What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
With only five more days left until the "MARVELOUS Storyteller" story debut, there are plenty of updates to bring up today.

In the midst of the three-chapter premiere of "Rider's Delight", there'll be non-stop updates on the new "Stranger Than..." fanfic coming to the boards on March 2008 (which some of you have already guessed--Count in particularly--is based on a certain megahit from the 80s and not a bad movie to check out on Halloween). Most of them will tell who's involved, the storyline, teaser posters, and other cool stuff.

Secondly, I have found another MySpace friend to write into my Dog City/Daredevil/Muppets crossover tale. Her name is Hayley Michaels, and the two of us have collaborated in creating quite an interesting character for the story. She'll play a NYPD detective helping out on solving the mystery shrouding the murder that the Electric Mayhem have been framed for. She's also the cousin of main characters, Sean and Alissa Thomas.

Hayley describes herself as driven, perfectionistic, but then quirky (i.e. she is a a health freak but will call off all best and eat nothing but m&ms and cheescake. She also does all her own yard work and car work that she can). She's quite a woman, and I feel she'll be just right for "MARVELOUS" (and maybe other stories, depending on what happens).

I'll have pics and descripts of Hayley soon.

I'm in talks with other friends for other roles in "MARVELOUS" as well as "Sesame, DC". I'll give updates on those as time progresses and things develop. But for now that's all.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks, Jeany. I'm really ready for Halloween this year, not just because of my upcoming story, but because it is the coolest time of the year next to Christmas. I love seeing other people's costumes and have been getting a real kick out of handing out candy to trick-or-treaters.

I'm already prepping up for the holiday for here on Muppet Central by showing off my new avatar, which is based on the "Long Halloween" Batman comic book. It's a Jack-O-Lantern that seems to have quite a dual-personality problem (much like a certain two-faced Batman villain).

There is an animation on the "Why So Serious" website for the new Dark Knight movie next year of this same J-O-L. Check it out (it's real creepy):

http://www.whysoserious.com/

Cross your fingers, folks. This could lead on to quite a surprise for Batman fans on Halloween by the kind folks of Warner Bros. and DC Comics.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
muppetwriter you're are so awesome! and i really love you're stories!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
With the "Rider's Delight" story under way, I believe there's another promise that I made all of you for this special Halloween day....my upcoming "Stranger Than Muppet Fan Fiction" tale!:wink:

As you all know by now, it is in fact a crossover story between Ghostbusters and the Muppets. And I'm simply going to title it just "Ghostbusters" with the "Stranger Than..." title attached to it.

None of the characters from the movies or television shows will be featured in the story, but instead represented by four MySpace friends who I have specially chosen to be for the four main Ghostbusters (Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Winston Zeddemore).

For Peter Venkman, our friend Jessica Lauren (who will be featured in the Dark Knight/Sesame Street crossover of next year) will be the counterpart of Peter Venkman--originally played by Bill Murray in the movies and voiced by Lorenzo Music & Dave Coulier in the cartoons.

For Ray Stantz, a friend of mine named Kiera Sky will be the counterpart for the character originally played by Dan Aykroyd in the movies and voiced by Frank Welker (Freddy Jones from Scooby-Doo and Baby Kermit from The Muppet Babies) in the cartoons.

For Egon Spengler, our friend Christina Renee from "Legends of Disney" (who will be making her debut in both "Sesame, DC" and "The MARVELOUS Muppets" next year) will be the counterpart for the character originally played by Harold Ramis in the movies and voiced by Maurice Lamarche in the cartoons.

And for Winston Zeddemore, a friend of mine named Miranda (whose last name will be "Thomas" in the story) will be the counterpart for the character originally played by Ernie Hudson in the movies and voiced by Arsenio Hall and Buster Jones in the cartoons.

Kermit, Fozzie, Rizzo, and Gonzo will be joining these girls on the team in the story that is hopefully coming to Muppet Central on March 2008.

I have more updates and other stuff to share with everybody about this "Stranger Than..." story throughout the day, so stay tuned.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Here's another update for the day on the "Stranger Than Muppet Fan-Fiction: Ghostbusters" story...

I have some "promotional posters" for the story that I had shown to the friends that'll be starring in it, and they really liked them. Their original sources come from certain past memorabilia of the franchise, such as the promotional posters from the short-lived comic book by 88MPH Studios released in late-2004/early-2005.

Here they are (in all their glory):

The Promotional Poster

This one is pretty much the teaser poster of the first Ghostbusters film (the one with the backwards logo) and features Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo up above it in Ghostbuster-like uniforms (the images were taken from an artwork of a team that the Muppets had formed that was a parody of Ghostbusters called "Grossbusters") and our four main Ghostbusters (Jessica Lauren, Kiera Sky, Christina Renee, and Miranda Thomas) at the bottom.

Teaser Poster #1

This one comes from one of the "promotional posters" for the Ghostbusters comic that I mentioned, featuring a scary-as-h*ll image of a demonic-looking Slimer with the words "Vermin Problems?" above him. And at the bottom is the Ghostbusters title, with all of the main team members at the bottom, including Rizzo the Rat.

Teaser Poster #2

Another poster from the promotions for the short-lived comic series featuring the infamous Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (halfway melted) with the words "S'mores Anyone?" above him. At the bottom is once again the heroes of our upcoming story and the words "Busting in March 2008 on Muppet Central!" below them.

More updates to come later in the day.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Another update on the upcoming Ghostbusters/Muppets fanfic....

The storyline is far different from what the actual Ghostbusters film had. Of course, there'll be references to the film, such as the first busting of the Slimer ghost (that's the one part of the story I know I'm going to enjoying writing). But everything is totally different.

The fiery pits of the underworld is opening up in the center of Manhattan, and the Princess of the Underworld, Azula (from Avatar: The Last Airbender), comes to unleash her wrath after being banished for hundreds of years to the center of the Earth. This could mean the end of the world...unless...three women who have formed their own ghost-hunting business come to stop her from causing pure h*ll over Earth. In the meantime, they're working together with one other woman and a quartet of Muppets (from Kermit the Frog to Gonzo the Great) to fight the dark forces that have come into their world through a "Ghost Portal" designed by Jack and Maddie Fenton, parents of the part-human/part-ghost hero known as Danny Phantom, as well as competing with a group of meddling kids and protecting friends from a home for imaginary ones.

Sounds creepy? Ha! Wait 'til you read it! :wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Okay. So I'm talking with a lot of my MySpace friends and just now realizing some great potential in different character roles for both "Sesame, DC" and "The MARVELOUS Muppets" in future stories.

What I'm going to do is make some character changes and cutbacks.

Here are the cutbacks:

The characters based on my closest friends (Heather, Tyler, and Sarah) will be removed from the "Sesame, DC" plans because I don't quite feel like they're up to the task of helping me develop their characters, which other friends are in the process of doing at the moment. Their original roles will be given to other friends.

Also, Christina Renee's character will be removed from both "Sesame, DC" and "MARVELOUS" to focus more on her character roles in the "Legends of Disney" series and the "Stranger Than/Ghostbusters" tale.

Here are the changes:

Jessica Lauren, Stephanie, and Rabecca Lee won't be my sisters in "Sesame, DC" but my friends instead and sisters amongst each other. Stephanie and Jessica's characters are still reporters for The Daily Planet and Rabecca being a special character who'll be discovered more and more through each story.

New friends of mine named Wendy Rider and Alissa Andrews will play the roles of my sisters in "Sesame, DC" and my artist friend Cory is my brother. And they'll be making their first appearance (along with Jessica, Stephanie, and Rabecca) in the Dark Knight/Sesame Street crossover.

Meanwhile, in the "MARVELOUS" universe, Stephanie's character (much like her "Sesame, DC" counterpart) will be playing a friend of the Thomas family instead of a cousin. Cory, who will also be my brother in this series, is her best friend and will assist her and cousin Hayley Michaels in the big case involving the Electric Mayhem in the Dog City/Daredevil crossover--the title of which is "Devil + Dogs = Mayhem".

These aren't major changes, but they are satisfying enough for me, considering the amount of friends I have now in both series and how simple it'll be to keep up with them all.

We're all working together to give you some marvelous characters to read about in these stories for the next year and so on.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
An interesting update for today (November 3, 2007):

An 18-year-old MySpace friend of mine named Donna (a.k.a. "Dee") is going to be my younger sister for both "The MARVELOUS Muppets" and "Sesame, DC". She's a British friend of mine and wants to be British in my stories. Donna will be known as "Dee Thomas" in the two series. She is 5'5" and weight 7 and a half stone (some of you can guess how that weighs in America); she has blonde hair with black highlights at the bottom of it, blue eyes, and white/caucasian.

Donna describes herself as loud, funny, energetic, crazy, weird, and loves dancing and acting (the perfect profile for a "MARVELOUS Muppets" character). Her occupation in the series will be a model.

Expect to read her character sometime in the future of either "MM" or "Sesame, DC".:smile: