What's your favorite Grover sketch?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yep, two distinct clips there. I had forgotten about the one you mentioned till you mentioned it, but remember it clear as a bell now. In the one I mentioned I think the waviness actually took up a little bit more space than just the outer edge of the screen. Like leaving an oval shape of about 60% of the screen for the blue muppet, Grover, and the lady muppet to do their song beats while the wavy lines moved around the sides. Can't remember the exact color but kind of like a brownish or tan I think.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Remember a sketch with Grover and 2 anything muppets? The screen was kind of wavy around the edges and there was like a slow rhythmic clapping sound effect. This blue muppet (looked a lot like Simon Soundman) comes up the screen and starts going, "bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom BOM... bom bom bom bom." As he continues this, Grover appears on the screen and starts going something like, "Scap bap bapbapbapbapbap" while dancing around the screen. Then a lady muppet joins those two and starts going something like, "Sweet beat beeeeeeeee" ( I might be a little off on some of these words but trying to describe the sounds as best as I remember). So all 3 are doing these sounds with the clapping sound effect continuing too. Then the blue muppet exits the screen. Shortly after Grover exits. The lady is alone going "Sweet beat beeeeeee" and then she finishes with, "bee bee bee beeeeeeeeee!" Then the slow clapping becomes regular speed clapping and the sketch ends.
that was wierd and funny. i sometimes wonder how they came up with such ideas?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
my favorite grover moments are:

all of his segments with kermit.

his appearances in the monsterpiece theatre segments, "chariots of fur", "the taming of the shoe" and "the sound of music".

his songs "monster in the mirror" (i like the celebrity version better than the non-celebrity version), "fuzzy and blue" and "how do you do?"

I like his sketches with john john.

I like most of his waiter skits, but my favorite ones are the one where fat blue orders a hamburger, where simon soundman is the customer, and where grover only serves items that begin with the letter c.

I also liked the skits where grover is a taxi driver, where he teaches elmo how to deliver singing telegrams, and where he sells fat blue a wig.

and i like the supergrover skit where he teaches elmo how to be a superhero.

Ziffel

Reaction score
And another GREAT Grover gem: Grover and the letter G that keeps growing.

It was vintage Grover as he is happy and having a good time talking while not even noticing the G was getting bigger and bigger on that wall. He finally notices it after saying, "And all the flowers are growing, and this G is growing, and ... the G is growing??!!" And then he heads for the hills and the G gets so big it explodes. ( I was recently reading in another thread how SS had edited a few 70's clips in later years. One that MC users were speculating about was the 12 sketch that had the twelve rocks in the sand and the number 12 at the end that vanishes into thin air, which SS later cut out. The speculation was to whether SS cut this out thinking it might be too troubling for children to see the 12 vanish. If that's the case, then maybe they would also think the same thing about the G exploding. Can't let these kids who play all these non violent video games like GTA [yeah right!] see letters and numbers disappear after all!)