What Muppets scared you as a child?

muppetmaniac

Reaction score
what scares me

ALRIGHT, when i was a kid i used to have nightmares about the electric mayhem and that dr teeth :big_grin: tickled me with a feather to death.i was scared of that one monster that could take off his face, he sang a song and took off his eyes and nose and mouth and whatever, scared the crap out of me. BUT WORST OF ALL i was soooooooooo freakin scared of guy smiley, i had nightmares about him all the time. i would wake up and go back to sleep and have another nightmare. it sucked. he still creeps me out to this day. :embarrassed:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
for it waz Animal :halo: when he had his giant head pop out of the lab (or house?) on the Muppet Movie! :embarrassed: :eek:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Ace_Yu said:
When the white lion on JHH talked for the first time...holy crap...I thought I'd never sleep again. He had that real deep voice. I was about seven at the time. Now when I watch the episode on tape and that part comes up, I stop whatever I'm doing and stare like a zombie. It wasn't the actual Storyteller show that he was featured in that scared me, it was before the Muppet portion of JHH started and Jim asks him if he's ever going to talk on the show and he goes "I doubt it." Then after the Storyteller segment, Jim asks why he never talks and he goes "I have nothing further to say." Ugh...creepy. I loved that lion too. I always wanted it as a pet...as long as it doesn't talk in that scary manner...
AHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek: Oh gosh you brough back an old memorie that i wanted to 4 get! AHHHHHHHHHHHH i waz soo scard of him, i really did run and hid under mom & dads bed! :eek: :embarrassed:

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Two muppets:

The original Sammy the Snake---the green and purple striped one who sang about the letter S on Sesame Street. There was something so evil looking about him, with his tongue hanging out and those half-lidded eyes. It freaked me out watching him hiss and see a stream of "S's" floating out of his mouth. Eeeegh.....

Beautiful Day Monster. Darn. He was front and center in all my nightmares.

Both those Muppets made me eventually run out of the room with my hands over my ears each time they came on the television.

EvanHooperfan

Reaction score
Scary Sesame Street Muppets

As a kid I had nightmares of that green muppet who wore a trench coat and black hat and tried to sell Ernie letters on the Street. His name I think was Lefty, and he had an aspirated voice. He'd say, "psst Ernie, would you like to buy an 'O'.

Probably not as scary as some of the early day monsters. However, I remember to this day as a five year old having many nightmares that the guy was hidiing under my bed and was going to bite my face off with his pointed green head and sneeky manner.

Brian Damage

Reaction score
What was that weird face that was made up of mainly white/coloured lines? I dunno if it was on Sesame Street, or what, but that thing always used to give me the shivers and shakes.

Only monster/puppet things on TV that actually ever made me try to hide from them, though, were the various Dr. Who creatures...

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
As a child, the Muppet that scared me most was Sweetums. HBO used to show 'The Frog Prince' special a lot and I used to get so scared when he started to try and club Robin and Kermit to death... -shiver-

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
behemoth said:
One thing that comes to mind is spaceship surprise. I don't even remember what it was about but I do remember that it was scary.
holy.....i was SO scared of that. "captain" "YUSSSS!!!!". i think it was how the captain was all hyper and loud

duderguy

Reaction score
For me it was Don Music all the way! And when i say i was scared i dont just mean only when i saw him on TV.... i mean i was afraid of him ALL THE TIME!!! I rememebr lying in my crib at night with the lights turned out and being afriad he was going to climb into my window and attack me in my sleep. id pull those covers over my head SOOOO tight. Just thinking about that crazy hair and voice gives me the willys. i thought he was the scariest thing ever. i called him "GOO GOO" and everytime he came up on that screen my stomach dropped and my face turned pale cold. it was serious buisness
:frown: