What Would You Like to See on SST?

JimJudy

Reaction score
Yeah, they could do the Swedish Chef making real food, that would be a good idea. But what about Roosevelt Franklin. Does anybody else really wanna see him like me?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think the idea that sickened Redsonga wasn't being vegetarian, but imagining the Swedish Chef as a monster who'll eat everything in sight. (Did I interpret your answer correctly, Red?)
Yes :smile: It would drive me to be a vegetarian:embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But what about Roosevelt Franklin. Does anybody else really wanna see him like me?
I could see a slightly altered Roosevelt Franklin working. He wouldn't be too thick on the hip talk... something similar to Kingston Livingston (whom I'll just come out and say he's the reincarnation of Roosevelt... or close to it). But I could see it working. But not as a major main character. Similar to one of the old characters they revisit every so often... Wolfgang, Mumford, Gladys, Barkley (or they tried to do it with Barkley)... you get the picture.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, they could do the Swedish Chef making real food, that would be a good idea. But what about Roosevelt Franklin. Does anybody else really wanna see him like me?
Perhaps he and Kingston could become another Bert and Ernie of sorts?

wiley207

Reaction score
I think they should really do a new segment about crosswalk signals. They already have quite a bit of skits and a song about the older-style crosswalk signals with the "WALK/DON'T WALK" lettering, and many of those are disappearing around the country. I think my city has only five intersections/crosswalks left with those signals, all the others were upgraded to the ones without words. They should do a new segment about those wordless crosswalk signals, about the hand and the walking-person symbols. Maybe even mention how some of them have countdown timers! (All of the ones in Washington D.C. have the timers on them)

Drtooth

Reaction score
We need to take more muppets out on the street, have them talking to real people, and having them visit different actual places, like Murray has a Little Lamb does. The realism of those kind of segments, and taking them out of a sound stage studio is just AMAZING! Man, I wish Henson would do that as well with the Puppet Up characters.

ISNorden

Reaction score
They should do a new segment about those wordless crosswalk signals, about the hand and the walking-person symbols. Maybe even mention how some of them have countdown timers! (All of the ones in Washington D.C. have the timers on them)
Kids today could definitely use updated street-crossing material; I haven't seen a crosswalk signal with words since I was in grade school. :embarrassed: The countdown timers would be good to mention in a film about listening, or one about how people with disabilities cross a street. (I've heard the timers click-click-click away here in Madison; Sesame Street's produced in New York though, so I don't know the way their signals handle timing.)

ISNorden

Reaction score
I have. A lot of the big cities still have them.
You've got a point; I bet some still exist in New York, too. Maybe the reason Sesame Workshop hasn't shown new material about those signals, is that they think teaching about both kinds might confuse the kids.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But yet, kids are not as ignorant or whatever as people may perceive them to be.