1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Sep 10, 2006.

1. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

I just bought the latest Harry Potter on blu-ray... Why? Because my wife is obsessed with HP. ;)
  2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I just bought (and, last night) watched my first Bollywood film, Enthiran. It is just amazing. Kind of like someone took the basic concepts behind Isaac Asimov's I, Robot, gave it a huge CGI budget, and threw in some insane song-and-dance numbers. It's a long finm, but I consider it three hours well spent.
  3. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Tron: The Original Classic - Because curiosity killed my cat.

Tron: Legacy - Because I like the first one.

Bedknobs & Broomsticks: Enchanted Special Edition - Because I saw half of it on TCM once, then the cable cut out.

MST3K: Volume XX - For the same reason I bout the others.

Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers - I saw it on TV and liked it enough to warrant the purchase.
  4. Christianme

Christianme New Member

The Tourist. I collect movies with Angelina. :)
  5. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

DIsney's Tron: Legacey Blu-Ray/DVD combo-Haven't seen it yet actually, but it was on sale with...

Disney's Tron: Original classic on Blu-Ray/DVD combo- A classic, I really should upgrade to Blu-Ray soon.

Disney/Pixar's The Incredibles: Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital copy combo-Again, I really should upgrade to blu-ray soon, :) . But I mainly bought it because I had a coupon and the digital copy. And of course because it was an awesome movie.

Cars: Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack Did I mention I need to upgrade to Blu-Ray sometime soon, :) . But in this case again, I did have a coupon and it come with two little toy cars of Mater and Lighting, I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a free item with the DVD purchase.

Spirt of Wonder-This one wasn't bought by me, a co-worker gave it to me, thought I would probably like it more than him (it was a gift to him). It's an anime and though I haven't seen it yet, it looks really good. Looking forward to seeing it.

Sid and Marty Kroft's H.R. Pufnstuf: The Complete series-I'd be lying if I said I've seen a lot of H.R. Pufnstuf in my day, but I've interested in it, so when I saw Target had the whole series DVD set, I figured why not. Sort of as a birthday gift to myself.
  6. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Toy Story 3: cause it's a great movie. dur :)
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

The newest DVD's i have bough in the last couple of month are;

Gojira/Godzilla: The Ultra Collection DVD Set (has the first movie and several others from the 60's and 70's. But not all of them. I started getting back into Godzilla because lots of reviews of the movies.)

Godzilla Vs. King Gahdora/Godzilla Vs. Mothera (90's)

Godzilla Vs. Gigan (70's)

Dennis the Menece: Season 1 (1960s) Used to watch on Nick at Nite back in the late 80's early 90's. Loved it growing up.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

They haven't come yet, but the last things I've ordered are

The Muppet Movie/The Great Muppet Caper: How can you know own these? Plus, GMC is my favorite Muppet movie.

Dog City: I'm a sucker for bad puns and the large number of them in this make it one of my favorite Henson productions.

Old School Volume 2: I chose this over volume 1 because it has a lot more entertaining bits in it (including my favorite "ABC Disco")

Young Frankenstein: I just love Mel Brooks

Grover Plants a Tree: I haven't seen much of the new Shalom Sesame, but I do enjoy when the Muppets do something environmental.
  9. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Ernest Essential collection DVD- a really cheap collection of "Ernest Goes to Camp", "Ernest Scared Stupid" and "Ernest Goes to Jail". It was 5 bucks at Wal-Mart, so I figured might as well... Besides, I've already got "Ernest Saves Christmas" on DVD, so those 4 probably cover some of the classic, essential Ernest movies. (Though I have seen "Ernest Rides Again", "Ernest Goes to School", "Ernest Goes to Africa", "Slam Dunk Ernest" and "Ernest in the Army" as well and those are all fun movies too.)
    gonzosgirl1987 likes this.
  10. I bought The Nightmare Before Christmas at Target today, simply because I haven't actually seen the whole movie since grade school. I remember some scenes scared me. :p Watching a review of it online got me wanting to see it again.
  11. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" - because it's totally awesome! I LOVE the C.S. Lewis series of books- "The Chronicles of Narnia" is such a great series- I read them as a kid and recently reread them- they are great stories that also convey such great truth. As a Christian, I can easily see so many Biblical parallels in these books. And the movies have done a great job of portraying that- particularly in explaining the passion of Jesus Christ- how He died on the cross for the sins of the world and rose again- which I just recently celebrated at Easter!:)
    So I definitely wanted to get the movie on DVD- and it was pretty cool that I had a gift certificate from Christmas that I hadn't used yet that let me get it for free.:D
    I hope to see the rest of the books get made into movies soon! "The Magician's Nephew" is supposed to be next up for Walden Media.:super:
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

SpongeBob - The Complete Third Season: Because - A. I love SpongeBob, B. It's the last good season before the movie and C. it's the last good season I need

Mr. Warmth - The Don Rickles Project: Because I love Don Rickles!
  13. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I have way too many DVD's on pre-order on Amazon...

The Illusionist - the French animated movie that was up for Best Animated Feature this past year at the Oscars. I got to see it in theaters the weekend after Oscar nominees were announced and I loved it. Absolutely brilliant, beautiful hand-drawn animation, really see it.

Rocko's Modern Life: Season 1 - I've been waiting years for a release like this. It better be good.

The Best of Sesame Spoofs - Obvious reasons. :wisdom:
  14. DOAWKfan143

DOAWKfan143 New Member

Hairspray:It's a cool movie!
  15. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Pretty Woman (1990): Pretty woman, walking down the street...

White Christmas (1954): I just bought it randomly, though I would like to see it this Christmas! :)

Also, they're both on video. XPPP
  16. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

toy story 3:best movie animated movie of 2010
  17. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Follow That Bird - I love the movie, it's a real classic, so when I found it at Target, I bought it!
  18. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

19. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

Just bought these on Blu-ray:

Let the Right One In (the Swedish vampire flick)
    Jackie Brown
    Pan's Labyrinth
  20. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

The PJs: Season 1- This was an "early" father's day gift for my father. He loves that show, personally, I never cared for it very much.

South Park: Season 14- Now a show that I do enjoy, very much, I have all 14 seasons on DVD that have been released so far. Sadly the episode "201" is still very edited. As a side note, when viewing this DVD set, I noticed in the episode "Cream Fraiche" that when the boys go into a music room there is a poster of Animal (though blue instead of red) in the background with the text of "Go Wild." :halo: