"What you think about Disney" Thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What do you think about Kermit and Disney? :smile:
It looks like something Japanese if I'm not mistaken.

plus, a lot of the stuff we've been getting from over seas(or the north) lately has been... blehhhh. Like Ireland's Skunk Fu (which as we all know was NOT made to cash in on the success of Kung Fu Panda :rolleyes: ).
I could be worse. It could be Ratatoing. :stick_out_tongue:

Kiki

Reaction score
What do you think about Kermit and Disney? :smile:
[Cue Psycho music]

Good grief! :eek: Gaa... wh-wh-what /are/ they...?
Although I gotta admit, if I saw one in a shop I'd prolly get it, simply because I'm an avid Muppet collector. And fer novelty value, 'coarse.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The KerMickeys are Disney's attempt at urban vinyl through their in park Vinylmation series. Each Mickey sculpt is blind-boxed and painted one of several ways for each wave. Kermit made wave one. It isn't the best job, but he is the best of the series and I got to pick one up (non-blind-boxed) at the Wondercon last weekend. I give the figure a solid B.

Basically, these toys represent those already out by other companies. They take one particular pudgy shaped figure (like the Munny, Monskey or Mighty Mug) and paint each one with a distinct character or design like these Mighty Mugs have done. They are popular with kids, adults and avid collectors alike. Vinylmation could execute these better, but they are okay.

Blasphemous as these KerMickeys may be, they are cute and it does show a great reverence Disney now has to include Kermit and the Muppets - not only along with the rest of their gang, but first. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I could be worse. It could be Ratatoing. :stick_out_tongue:
Exactly... Skunk fu DOES have terrible writing, horrible voice acting, and weak attempts at humor... but the animation is beautiful for a Flash program type of animation. At least the animation's good.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The show on XD I'm pulling for is Spectacular Spider-Man. That has to be the finest Spidey cartoon I've ever seen.
well guess what? XD is going to be showing it! Looks like you got your wish after all lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Exactly... Skunk fu DOES have terrible writing, horrible voice acting, and weak attempts at humor... but the animation is beautiful for a Flash program type of animation. At least the animation's good.
You sen the new one. That little dancing, ballerina, karate, panda or something nonsense like that... :stick_out_tongue:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I love Disney (and especially Disney World, even if they're changing things I don't want them to. I try to go there as often as possible, even if it means once every 6 years), even if they do annoy me sometimes, but:

They have, like, a bajillion dollars away in storage. So, would it kill them to finish what they start? Why would they release 85% of Ducktales, but then stop and not release the last season? Was it really doing that poorly? Even if it was, the loss was probably like a penny in the ocean - suck it up and finish the job. I mean, really now. Argh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You sen the new one. That little dancing, ballerina, karate, panda or something nonsense like that... :stick_out_tongue:
Seriously... they go after internet pirates that post stuff like that for free on Youtube, but people who make cheap animations and sell them for profit, stealing someone's idea intentionally (in Strongbad's own words) "The kind they put right next to the check-out line, so Grandma might accidentally mistake it for the real thing" should get their butts into court and have Disney and Dreamworks come down on them like a ton of bricks.

The KerMickeys are Disney's attempt at urban vinyl through their in park Vinylmation series. Each Mickey sculpt is blind-boxed and painted one of several ways for each wave. Kermit made wave one. It isn't the best job, but he is the best of the series and I got to pick one up (non-blind-boxed) at the Wondercon last weekend. I give the figure a solid B.

Basically, these toys represent those already out by other companies. They take one particular pudgy shaped figure (like the Munny, Monskey or Mighty Mug) and paint each one with a distinct character or design like these Mighty Mugs have done. They are popular with kids, adults and avid collectors alike. Vinylmation could execute these better, but they are okay.
I have to say, I'm the only one in my general generation that really doesn't get or like those things. Everyone's drinking from the Hasbro "we drank from other vynal toy maker's wells" well... Play-A-Long toys has a Vynal style Smurf, NECA has a Vynal style Ninja Turtle in it's line up of toys, and I swear I've seen one based on a movie character on their Movie line. They're neat looking, but I really want something sculpted. A real 3-D interpretation of the character, not just a standard, re-usable flat toy base with something silk screened on it. It's a great step in the right direction with making Muppet Merchandise though...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
One thing I don't care for with Disney is those awful not too well thought out straight to video sequels.

Even though I just said that, I'm actually wacthing "Return of Jafar" while typing this, :smile:. But that's mainly cause my nephew wanted to wacth it