What kind of action will get SW's attention?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I used the e-mail link a few times to e-mail sesame Workshop to show my support for a release of classic material, but it kept getting sent back, being undeliverable. It was sent bakc saying, "Your e-mail is undeliverable because you either don't have create permissions on this folder or it is only available to folder owners at this time at this time". What is create permissions and how do I get it? Or, what times are the folders not only available to folder owners?

Anyway, my e-mail was stating that I've heard that they were considering releasing some classic Sesame Street DVD releases, told them that I own some of the Sesame Street DVDs curently available (as well as many past video releases), and told them that I think that $48.99 would be a fair price depending on the amount of material included, how many discs there are, and whetehr there are bonus features, but I'd be willing to pay more if I could afford it at the time. I didn't specifically list any speciffic segments I weanted to see (though I did say that I wanted to see all of the baker films, several Kermit segments, some Rosevelt Franklin segments, and plenty of Monsterpiece Theatre and Miami Mice segments, but I didnt' specifically say which ones). Did I do anything wrong with this?

I also asked a few additional questions. I asked Sesame Workshop why Random House stopped releasing Sesame Street videos in 1995, if they could supply me with a list of original u.s. release dates for all videos made between 1986 and 1993 (don't ask why), why the video release of The Street We Live On was edited, and how it is decided on which DVDs include bonus segments and how the number of skits are decided on (I also asked if they ever considered including bonus segments on DVD releases of past video releases, and I also pointed out that there are some DVDs, like A Celebration of Me, Grover! and The Street We Live On, that should have had bonus segments. I also pointed out that I own two of the three Sesame Street DVDs that include bonus skits).

Does anybody see anything wrong with what I wrote to them that would automatically get the e-mail sent back to me so soon?
I think the reason "The Street We Live On" was edited on Video might have been the same reason the 25th anniversary (being the season premiere release) was edited on it's video release, some kind of legal thing. This was even the reason some segments were replaced with others on that video.

Kerri

Reaction score
You're right, that would be incredibly cool to be able to see the classic SS shows on tv. And another avenue might be making them available in sets of DVD's. Personally, I know I would be buying the sets, no matter how many they came out with, of the first season(s). And I'm positive I wouldn't be the only one! I would think, since I was born in 68 and watched the show religiously at least until I was away in school in the morning? So that's a few years of shows at least that I would LOVE to see again, on tv and/or in DVD. How cool would it be to see all these beloved characters as they were, in their original glory?!? And hear the songs we remember as we remember them? And to be able to have my baby (and one on the way) grow up watching the same great show I did... not that the show's not great now, baby Gina loves it... but to get the bonus of seeing the classic shows too? I hope they realize that the old shows are just as beneficial to kids as they were back then... and they can supplement and enhance the new shows if they are shown as well!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kerri said:
You're right, that would be incredibly cool to be able to see the classic SS shows on tv. And another avenue might be making them available in sets of DVD's. Personally, I know I would be buying the sets, no matter how many they came out with, of the first season(s). And I'm positive I wouldn't be the only one! I would think, since I was born in 68 and watched the show religiously at least until I was away in school in the morning? So that's a few years of shows at least that I would LOVE to see again, on tv and/or in DVD. How cool would it be to see all these beloved characters as they were, in their original glory?!? And hear the songs we remember as we remember them? And to be able to have my baby (and one on the way) grow up watching the same great show I did... not that the show's not great now, baby Gina loves it... but to get the bonus of seeing the classic shows too? I hope they realize that the old shows are just as beneficial to kids as they were back then... and they can supplement and enhance the new shows if they are shown as well!!!
If you have seen the show since it began, are there many episode plots from the first two season that you remember well that were not shown on Noggin?

Kerri

Reaction score
Wish I could remember plots!

I wish I could remember any of the plots at all! I totally don't, just that I was entertained and learned my numbers and letters! I haven't seen Noggin at all, we watch Connecticut Public TV here, or "Sprout"? That's different, right? They seem to be showing only new episodes... they backtrack a little bit but they're pretty much all the new ones. They also seem to be tossing in the occasional older-skit but that's about it on the old stuff, sadly...:frown:

Grover

Reaction score
Correct SS email adress

Whenever I email Sesame Workshop at this email adress sesameworkshop@sesameworkshop.org . I get this message saying:

Did not reach the following recipient(s):

The message could not be delivered because you do not have create
permissions on this folder or it is only available to folder owners at this
time

Does anybody SS Workshhop's correct email address?