What's your favorite Grover sketch?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
never was all that found of Grover though i did enjoy many of the skits in was in. 1 i thought was very sentimental was a skit that i didn't he very often and saw once or twice in the 80s was where he with an AM woman muppet singing still we like each other.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Near.....Far!

And the Grover & "Fat Blue" skits were always my favorite.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Speaking Of Grover,You Guys Can Find What Grover Skits Are On This DVD:A Celebration Of Me Grover!

Here's How:

(1)Click Sesame Merchandise
(2)Click Celebration Of Me Grover DVD
(3)And You Sure Will Know

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Remember when Grover would always run up to Kermit and yell "HEEEYYY FROGGY BABY!!!" and then slap him hard on the back to which Kermit would double over?

Lady Holiday

Reaction score
My favorite Grover skit is the Sing After Me song performed with Madeline Kahn. She teaches him that when she sings "Yo Ho Ho," he should sing after her: "Yo Ho Ho." The music begins, and before Madeline can get out a word, Grover shouts: "Yo Ho Ho!" No, Madeline explains. He has to wait until she starts. "You don't know what I'm going to say. I could say any number of things." Grover apologizes. "I will be on my guard." He's stealing the show from Madeline Kahn and its hilarious! :sing: :big_grin:

"Be my echo (be my echo)
Sing what I sing (sing what you sing)
Follow the leader and sing after meeeeeeeeeee"

astrotrain

Reaction score
My favorite Grover skits were

01. Waiter with Fat Blue in resturant.
02. Selling Kermit items (tooth brush, ear muffs, etc)
03. "Exit" (with the Hippies)
04. Playing the banjo on the Ed Sullivan Show with Kermit

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I asked for the DVD for my birthday. I'm pretty sure I'll get it, my parents usually don't let me down. I can't wait to see the telegram skit. It's been so long since I last saw that one.

Nicole

Reaction score
I liked the one where Grover is working as the waiter in Charlie's Restaurant and I don't remember exactly how the skit started but a bunch of customers were coming in wanting to wish someone a happy birthday and they all said something different so Grover comes out of the kitchen with a bunch of birthday cakes and a woman muppet walks in and all of the customers tell her "Happy birthday!" I think that Grover was so startled by the commotion that he dropped all the cakes.

There is one that I saw a couple of times where Fat Blue wants alphabet soup in the restaurant, so Grover brings him a bowl and Fat Blue is checking it and notices that one of the letters from the alphabet is not in there, so he makes Grover go get that letter out of the kitchen to put in the soup. He does this several times because more of the letters were missing. I know that this was done to teach children the alphabet, but every time that I see that skit, I am thinking: "My goodness, aren't we finicky?"

Ziffel

Reaction score
One of the funniest Grover moments for me was the waiter one where Fat Blue kept changing his mind on his order (first he wanted 2 strips of bacon and 2 eggs, then 3 strips of bacon and 1 egg). When Grover brought this food to him, he smiles and says, "Uh, you might think this is gonna sound funny but ... I changed my mind again!" And Grover (quite perturbed by now) says, "Oh I do not think that sounds funny at all." I love the way Frank Oz said that! (as well as the way Jerry Nelson said the preceding line! )
Of course at the end, when the customer changes his mind yet again and wants lunch ("Two hot dogs and two pickles") Grover loses it in the kitchen as we hear him screaming to Charlie and breaking dishes. A great skit, as so many Grover ones are.