What I think happened...

MWoO

Reaction score
Like what though? Sorry, but too many people here say they can do better, but there are few ideas. Maybe if those ideas were put up here we could maybe come together and maybe even send out some kind of proposal to the muppet holding company or something.

rexcrk

Reaction score
MuppetMarc said:
I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit!
Oh me too! It's definitely one of my favorites! :big_grin: I wasn't bashing it or anything when I said that :wink:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
beaker said:
all I know, is if I had a hand in the Muppets(not literally!) or owned them...you;d be seeing a triumphantly glorious new Muppet film, prime time Muppet show that was smart, subversive but still appropriate for the family, and the magic would be back like nobodies business. People would see the Muppets as truly hip, yet every as zanily irreverent, and with a big heart. None of this classic retelling garbage, none of this reality tv spoofing stuff.

You'd have Muppets live from Time Square, interviewing people and having guests on. Youd have a truly edgy new Muppet show, with a great new roster of characters to compliment the old ones.

You'd see a new film that truly pushed the Muppet envelope, with bad guys straight out of Jim Henson creature shop, and the Muppet gang as a whole...just like in TMM and MTM having to take on this foe in the real world...perhaps in San Francisco, Tokyo or Manhattan again.

The Muppets would be as timely, fresh and innovative as ever...truly exciting.

Of course that's just me. Obviously the idiots at Disney have a much, DIFFERENT take on the matter.
I think thats just about what any fan would do or want to do lol

I'd also like to say that if Disney doesn't give a hoot about the muppet then why don't they just get rid of them and sell them to another company who really wants them...it just seems really silly to me....it's not that hard to make a good new muppet show just fallow what they did in the past and make it new...shesh.

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
I think thats just about what any fan would do or want to do lol

I'd also like to say that if Disney doesn't give a hoot about the muppet then why don't they just get rid of them and sell them to another company who really wants them...it just seems really silly to me....it's not that hard to make a good new muppet show just fallow what they did in the past and make it new...shesh.
... like NBC!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Yeah, that was one weird-arse deal when Oswald the Lucky Rabbit came to Disney for Al Michaels and some sports highlights to be named later.:big_grin: (MUFFIN)

BJ

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Yeah, that was one weird-arse deal when Oswald the Lucky Rabbit came to Disney for Al Michaels and some sports highlights to be named later.:big_grin: (MUFFIN)

BJ
say washahsawallawah?:confused:

christyb

Reaction score
Talk about threads you wish you'd spotted sooner. A friend and I were discussing this just the other day. I'm afraid the Muppets have slipped into nostalgia as far as Disney goes. First off, I'd have to say I agree with Beaker. I'd also love to have the "underlings" or as I prefer the heart and soul of the crew (the Muppeteers, builders, JHC employees, etc) speak up on what they really think about the take over. Going back to the orginal theory though, it oddly makes sense. Pixar, I believed bounced back and forth on being bought out by Disney. At one point (please somebody correct me if I'm wrong someone) I think Pixar said no way. Then suddenly the Muppets were bought out. Whether or not the theory is true...it makes some sense. Disney isn't the creative power it used to be. Pixar by far beats them in every release. It's been years since Disney has came out with a winner. The Muppets usually come out like gold with every theatrical release. Maybe...and I'm just throwing something else to debate about out there....Disney is buying out the truly great ideas shelving them to save their own behinds? That's muffining the thread though. Tim, like Vic said, you're very knowledgeable and have been there. What do you think about all this?

beaker

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Like what though? Sorry, but too many people here say they can do better, but there are few ideas. Maybe if those ideas were put up here we could maybe come together and maybe even send out some kind of proposal to the muppet holding company or something.
That's what we've been doing for 8 years on this forum/site:smile:

I t hink I'm just, well disappointed...again, you have Farscape, which didnt even last very long have this insanely huge and organized, very vocal amoun tof million sof fans vocally showing their views...and being heard.

And then there is Muppet fans...who are seen as a fringe, underground niche
cult by most, who when it's apparent the muppets have proverbially been stamped out(aside from the occational calendar, tv appearence and dvd reissue) it's kind of a "meh...least they had a few good decades" attitude.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Even if Disney doesn't do anything NEW with the Muppets I wish they'd do SOMETHING with the Muppets! Like just releasing the old Muppet stuff that I still haven't seen would be awesome. You know what else would be great? Proper 2-disc releases of every movie with loads of juicy bonus materials like deleted scenes and excellent interviews.

Oh yeah and re-release the soundtracks to the movies too. I'm very happy to have the songs I do from the Music, Mayhem, and More album from a couple years ago, but there are still a few songs I want (such as "I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along", "Night Life", "Cabin Fever", and more)

Marky

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Even if Disney doesn't do anything NEW with the Muppets I wish they'd do SOMETHING with the Muppets! Like just releasing the old Muppet stuff that I still haven't seen would be awesome. You know what else would be great? Proper 2-disc releases of every movie with loads of juicy bonus materials like deleted scenes and excellent interviews.

Oh yeah and re-release the soundtracks to the movies too. I'm very happy to have the songs I do from the Music, Mayhem, and More album from a couple years ago, but there are still a few songs I want (such as "I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along", "Night Life", "Cabin Fever", and more)
That new Christmas CD is something.