"What you think about Disney" Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Disney XD should use this opportunity to air more Canadian shows on their network.
NO No No... we need less foreign cartoons and more American produced ones. Everywhere I turn I see Canadian this, and Russian that... and Italian whatever. I want to see XD air more new animated shows from the US. We need to get our animation industry up and running again.

Xerus

Reaction score
NO No No... we need less foreign cartoons and more American produced ones. Everywhere I turn I see Canadian this, and Russian that... and Italian whatever. I want to see XD air more new animated shows from the US. We need to get our animation industry up and running again.
I suppose that is true. I wouldn't want to see US cartoons and voice artists be out of work. I'm still waiting to Disney's next original cartoon series after Phineas and Ferb. It's been like a year since P & F first aired and I haven't seen a new cartoon series from the Disney company yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I suppose that is true. I wouldn't want to see US cartoons and voice artists be out of work. I'm still waiting to Disney's next original cartoon series after Phineas and Ferb. It's been like a year since P & F first aired and I haven't seen a new cartoon series from the Disney company yet.
I just hope they have one. I sound like a broken record, but they were absolutely DAFT not to have a Pirates of the Carribean series. That would have completely sold itself.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just love Disney myself. I've been collecting Disney DVDs as of late.

I hope to one day work for the mouse myself, :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We often don't realize that so many of the cartoons we label as "American" were and are voiced by Canadian actors or animated by Japanese artists (As a child, I often wondered why the Care Bears pronounced "about" like "a-boot" :wink:).

::shrugs:: Personally I think America had its day in animation for quick awhile and it's OK for other countries to get in on the fun so to speak, hehe. That is what America is all about after all, hehe. Of course I do understand what you mean, I do wish Disney could go back to its roots. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
We often don't realize that so many of the cartoons we label as "American" were and are voiced by Canadian actors or animated by Japanese artists (As a child, I often wondered why the Care Bears pronounced "about" like "a-boot" :wink:).
Care Bears (I don't recall since when) was at one point produced by the Canadian company Nelvana... I'm sure it was near the end of the run, right after DIC. And DIC was a compnay that had its origens in France, worked with Nelvana, Had Canadian voice actors (most of the time) and used Japanese animators for the longest time. Of course, By an American cartoon, I mean a show where the writing, storyboarding and most of the other pre-production work are done. Even Japanese studios use Korean studios now... which is really sad.

::shrugs:: Personally I think America had its day in animation for quick awhile and it's OK for other countries to get in on the fun so to speak, hehe. That is what America is all about after all, hehe. Of course I do understand what you mean, I do wish Disney could go back to its roots. :smile:
make no mistake... I love animation from all over the world. But I don't like how we have so little animated programming airing on American Television, and most of it comes from odd places like Italy and Ireland... plus, a lot of the stuff we've been getting from over seas(or the north) lately has been... blehhhh. Like Ireland's Skunk Fu (which as we all know was NOT made to cash in on the success of Kung Fu Panda :rolleyes: ). Sadly, we don't even get anything major from Japan anymore... mainly due to red tape and the only 3 networks that air animation refuse to air any more animes that don't sell some crummy toy line (Bakugan, for example. Dagnabbit... you can make a pretty penny selling the Yattaman 2008 robots).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
make no mistake... I love animation from all over the world. But I don't like how we have so little animated programming airing on American Television, Sadly, we don't even get anything major from Japan anymore... mainly due to red tape and the only 3 networks that air animation refuse to air any more animes that don't sell some crummy toy line
Yeah I understand :smile:. And it is a shame how poorly Anime has been treated in America, so dumbed down and merchandised. At least it's created such an underground following. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I understand :smile:. And it is a shame how poorly Anime has been treated in America, so dumbed down and merchandised. At least it's created such an underground following. :wink:
Unfortunately, the "underground fandom" (the 12+ year olds that expect gory violence and rape scenes on kid's television, and whine about how they have to be edited so it's acceptible for 5 year olds... and just download fansubs anyway) pretty much like the same exact thing. There's no variety. I just want someone to get Doraemon in this country. Someone apparently had the rights, but they're just sitting on them. That said, 40 bucks for 13 episodes just so they can fund a dub isn't really helping.

That said, I think that the Japanese shows priced themselves out of the business, and while it was cheaper to get foreign shows to dub, it's just cheaper to got to Italy's Rainbow or something like that than TMS or Toei (whom I've heard is a notoriously frustrating company to deal with, a shame, since they makle most of my favorites). And even cheaper still for English speaking countries like Canada and Ireland. Still, I have to say, outside of Arthur, Cookie Jar sucks. You don't know how disappointed I am that DIC merged with them and dropped their own name. but then again, DIC hasn't been great since the early 90's (being generous here... mainly due to their first 2 Sonic cartoons).

Now here's something that drives me mad... American cartoons are still being produced, but they air in EVERY country besides this one first. Marvel unveiled all these new animated programs based on their comics, and Europe got them a year before the contracts were printed up for whatever network was to air them. I think if cartoons ever want to get back to this country, no matter what country they're made in, these networks have to step up to the plate and hire people who care about their products... not people using it as a career stop for a spot on their resume.