What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

BeckyDR

Reaction score
to SSETAAAAAAAAAAAA :smile:...

I also loved the 40 Dots skech!!!!!!!!! 39...39...39999...400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 rotfl :smile:))))))))))))))) I wonder why they don't show it anymore :frown: well at least we have the memories :smile: also, I've been studying Russian for the past year (I just finished college this year and studied Russian my last 2 semesters in college) and I can just imagine how the ending would sound in Russian ("tridtsat' devyat (39)...tridtsat' devyat...tridtsaaaaaaaaaaat devyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...soroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...") -- you'd need a sound file to really get it :smile: btw anybody else here speak Russian? or any other languages? I can speak Spanish fluently (and yes I do watch Plaza Sesamo sometimes), proficient French, and a little of various other languages.

Becky

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

No. I didn't catch the pinball scetch on ABC, but their Schoolhouse Rock segments some times reminded me of Sesame Street. I guess my favorite, and this isn't a counting sketch or anything, but I liked Bert's song about the letter W, "Without any trouble you know it's a w...." By the way, I didn't see the sketch where Bert growled during Ernie's counting song. If Bert's annoyed just by Ernie counting to three, he really needs to chill out. Lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm the only one severly tramatized by the pinball number count. If you don't know, I saw the Hebrew language version on the Americanized special Shalom Sesame and it frightened me so severely, I can't even watch the English version any more. Well, I can. It was on yesterday, and I turned the sound down and hummed the Inspector Gadget theme song. It's one step towards recovery. (a real shame. It used to be my absolute favorite before that!)

Anyway, I always liked any Number with the count, especially the one where he counts school kids (and then, I will count Ben, for Ben is Number 10!) I always laughed when Ben was frightend by the COunt (or disturbed at least).

I also like Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats "Count it Higher" and I remember quite fondly Polly Dartons, "Counting Up to Five"

As for now, I like the William Wegman Dog segments, especially the 6 dogs in the canoe. Really, it's so wierd and funny! I saw a bunch of his old stuff (before he Did Sesame) and it was even weirder. Trust me!

ssetta

Reaction score
The pinball sketch was on yesterday? Do you remember which episode it was?

Drtooth

Reaction score
EEEEELEVEN!!!!!!

ACTUALLY, IT REMINDS ME of Nightmare before Christmas, when Oogi Boogie roles the dice and yells, "Whot!?!? Snake-eyes??? Uhg!!! EEEEEleven!!!!

I also herd the Grace Slick 12345678910 song (4 version) in Hebrew. That was also freky! From what I remember, when the singer makes the number 4 sound like an airplane, it went (this is from memmory, I don't speak Hebrew) "Allllbaaa, yyy-aaaaalllllbaaa!" Fah-reaky!!!!!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Like most of you I really dig the Pinball Number Count as well as, The Alligator King, Jim Henson's "Song of (insert number here)" interstials and The Ladybug's Picnic.

I didn't know Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane contributed to the 123456789------10 animations. Where did y'all find out about this?

Anyway...

I also love the segment Frank Oz directed with the wire frames and the little red ball traveling around through them. The ball would then pass through three flags and you would hear a child's voice say "1-2-3!" The music is wonderful.

Another early sketch is "Snow White and the Six dwarfs". Frank Oz plays Snow White who stumbles in to the wrong house. So the dwarfs count off only they keep going. Snow White finally has to organize them and count thme herself. My favorite line is when Frank's Snow White sweetly asks about a Jim Henson character...

"And who's your little friend here?"

and Jim responds in his gruff voice...

"...little friend? I'm Pokey, lady!"

And of course...The King of 8 is wonderful, The Count song "Count Up to Nine"...really there's a lot of great material especially on the old Sesame Street shows.

that's about the size of it,

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
By the way, I didn't see the sketch where Bert growled during Ernie's counting song. If Bert's annoyed just by Ernie counting to three, he really needs to chill out. Lol.
It's a sketch where Ernie calls himself the world's greatest counter of numbers. So he starts demonstrating and counts...very...very...slowly. He also gets distracted by Bert very easily and then starts all over again. This is what drives Bert to the point of growling.

It's kind of a long sketch...I nearly starting growling too!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by BeckyDR
I've been studying Russian for the past year (I just finished college this year and studied Russian my last 2 semesters in college) and I can just imagine how the ending would sound in Russian ("tridtsat' devyat

you'd need a sound file to really get it
No way!!! THe Russian FOOOOOOOOOORRRRRTEEEEEEEEEYYYY!!!!!! would be so scarey, that it would have to be buried 40 feet underground, 40 miles in the middle of nowhere, in a 40 by 40 inch box made out of 40 pounds of 40 minute quick dry cement for 40 years after the apocolypse. Let's hope Ulitza Sesame (sp) never gets it's hand on it!

I truely would have loved to see the baker skits, though. Especially the long rumored number 9 with a mister ROWLF THE DOG!!!!

BeckyDR

Reaction score
it's Ulitsa Sezam...

and you probably don't have to worry about hearing it (the 40 skit) in Russian, unless you are Russian or live in Russia and watch Ulitsa Sezam. Actually, even if you are Russian living outside of Russia, you probably would not be able to see it because I think it only broadcasts in Russia and neighboring countries (unfortunately, for it would greatly help me to practice my Russian). by the way, anybody else on here speak Russian? if so IM me so we can talk po-russki. Bye for now.

Becky

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, everybody. There are two counting sketches featuring my main Muppet, the Count that I was wondering if anyone else remembered, and could hopefully provide the details of these sketches.
1 The Count is sitting on the outside lawn of his castle preparing for a picnic when ants come along and take away each different item.
2 The Count is inside his castle counting different castle inhabitants like a doggie howling at the moon or a ghost who comes in for a cup of tea. Any help will be most appreciated!

The Killer of Threads, the Count.