the most part any of the principal characters last between 10-15 years, that's with the exception of Kermit, Piggy ( who get the most use out of any Muppet character) and Statler, and Waldorf. Foam latex goes fast especialy on a show or a movie. Once it tears that's it for that head, so the head is replaced with a new version and the old one gets placed into a box and is sometimes used as a stand in on set or a stunt puppet to save the primo version of the character from getting damaged. Every time a principal gets used they are refurbed and sent back to storage. Certain puppet last longer, with Link and StrangePork who are both carved soft foam heads they tend to last longer becase of a combination of things such as glue and flock used on them, it keep the sunlight away from the foam and saves the life of the foam. One thing a lot of people seem to forget is carved heads need to be replicated as exact as possible, so and old Link would never be tossed in the garbage due to the reason that the chances of the same builder being the one to replace it twenty years later would be kinda slim. Old heads are the best reference for any builder because you have the actual 3D head right there to hold in your hand, even if it's in poor shape it helps like you wouldn't believe. So carved heads last longer for the most part. Scott foam carved heads may even last a little longer than soft foam carved heads and latex is great but it tears quickly so they get replaced several times on a movie. Now patterned heads are a different type of story depending on the measurements of the foam used to pattern out the head or body. The thinner the foam the quicker it goes. They all still seem to last at least 10-15 years regaurdless of being used or not. Many of you are curious about who is still around and who has crumbled, well I'm not going to sit here and name them cause who has that much time...lol. But you can be sure that all of your favorite characters are being well taken care of.

WiGgY

Reaction score
How about the fraggles? Were they recently rebuilt, or are they still around or what?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Nice to know it's just the insides that are gone and that they can easily be redone. I'd like to see the Fraggles do a movie of some kind since most of the original performers are still around, though Junior will be hard to replace without Richard. They deserve at least one movie adventure filmed digitally. I wouldn't want to see Fraggle Rock continue as a series though. As people have said before, the show ended in the most perfect way.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Bruno and the gang are dead?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Well while we're on the subject... dose anyone have any
sort of inside Henson connection?..... I think I'd like to by
any not used Muppets before they break down.( Like
Boppity, Purple Frackle, Gobo, Boober, Sesame monsters,
an old Scooter, TMS penguins; Gaffer, any exsisting Frackles
and Fraggles etc.) Please let me know! I'd espacially like
a Frackle (cool and generic enough that no one 'll ever know).
I really need some help! .... unless they're only bidding and
Boppity's in use......

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, even with Henson connections, there is little-to-no chance of ever buying those puppets. I've written about it, and, they have stated that they DO NOT sell their Muppet characters... You could write them and see, but, don't be too dissapointed if they tell you no.

Sorry, pal...

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
CRUD.
I don't think they want to hear from me... I've written
before. But then again, I asked for reproductions of in-action
Muppets..... Like Pepe and Elmo.... I'm gonna rome....To see
if Henson.com has any way to contact the co.!

(P.S. Because they didn't have the photos I asked
for and couldn't send me the puppets they sent me a
generic promo picture hand signed: "The Muppets".The
same pic is on Henson.com's enter menu.)

-:zany:

Luke

Reaction score
Henson don't sell ANY of the Muppet puppets they've used whatsoever. You could probably commision the Creature Shop to make your own original design character but it'd cost loads. The only people who own real 'Muppets' besides the Henson Company are people who have either worked for Henson on productions or longtime friends of the company and been given them as gifts.