What sketches scared you as a kid?

JoyElectric

Reaction score
It's not the same, but I think my parents were terrified that I'd have a concussion anythime I was near a piano thanks to Don Music's bashing his head on the piano.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

My friend didn't like Twin Beaks as well. I kinda agree, but at the time, it was one of the few refferences I actually got! I mean, they had two beaks, and it looked like they had two parts of a face smushed together, and they only had one eye per beak.... maaaaaaaaaaaan!
How old is that sketch anyway? I've read the transcript for that at the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive, but don't remember seeing it. I figure that's either an older one or a newer one. Probably older because Cookie Monster kept using the word "darn" and they don't say that too much on SS anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... Darn was pretty good for the choice, as apposed to the alternative.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's true, but that still doesn't answer my question. Yes. I'm impatient I know, but ME WANT COOKIE!!!! Actually, I should cut down on the sweets. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The answer is coming to me... coming.. coming...

It seems that this sketch was done late 80's (88) - early 90's

Not so much help, but that's all I remember. I am guessing it was before 1990!

It was definately before 1991, when Darkwing Duck did a take off of Twin Beaks.

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, speaking of "Twin Beaks", the script is on the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive and is played on the 1991 episode of Sesame Street in the Museum of Television & Radio.

mikealan

Reaction score
Now, here are my extra SS moments I saw as a baby scared me the most:

1) A cartoon magician transforms birds into fish, and at the end, the hand is going to get me, and the magician began to shrink and make the sketch all white!

2) A surreal skit with the umbrella. We see the umbrella when it begins to rain. Then, the rest I don't recall, but I think it transformed into a stop sign as an angry voice says "STOP!"

3) Toys/Robots scene- it was a live-action film with robots and toys. I remembered the scary-lookin' robots making the name "SESAME STREET" in blocks, and it made me think of the Sesame Street characters! I think the sounds of the background music were so scary. I think the moving toys from the beginning were scary.

4) A live-action film where ice cubes make the word "ICE", and at the end, they began melting as ice!

5) A cartoon tune with a scary-lookin' bowling ball knocking two out of ten bowling pins, and it makes eight

6) A cartoon spider struggling to make the web. I think the spider at the end saying "I did it!" shrieked me.

7) A cartoon where colored "STOP" signs flash all around the screen as an angry voice yells "STOP!" Then the stop signs began to move slowly until a white STOP sign appears and a voice says, "Stop."

I think I never watched a skit where a hand who has done a sort of things in a plain blue background. John Perkovic explains that it was the scariest skit he ever saw, which his memories of it are on the Sesame Street Lyric Archive.

Speaking of the bare-faced AM's that scare me from the first episode, let me discuss them. The purple girl looks a little like Betty Lou (Frank Oz), a green-triangle headed boy (Frank Oz, Bob McGrath), a purple round headed woman (Lorreta Long), an orange oval-headed man (Jim Henson) and a Fat Blue-like man (Carroll Spinney).

Do you remember these eerie skits?

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, actually,...I did see There Once Was A Hand skit for the first time on Unpaved #162. It did not scare, because it played early organ music of the '70's, and was a live spot. One of the scariest skits I saw on 123 Sesame Street was the animated L sketch: L-Loud. A strange-lookin' small man says, "L, loud!" Then a man makes a loud sound of the horn, but the small man says, "That's too loud!" Then the man makes the LOUDEST and SCARIEST honk, and it just scared my inside a little. Afterwards, the small man says, "L!"

There Once Was A Hand skit did not scare me, but did it scare you, guys?

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Hey!

BeckyDR said:
Hey "little jerry", I know we all have our own opinions, so I will not badger you with questions about why that scene scared you so much, but...I LOVED IT! Ha ha ha :smile: it was one of my all-time favorite sketches and I am really disappointed that it is never on anymore. In fact, sometimes I would get that song in my head while on the bus to school (this was when I was in, like, 1st grade) and when I got to the end I would yell 40 so loud that the bus driver would almost have a heart attack hee hee hee :smile:

Also, to all those who were scared by the lowercase N skit, I was also scared by N skits but for a different reason, which I don't want to publish here, but if you (those who were scared by N skits) email me I will tell you everything. I'm waiting! :smile:)))))))))))

Becky
I can sympathize with Little Jerry, that skit scared the bej***s out of me. It almost sounded as though the guy who sang "40 Dots" had a nervous breakdown (or faked like he was) when he got to the 39th dot.

SillyJoeBob