What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just got "So Dear to My Heart" off ebay, which is a movie you can only get through the Disney Movie Club. It just came in the mail today, which I'm totally happy about.

Plus I traded in some old CDs to buy Hocus Pocus, I always enjoyed this movie.

I got the final season of "Freakazoid!" Just loved the show ever since seeing it for the first time on Cartoon Network.

I too have been buying the Walt Disney Collection Tins. These are the ones i have:
The Complete Pluto Volume 1
The Complete Pluto Volume 2
Mickey Mouse in Black and White Volume 1
Mickey Mouse in Black and White Volume 2
The Chronological Donald Duck Volume 1
The Chronological Donald Duck Volume 2
The Chronological Donald Duck Volume 3
The Adventures of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

I keep forgetting to look for Volume 4 of Donald Duck. I've been meaning to look and just keep forgetting too.
Yeah I love Walt Disney Treasures collector tins, :excited:.

I would love to have Donald Duck Volume 4, as well as one, since I don't have that one yet either.

Right now the only one I can find is Mickey Mouse Club presents Annette, which I wouldn't mind having, but it's not one I want to buy right away, :smirk:, I want Donald more, :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I just got "So Dear to My Heart" off ebay, which is a movie you can only get through the Disney Movie Club. It just came in the mail today, which I'm totally happy about.

Plus I traded in some old CDs to buy Hocus Pocus, I always enjoyed this movie.

Yeah I love Walt Disney Treasures collector tins, :excited:.

I would love to have Donald Duck Volume 4, as well as one, since I don't have that one yet either.

Right now the only one I can find is Mickey Mouse Club presents Annette, which I wouldn't mind having, but it's not one I want to buy right away, :smirk:, I want Donald more, :wink:
I love "So Dear To My Heart." That's a great Disney movie. The first time i saw it i fell in love with it. Cute movie. I agree with you on wanting the Donald one more then the Mickey Mouse Club. Now if they were to come out with the 90's version of Mickey Mouse Club i would buy it right away.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I love "So Dear To My Heart." That's a great Disney movie. The first time i saw it i fell in love with it. Cute movie. I agree with you on wanting the Donald one more then the Mickey Mouse Club. Now if they were to come out with the 90's version of Mickey Mouse Club i would buy it right away.
Yeah when I saw it on ebay, I figure it's easier to get then buying though that movie club thing, only lame thing is that when buying DVDs off ebay can be risky, since you don't always know what you're getting, but thankfully I got the actual DVD, not some cheap bootleg, I figure I should of since it said it was a new sealed DVD, :smile:. As for the 90's Mickey Mouse Club, didn't they release a DVD that was like the best of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake?

Anyhow, today since I got some late b-day money, :excited:, I found some good used DVDs at Suncoast. At first I only found Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks, then the woman that was working there told me there is a sale going on with buy one used DVD get another used half off. So I figure I'd look around and see if there was something else I wanted and for awhile I couldn't find anything til I found Looney Tunes: Golden Collection volume 4 for only 28 dollars, what a deal, :super:.

So all in all, I got Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Looney Tunes: Golden Collection volume 4.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just bought the DVD of Newsies, the 1992 Disney movie musical about newsboys who went on strike at the turn of the century...Heh, I mean the other turn of the century. :wink:

I haven't seen it in years but it was one of my favorite movies back in the day. I can't believe how young Christian Bale looks (though I was always partial to the kid who was Doogie Howser's friend, hehe)!

Apparently it was my lucky day at the store, because I also found the original soundtrack. I was really surprised to find out the first song of the film "Carrying the Banner" includes a line that was cut from the film. Though I'm not really surprised it was cut; not exactly appropriate for children, hehe:

Jake: It takes a smile as sweet as butter.

Crutchy: The kind the ladies can't resist.

Race: It takes an orphan, with a stutter.

Jake: Who ain't afraid to use his...

Kid Blink:...Fist!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
A couple days ago I bought Disney's Return to Oz, just cause I've never seen and I kind of want to.

But today I was rully happy,:flirt:, I stop by a local record store just because and they had Walt Disney Treasures the Chronological Donald: Volume 4 (1951-1961), I couldn't believe it and just had to get it. The woman at the front desk, whom was very very good looking, told me I was lucky that I bought it, cause she was going to buy it thursday, :big_grin:. I told her, oh I'm sorry, but not sorry enough to not buy it, :smile:. Totally made my day

vaati64

Reaction score
A couple days ago I bought Disney's Return to Oz, just cause I've never seen and I kind of want to.

But today I was rully happy,:flirt:, I stop by a local record store just because and they had Walt Disney Treasures the Chronological Donald: Volume 4 (1951-1961), I couldn't believe it and just had to get it. The woman at the front desk, whom was very very good looking, told me I was lucky that I bought it, cause she was going to buy it thursday, :big_grin:. I told her, oh I'm sorry, but not sorry enough to not buy it, :smile:. Totally made my day

I literally just got back from my local bestbuy and buying donald volume 4. My pluto set came in the mail today and I have been having a pluto marathon! lol I also just ordered donald volumes 1 and 2 from amazon. I can't seem to find volume 3 anywhere, which really bites cause then that would complete my collection of Donald sets. The cheapest I have found it is like 90.00! I love the walt disney treasures line though. Right now, I think I have about 12 sets, 9 of which have the tins.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Twilight 3-disc Target Deluxe Edition. Momma wanted it, so we bought it so I could have my own digital copy for my iPhone 3G.

I'm currently waiting for it to upload to my phone as I type. I hope it's good! For some reason or another I wasn't particularly able to get into the books properly.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I literally just got back from my local bestbuy and buying donald volume 4. My pluto set came in the mail today and I have been having a pluto marathon! lol I also just ordered donald volumes 1 and 2 from amazon. I can't seem to find volume 3 anywhere, which really bites cause then that would complete my collection of Donald sets. The cheapest I have found it is like 90.00! I love the walt disney treasures line though. Right now, I think I have about 12 sets, 9 of which have the tins.
Yeah, the Disney Treasures sets are amazing. I have:
Mickey Mouse in Living Color (both volumes)
Mickey Mouse in Black and White (only vol. 2) :frown:
The Chronological Donald (all 4 volumes!)
The Complete Pluto (both)
Silly Symphonies (only vol 2 as well)
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
On the Front Lines
Disney Rarities

In more current DVD news, I'm buying used copies of Muppets from Space and The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland (the only Henson movies besides Labyrinth I don't have DVDs of) off eBay a little later today.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Whoa that's someodd we got those dvds are the same day, :smile:. I personally won't buy the DVD unless they have the tin and the COA.

From what I understand though, volume three is the hardest to find for the Donald sets, so good luck finding it. Thankfully I have my copy.

Kiki

Reaction score
Bought a Joni Mitchell 2-DVD set. Originally, I was just buying it for myself (I'm a fan :big_grin:) but then I just realised mothe'rs day is coming up so I may just give it tp my Mum, who's also a bit of a Joni fan. Yay!