1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What Would You Like to See on SST?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I'd like them to do a new tv mini movie like Put Down That Duckie was for our generation and to highlight all of the older human characters to...I think what SS is really missing now is that big happy human and muppet family togetherness it use to have, and one big show could get it back on track IMHO :)
  2. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

Season 39-hope the ABC will air it in either February or March.

At least there's a new letter segment type-"construction" that this season introduced. Should do more letters in that style.
    Some new number animations would be nice as well.
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Hopefully during when school's off. Then I can see the ones im desperate for.
  4. fishbone

fishbone Member

roosevlt franklin
  5. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I'd like to see them do a remake of "Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street." It could make a neat street story! Here are the differences they would do from the book version:

*Instead of passing some kids skating and sledding, some kids and Anything Muppets getting ready to skate and sled will pass by and invite Big Bird to come along, but Big Bird will refuse.
    *They could also do Big Bird thinking of getting sunglasses or a kite like in the video version.
    *I don't know where Big Bird would buy the bouquet now that Mr. Macintosh's store isn't seen anymore these days.
    *Instead of stopping at the Count's castle, the Count will come up to Big Bird and begin counting the flowers, and then Big Bird will offer the daisy to the Count. The bats will not be present.
    *Maria will still be referred to as Maria, and not "Dolores" like in the video version.
    *The order of flowers Big Bird gives away will be the same as the book version: Daisy, tiger lily, pansy, iris, daffodil and rose. On the video version, the iris was the last one.
    *Ernie will actually speak, and he'll say that Zoe is sick in bed with the flu (or should it be Prairie Dawn?)
    *After the story ends, "I don't have to wait for spring at all!" Big Bird will say, and then the skits will begin.

*The "Letter of the Day" and "Number of the Day" skits could involve one of the characters with their flowers announcing it (the Count announcing the Number of the Day, 6, as he continues counting the petals).

*For the final part when the sponsors are announced, it could show Big Bird sleeping in his nest as Grover and Bert set up some new flowers for Big Bird, like at the end of the original book version.

Whaddaya think of this?
  6. Wiseman

Wiseman Member

international cast visiting

What I would like is a special where the cast of international SS shows come to visit the American SS. It's fun that Rosita from Mexico's SS is here permanently, but maybe they could do a few specials where Big Bird and Oscar meet all their cousins, and all the other SS muppets meet their international counterparts.
  7. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

What I would like to see is that if they will re-run the original version of I Don't Want to Live on the Moon instead of the Aaron Neville version for a change.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Rosita NEVER was a character from Mexico's co-production. She was a character made specifically by the US series as a bilingual character. Perhaps you're referring to her performer, who was a performer on the Mexican series until they brought her over for the character of Rosita. I'd love to see that as well, myself. There are just so many great characters we never get to see on the American series that could have a brief cameo as someone's pen pal, like the episode where Abelardo Montoya pays Big Bird a visit.

I'd want to see them get rid of that Aaron Neville version completely. He sounds like a sheep, man!
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I always felt that Boyz II Men the singing group could pull off that song perfectly. :p
  10. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

If I had it my way I would have love for Abby Cadabby to meet Pairie Dawn, that is a meeting waiting to happen and an argument waiting to be caused. :grouchy:

I wish for Abby to meet Bob and have her learn about the music in the neighborhood.
  11. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Amen, I mean while it was a bit too much, I grew up during the Around the Corner phase of the show and it was an enlighting experiience.

Still I would love of Alice to return, especially since Baby Bear has a sister of his very own.

I mean they could re-do the whole "Brothers and Sisters day" episode of the show, and even have Slimely and his sister Sloppy involved as well.
  12. Bert&ErnieRule

Bert&ErnieRule New Member

Bert & Ernie back in their apartment, as they should be. With Steve Whitmire & Frank Oz at the controls. :cool:

Carrie Underwood singing with a Muppet. I don't care if it's Big Bird, Zoe, Bert, Ernie,Abby or Elmo - the lady can sing any style of music.

Elmo's World - can ya call Mr. Noodle's brother Mr. Noodles? This way you can tell them apart.

More Cookie and Grover, and a little less Elmo.
  13. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I'd like Ivy Austin to sing at least one new song.
  14. Drtooth

I'd tend to agree... but as much as I love Frank Oz, and how much I admire him and love his muppet work... I really think Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire have a much better chemistry.

And I would love to see new non-clay segments... but I want to see GOOD ones. The last bunch have been fun and entertaining enough, but they don't have that old school feel. Sometimes they feel very off center, and sometimes non-sequitor (a counting frog in breakfast oatmeal? Funny, but makes no sense). Even if they just reenact a classic segment.
  15. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

It sounds like there's been a lack of Ernie in new material lately.
  16. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Ernie and Bert have just been lacking, imo, in recent seasons period, not counting Great Adventures.

I really would love to see Ernie outside of SS though, making appearances. I don't know if Steve's schedule is that busy or whatever, but if not it shouldn't really be a problem since Eric is also available to perform Grover sometimes, so why not have Bert and Ernie make an appearance together. I was kind of upset they haven't really been appearing in any public events for the 40th aniversary.

It seems like they're so underrated these days.
  17. Drtooth

Makes me wonder about how busy Steve and Eric are with Disney. There has been a LOT of press for the TMS characters lately, and I wonder if any of that was why there haven't been all that many appearances by their respective characters this season. Seems even David Rudman's characters haven't been in every episode (he's the new Scooter and Janice, you know). Seems like there is a rise in TMS activity and a decline in appearance of any puppeteer that works on both of them.
  18. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Even though it's outisde of SS, I would like to see Kermit interacting with Zoe on a puppetry event or a Muppet Music & Magic event.
  19. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

What I would like to see is Ernie interacting with girls often besides Prairie.
  20. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I'd like to see endings similar to the way they were before the format change: I miss the years when a character involved in the street story brought up the Things of the Day, or a cast member announced them in voice-over as the others went about their business. Working them into a clever visual gag (like Bert's birthday presents about 4-5 years ago) is even better....Following exactly the same format each time (Trash Gordon on another oddly themed planet, Abby Cadabby's memory problem, more of the same with Murray this season) gets boringly predictable, even for kids that age!