1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What is your strangest habit?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by That Announcer, Jun 13, 2005.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Oh yeah. Radiobrain is annoying? Huh...mine isn't, but then again I figured out how to redirect it toward songs I'd actually LIKE to hear...
    -------------
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I don't find Radiobrain annoying; it keeps me occupied during school.
    muppetfan24/7 and newsmanfan like this.
  3. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I eat soft mints to much...think I need to do something about it!
  4. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

This is a little gross, but sometimes...I clean my ears with the edges of my eyeglass frames. Even stranger is the fact that this is something of a hereditary trait; I've seen my dad do the same thing.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No, I do that too, and apparently, so do a lot of people... well, I don't know if it's cleaning so much as it is "scratching" the insides of your ears... I don't know, there's something VERY theraputic and relaxing about it... it feels goooooooooooood... :dreamy:
    muppetfan24/7 and Vincent Liu like this.
  6. newsmanfan

---------------
    Q tips, guys. Q tips.

--------------
    galagr likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

Well yeah, when you're actually cleaning your ears, I'm just talking about simply scratching inside them.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I still am trying to wrap my head around this concept...I don't even quite know how to picture what this habit is from the description...
  9. D'Snowth

Here's a legitimately strange habit I have:

Sometimes whenever I listen to music (through headphones most of the time), I have a tendency to lightly rock back and forth in my seat to the rhythm or tempo of the song I'm listening to.

Also, whenever I'm sealing an envelope, I'll lick my finger, then wet the adhesive that way. That way, I don't have to put my tongue directly on the adhesive and get that nasty taste in my mouth, lol.
  10. Vincent Liu

I do that all the time!
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I do that too, that stuff tastes nasty. I worked at an office once where I had to send checks and bills out every Tuesday, and I learned pretty quickly how gross that stuff really is. One time I got a stomach ache right after I got the envelopes out and I thought I was going to end up like Susan after licking the wedding invitations.
    muppetfan24/7 and D'Snowth like this.
  12. D'Snowth

Well, if you did, don't worry, we'd all go out for coffee.
    muppetfan24/7 and charlietheowl like this.
  13. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I keep touching my hair and it makes me look really shy, which is strange cuz I'm pretty outgoing :(
  14. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Whenever I listen to music, I tap the beat out with my fingers. It probably stems from my piano training, but it makes me look like I'm crazy.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I am also guilty of doing that...in fact, I found myself subconsciously doing it today in a room full of people...the funniest thing was that there was no music, but instead me humming a tune... :p
  16. newsmanfan

-----------
    I will tap fingers to the tune playing in my head. I have also caught myself clicking my jaw to music in my head. No idea how idiotic that must make me appear...

-------------
  17. Vincent Liu

I always thought I'm the only one.
  18. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Ever since I was a child, I've always had the disgusting habit of picking my nose and spots.

And now, I can hear about a hundred MC members barfing as they read that comment.
  19. D'Snowth

You say "and spots", so I'm just going to assume that you're talking about other areas that people pick at, but they just don't talk about, like when certain places get itchy, but you wouldn't scratch them in public.
  20. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

What?! No, ew! I meant acne! LOL!