1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What Made You Roll Your Eyes Today Thread?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Netflix is making another live action anime adaption. :rolleyes:

Full Metal Alchemist.

I'm already waiting to sit back and hear complaints about the characters being "white washed" because I already know it's going to consist of Caucasian actors playing non-caucasian roles.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Like how Rooney Mara regrets playing a white-washed Tiger Lily in that PAN movie.

I mean . . . the filmmakers' logic was astounding: they couldn't bring in an actual Native American to play Tiger Lily because then they would get accused of racial stereotypes against Native Americans, so they figure to white-wash so it'd be less offensive . . . then turns out white-washing her was just as offensive.

4. LittleJerry92

It's a lose-lose either way with society.

Also, I jumped the gun. Turns out the movie is actually going to be from Japan with English subtitles. I wonder if Netflix is only doing that just because of all the flack they got on their live action adaption of "Death Note."

5. D'Snowth

Yup.

I remember when Bob Newhart came to my town years ago and he began his old Driving Instructor routine, a lady in the audience actually heckled him for making it a woman driver, because it was sexist. "Oh, okay. Well, it doesn't have to be a woman driver. It can be a Chinese driver," he said before making a bunch of stereotypical-sounding Chinese gibberish, "I can do that for eight minutes if you'd prefer." Guess it's better to be racist than sexist. ;) :p

Don't worry, he still the routine with the woman driver, and it was still just as funny.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  6. LittleJerry92

Aaaaaaaand another disc from my library scratched. :rolleyes:

This time, Fantasia.

7. Froggy Fool

I love Fantasia!! One of my favorite Disney films! :)

8. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

The fact that I can't shake this cough.

9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Still sick? Sorry to hear that.

10. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Not really, it's just that this cough is hanging on.

11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Lingering probably.

12. D'Snowth

So I'm on a Discord, but because most others on it are in other timezones, it's mostly active when I would be in bed for the night, and pretty dead when it's day for me, so . . . meh.

13. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

which discord

14. D'Snowth

A Chipmunk Discord.

It's affiliated with a forum I'm a member of, but the Discord has become more active than the forum is, so I've tried getting more involved with that Discord, but again, it's not easy when most everybody else is posting while you're asleep. :p

15. LittleJerry92

Aaaaaaaand the DVD for Fantasia was also scratched. :rolleyes:

That's pretty sad to be honest.

16. Froggy Fool

You should come on MC Discord sometime! We have very wacky discussions. To say the least. @gavry3 you can back me up on this.

17. D'Snowth

I'm on the MC Discord, but I find it gets a little too wacky and unstructured for me.

18. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

yeah it does, up top @Old Thunder

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kind of feel the same way, which is why I try to have more structured conversations over there, but my efforts usually don't go anywhere. I enjoy the wackiness sometimes, but it gets to be a bit much for me. No offense, @gavry3 and Die1000BooberThunder.

20. D'Snowth

Besides, the forum is always active with many different members on a daily basis, so I just kind of have no reason to be active on the MC Discord. Like I said, the only reason I've been trying to be more active on the Chipmunk Discord is because it's become far more active than the forum it's affiliated with.