What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Drtooth, a few questions if you could answer them that is.
1 What's the title of this Muppet Alphabet Storybook with both Kermit and Piggy?
2 What's the name of the story where they both appear?
The Sesame Street A-B-C Storybook is in my collection, and it has a rully nice cover photo with a few of the characters forming a tower of alphabet blocks.
Thanks for your help and have a good day.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Ol' Buddy Bert said:
Like most of you I really dig the Pinball Number Count as well as, The Alligator King, Jim Henson's "Song of (insert number here)" interstials and The Ladybug's Picnic.

I didn't know Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane contributed to the 123456789------10 animations. Where did y'all find out about this?

Anyway...

I also love the segment Frank Oz directed with the wire frames and the little red ball traveling around through them. The ball would then pass through three flags and you would hear a child's voice say "1-2-3!" The music is wonderful.

Another early sketch is "Snow White and the Six dwarfs". Frank Oz plays Snow White who stumbles in to the wrong house. So the dwarfs count off only they keep going. Snow White finally has to organize them and count thme herself. My favorite line is when Frank's Snow White sweetly asks about a Jim Henson character...

"And who's your little friend here?"

and Jim responds in his gruff voice...

"...little friend? I'm Pokey, lady!"

And of course...The King of 8 is wonderful, The Count song "Count Up to Nine"...really there's a lot of great material especially on the old Sesame Street shows.

that's about the size of it,
I wanna know:
Which AM is Snow White? I think she's orange, but I could be wrong.

Also, what does Pokey look like? Please tell me what AM he is, nose color, what his eyes are like, if he has eyebrows, hair & beard color, and clothes.

Thanks!

BlueAM

mikebennidict

Reaction score
how about the elevator man going up 1o floors and due to the ammount of people and animals that were on the elevaotr exploded. or the number segment with the jazz singer singing the numbers and counting the birds and the 20th bird was a big blue one with a 20 and crushes the no. 20. for some reason i hated that ending. now i think it's funny.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
her's a couple of questions about counting on SS. 3 actually. up untill the 90s i never saw any features about the no. 1 thought i understand that SS in it's early years did feature the no. 1. matter of fact there was a Harvy kneeslapper 1 segment witch i was suprised to see. and somebody at YL mentioned the psychedelic numbers films there was also a 1 segment. i wonder if thecounting films with Grace Slick or the no. painter films had a 1 segment as well? also for so many years the numbers that were featured were from 1-10 then 1-12 but then why would they have segments were they would count from 1-20 and never feature the number between 12 and 20? now they do and sometimes they count to 40 but don't feature numbers past 20.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i was just thinking of the number painter films. now there were 6 outdoor films and 4 indoor ones. in the case of the outdoor ones, i wonder if they were all shot in the same day? since sky was mostly cloudy in those though some sun was seen in the 5 and 9 films. the 9 film was pretty interesting because paul is painting it in the middle of a busy intersection and not a side street. matter of fact, seeing the 1st shot of Mac cleaning the street, it sort of looked like Times Square. i call him Mac because it was written in the back of his shirt. i've never have been to New York but i'm sure i've seen pictures of T.S. witch is why i figure that was where it was filmed. but i cannot see them closing the streets in order to paint a 9 in the street and wash it away. i wonder if there were special effects involved in this one and it just looked likr it?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
SS 1-2-3 favs.

:big_grin: I love all the classic # skits,especially:

The Baker
The Count's Counting Song
Five Purple Konkers
Grover The Baker
Honk around the Clock
King Minus
Ladybugs' Picnic
The Land of 6
The Land of 8
Penny Candy Man
The Pinball Song
Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone
Three
Toucan 2-step
Two Little Dolls

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
1-2-3 SS skits

Ol' Buddy Bert said:
Like most of you I really dig the Pinball Number Count as well as, The Alligator King, Jim Henson's "Song of (insert number here)" interstials and The Ladybug's Picnic.

I didn't know Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane contributed to the 123456789------10 animations. Where did y'all find out about this?

Anyway...

I also love the segment Frank Oz directed with the wire frames and the little red ball traveling around through them. The ball would then pass through three flags and you would hear a child's voice say "1-2-3!" The music is wonderful.

Another early sketch is "Snow White and the Six dwarfs". Frank Oz plays Snow White who stumbles in to the wrong house. So the dwarfs count off only they keep going. Snow White finally has to organize them and count thme herself. My favorite line is when Frank's Snow White sweetly asks about a Jim Henson character...

"And who's your little friend here?"

and Jim responds in his gruff voice...

"...little friend? I'm Pokey, lady!"

And of course...The King of 8 is wonderful, The Count song "Count Up to Nine"...really there's a lot of great material especially on the old Sesame Street shows.

that's about the size of it,
These are fantastic too!! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mikebenedict, thought I could hep you with a few answers. As for the totality of numbers featured as the Number of the Day... not sure what's the reason behind featuring only said numbers for so long, but I know that they finally decided to feature the numbers 0 and 13-20 after María's and Luis's wedding. I remember the honeymoon episode where they're driving in Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy and arrive at this camp area where they're bothered by Sonny Friendly. That episode was sponsored by the letters S and X and the number 17. The highest number they've featured is the number 21, with a poem by Ernie as a sketch and the story of Numberella as segments for that number.
As for sketches featuring the number 1, there's no Number Painter, Pinball Count nor Circus Ringmaster sketch/segment for this number. There have been various bits and segments since then though, like the western song sung by Johnny Cash with Big Bird, the Count and Countess Dahling von Dahling; the episode where a number 1 didn't want to be the number 1, the gag with Patrick Stewart where he gives the number 1 his classic ST TNG command; and an arcane song I remember that has to be in the Sesame vaults.
This sketch had the female number Muppets for the numbers 10 to 1 with lightbulbs on their outlines, all lined up for a sort of pageant. The number 1 was extremely shy and didn't want to perform at first, but was then coaxed into singing and gave it her all.

As for the Number Painter's 9 sketch, can't say for sure. But it's not rully that far-fetched, if you've been to NYC then you know that there's a street with a store (maybe a bookstore, not sure anymore) that has a big red number 9 stationed on the sidewalk in front of it.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well i've never seen a no. painter film of 1 or even 12. but i remember seeing a Harvy Kneeslapper skit in the 90s were another muppet, not the same fat blue guy, hary asked him do you want 1? whatever it was. and he said yes. well you know what happened. besides most of those 70s skits were retired by that time and the fact i never saw SS featuring 1, i was suprised. i don't know if you were a member of YL as me, Ssetta, and Mark the Shark were but somebody there said that 1 was featured early on and mentioned that one of the so called psychedelic numbers films were people said 10 triangles or 9 nails. as for the red 9 that's painted on that sidewalk you mentioned, thta couldn't of been the 9 Mr. Bennidict panted because the 9 he painted was white. though i'm sure after those films were made, there were probably a good deal of dingalings who copied off of him.