1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Would You Like to See on SST?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Importing kidvid characters into a show for older audiences can work if it's done right; but importing PG-rated characters into a show for preschoolers is much harder to do. (When a gritty cop-show celebrity appears on Sesame Street, he doesn't talk about solving murder cases; some of the Muppet Show cast would have to be similarly toned down if they crossed over.)
  2. muppetmonster

muppetmonster New Member

I know the muppets from "the Muppet Show" might have to get toned down a lot, but it would be still very interesting to see. It can give the "Sesame Street" muppets a chance to get to know Kermit the Frog's friends. My other idea, though, about someone trying to eat Kermit the Frog on "Sesame Street", there are even villains on Sesame Street, and so, Kermit the Frog's friends have to save him, is also cool. It cannot hurt to try something new, right? That is, if it is within reason.

Muppetmonster
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

There are no true villians on the Street.
  4. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Cookie Monster has tried to eat Kermit, Guy Smiley, and a few other Muppets way back in the early years; he's even tried to eat a Muppetized letter O this season. :insatiable: So having someone like Animal run loose on the Street, with Kermit desperately trying to keep one hop ahead on his latest visit...that could work if Kermit never gets caught, and if Animal's hunger isn't portrayed too graphically.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, aside from Cookie, no one has tried to eat other Muppet characters.
  6. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Well, I just got something I wanted to see. A clip of Lulu on recent (season 38,episode 4146) SS episode.
    Also, have Elmo and Kermit ever been in the same scene together? I saw a them both in a singing scene with Ernie and have barely ever, Maybe never seen them together before.
  7. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Yes they have, back in the mid-to-late 1980s. Here are some examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhv1h3V8Nz4
    Kermit and Elmo talk about happy and sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMDhnCTst-k
    Kermit and Elmo talk about loud and quiet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjJ3kG93pk
    Sesame Street News segment where Kermit tries to interview Elmo about ideas for games.

Y'see, THIS is the Elmo I like. The one I grew up with in the early 1990s, and not the megapopular mid-1990s -present version of Elmo.
  8. Bert&ErnieRule

Bert&ErnieRule New Member

I'd like to see LeAnn Rimes on SST because she loves children, is involved in children's charaties and has the voice of an angel.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I just though of something I'd like to see: Since Mr. Johnson has had to delt with many of Grover's alter ego's, why not Super Grover? I'm sure it would be hilarious.
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And Mr. Johnson could be Lex Luthor-esque. XD
  11. muppetmonster

muppetmonster New Member

There are not any so far, but Doc Hopper could try to kidnap Kermit the Frog again. However, even though, Kermit is on Sesame Street, that does not stop Doc Hopper from trying to eat him. Who knows, it might make both "Sesame Street" and "the Muppet Show", get a bigger audience again.

I know the muppets from "the Muppet Show" have to be toned down a lot, but many interesting things could happen if they visited Sesame Street. Who knows, the people and muppets from Sesame Street could learn a lot from the muppets from "the Muppet Show." For example, people could learn how to cook (a la the Swedish Chef), learn good jokes (a la Fozzie Bear), learn the importance of avoiding dynamite (a la Crazy Harry), learn politics (a la Sam the Eagle), learn how to work with fish (a la Lew Zealand), learn how to play music (a la the Electric Mayhem Band, Marvin Suggs, etc.), etc. they could learn a lot.

It is possible, and it might be a very good idea, but it definitely needs some work.

Muppetmonster
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Good jokes? That's a hot one! XD
    As much as I do like Sam, he's too opinionated and the Street doesn't need people--or Muppets--telling people what to do in terms of politics (and how to basically run the world). The real world does that enough!
  13. The Shoe Fairy

14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Elmo in a bus? LOL.
  15. muppetmonster

muppetmonster New Member

Well, I still stand by my idea. I know Sesame Street may not need politics, but it would not kill the creators of the show to do a cross-over with "the Muppet Show." As I said, many interesting things could happen. I know the muppets from both shows act very different, but the truth is, if it was not for the people on Sesame Street, and that essential need for education, the muppets from "the Muppet Show" would probably not need to be toned down. It can work.

Muppetmonster
  16. The Shoe Fairy

Another thing I've been wanting to see I just saw. Our broadcaster (ABC) Didn't Cut out an Abby Clip from the show. They cut her out all the time; which saddens me because I like her.
  17. The Shoe Fairy

To save time, just like they cut out EW. It only goes for 30 min here; and half of that is street story
    Eg word on the street
    Street story
    Sketch
    Letter of the day
    letter of the day
    sketch/song
    number of the day
    number of the day
    sketch
    Sponsors
    Thats what season 38 is like here. It pulls kids without EW
  18. muppetmonster

muppetmonster New Member

O-k, let me put it this way, both "Sesame Street" and "the Muppet Show" appeal to children and adults alike, but teach the audience different things. "Sesame Street" teaches us to use our imagination through education. "The Muppet Show" teaches us to use our determination through education. I admit, things would probably go berserk if the muppets from "the Muppet Show" came to Sesame Street, but even though the adults would complain about various things they do, such as shooting themselves out of cannons, exploiting nudity, blowing up things with dynamite, eating living things, playing music while hitting real life objects, using fish boomerangs to hit others, etc. They, as well as the children, would be intrigued by them, at the same time, and come to learn that the muppets from "TMS" could teach them many things, such as how dynamite is dangerous, how to cook, how to play all sorts of music, how to tell jokes, the importance of fish, how to appreciate cannons, etc. I will also admit the muppets from "TMS" are crazier than their "SS" counterparts, but this could be a good thing in some aspects, and there could be interesting interactions between the "SS" and "MS" characters.

I will be fair. This is probably not be a good idea considering "TMS" is much more sophisticated than "SS" is, having more material oriented for children, but "SS" has had its own adult material that are not even suited for children. Another idea I have is the following.

Kermit the Frog leaves Sesame Street, reading a note that someone has took over the Muppet Theater and threatened his friends, and while being diplomatic to his friends on Sesame Street, he decides not tell him. Thinking it is strange Kermit the Frog leaves without telling his friends, the Sesame Street gang decide to go save him. Various things happen when the "SS" gang interact with their "MS" pals at the Muppet Theater. However, after the "SS" characters do not return, the adults and children plan to save him, not knowing what could happen. Does anyone remember, "Follow that Bird"? After everything is at peace again, the adults and children from SS decide to befriend the gang from "TMS" and allow them to come and check out Sesame Street, so whoever would be sane enough to visit Sesame Street does. The muppets I have mind are Fozzie Bear, Scooter, and muppets like them.

This might make things too complicated, but maybe they can throw a little "Fraggle Rock" into the mix, but I like the idea as it already is. If they did that, I would probably need to show, they should throw in all of the other muppets from all sorts of television shows and movies, but that would probably be overcrowding.

Does anyone have any more thoughts about this idea?

Muppetmonster
  19. muppetmonster

muppetmonster New Member

Well, if it is not a good idea that the muppets from "the Muppet Show" come onto Sesame Street, then the muppets from "Sesame Street" should definitely visit the Muppet Theater. There are many interesting things that could happen. It does not need to be a special or anything, but I still like the idea with Kermit the Frog. It could at least involve "Sesame Street" in some way or another without having to make the muppets from "the Muppet Show" come to Sesame Street. Does anyone agree?

Muppetmonster
  20. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

40th birthday-a Stret that we live on like special would be nice, but I don't think they're planing to do a TV special this time.