What is your Favorite Christmas Movie or TV Special?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love that one too. But just for the sake of correction, The special actually aired about 1991 or 1992. rough estimate. I also enjoy I want a Dog for Christmas and Christmas Tales... but they aren't as good as the other two. Plus, I want a dog contains comic strips that were previously animated for the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show (The scene where they fatten up Spike, especially).
Oh yeah, that's right, I'm sorry, I was trying to think of Charlie Brown Christmas Tales, which DID first air in the 2000s (and Sally had green hair for some reason).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Either way, the blockhead sure knows how to give good Christmas specials.

ChelseyBlair

Reaction score
For me it's:

1 Muppet Christmas Carol
2. Miracle on 34th Street
3. Mickey's Christmas Carol
4. A Very Brady Christmas
5. All the old movies I watched as a kid, even Barney's Christmas and Wee Sing, because they take me back :big_grin:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Santa Clause is comin' to town---Mickey Rooney is/was so charming!
All the songs in this movie are SUPER! It gets stuck in your head! I know...I've been at it for nearly two months!

The Polar Express---It had Tom Hanks! I also cried in the movie when I was watching it with my little sister. Don't ask, ok? LOL!

Jack Frost-- I don't remember the actual title, but I just love that terrible gasping laughter he does! And how he teases the little groundhog!

Muppets Christmas Carol-- This is obvious!

The Santa Clause 1,2--David Krumholtz makes the movie worth watching--such a brilliant actor...and an old crush. LOL! Oh, please don't ever see part three...it's yuck! No Bernard= wtheck?

The Grinch-- Jim is WACKEH! Steven Spileburg is such a wonderful...

The Year Without A Santa Clause-- I love the music performed by those cocky two "I'm Mr. Green Christmas...I'm Mr. Sun!". I loved Mrs. Clause! She had a cute little voice.

I'll add some more...

mmm...

Katzi428

Reaction score
For me,it's:
!) A Muppet Family Christmas
2)A Very Brady Christmas (the movie)
3)The Brady Bunch Christmas episode (on TV)
4)National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.(movie)
5)Benson episode "Mary & her Lambs" (Robert Guillaume sings "O Holy Night" in it.He has a great voice!:smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Rich Little's Christmas Carol is another favorite. It is a 1978 Canadian TV special, shot on videotape, but it has aired here on HBO. It's a one-man show, in which Little enacts the Dickens tale through a variety of amusing impersonations.

Scrooge - W.C. Fields

Bob Cratchit - Paul Lynde

Fred - Johnny Carson

Solicitor - Stan Laurel

Solicitor - Oliver Hardy

Jacob Marley - Richard Nixon (instead of chains, he is covered in spools of audiotape)

Ghost of Christmas Past - Humphrey Bogart

Ghost of Christmas Present - Peter Falk as Columbo

Ghost of Christmas Future - Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau

Fezziwig - Groucho Marx

Dick Wilkins - James Stewart

Mrs. Cratchit - Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker

Tiny Tim - Truman Capote

Businessman - John Wayne

Businessman - George Burns

Businessman - James Mason

Boy - Jack Benny

The special is available on DVD.
Oh my gosh! That sounds hilarious! I love Rich Little.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and add Homestarrunner.com's Decemberween specials. I'm watching some of them now, and they are hillarious.

Here are some of my favorites:

Teen Gril Squad Decemberween episode- In this one, the girls are having a secret Decemberween gift exchange. Trouble is, instead of drawing names out of a hat, they draw names out of the mouth of a canivorous lion...

sbe-mail- What I Want- Strongbad gives a list of the things he doesn't want for Decemberween. A christmas orniment ("what better gift to give than something that becomes useless for a year after you unwrap it"), a singing dancing Christmas robot, anything homemade, and homemade orniments (which he dubs a no-gift for being 2 things on his wish not list)

Sweet Cuppin' Cakes: Cactus Coffee and the No Tell Motel- If anyone is familiar with the sbe-mail "crazy cartoon" you'll know why I like it.... from the words of Homestar himself "What's not to understand? Eh! Steve!'s mouth exploded the universe, and that blond guy did a tiny, tiny dance. "

Decemberween Short Shorts- A Peanuts Christmas Tales-esque collection of weird cartoons about Decemberween. First up, Strongbad writes a letter to tube socks. Then the gang is talking orniments on a tree. Strongsad is the "most expensive orniment on the tree by about 40 bucks." and is be-dazzled off the tree by Strongbad's 59 cents worth of styrofoam and cheap plastic sequins. Now we see a old time Homestarrunner cartoon in which an alien admires old Time Homestar's Decemberween rat pile ("it's the most sanitary day of the year."). And Finally, Homestar sings a song to cheer up Coach Z.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
my favorite Christmas TV Special

Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
A Year without Santa Claus
Santa Claus is coming to Town
John Denver and the Muppet Christmas Together
Mickey's Nutcracker from Disneyland

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Another favorite of mine is the Laurel and Hardy version of Babes in Toyland, a.k.a. March of the Wooden Soldiers (1934). It's often syndicated throughout the Christmas season.