What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

Reaction score

*ladybug picnic
*land of 8
*pinball song
*martian beauty
*baker guy falling down the steps (I always felt sorry for him as a kid)

I think I remember the skit about the number one being nervous to sing. Isn't that on the Learning About Numbers video? I could be wrong, it's been years since I watched it with my kids since I now use a DVD player. Gotta buy that one on DVD so I can see it again. If it's not on that one, it's on one of my kids tapes ~ I remember watching it with them when my older kids were smaller.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi sesamestreetmom. The sketch you're talking about the number 1 being too nervous to sing isn't found on the Learning About Numbers VHS tape, I know I have that one. Though I could be wrong about the DVD, don't have that version of the video release.
However, you're one of the few persons who remembers this sketch I fondly remember from my youth. The numbers from this sketch have been added to my Muppet Listings as "The Pageant Show Numbers."
Got a descript of the sketch my trusted Muppets source sent me that I could post here, but it'll have to wait till I get back home. LMK and I'll post it ASAP.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Reaction score
I will have to check out all my kids old tapes. I can't watch them now anyway since we are moving and all the tapes are packed away. As soon as I can get to them, I will watch them all and find out which one has that skit on it. I know I remember seeing it. Could it be Elmo says Boo???? Right now I can't even remember all the different tapes my kids have!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's OK, as soon as you find it let us know.
Have a good day.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone know or recall this one? probably from the early 70s http://www.geocities.com/ssmonsterskits/cookie-4_03.jpg > also while me know Paul Benedict was the number painter who was the man who often appeared in those films? such as the 8 film where the 8 was painted on his head? i always referred to him as Mac because it was written on his shirt but what was his real name? also is Stockyard Channing related to Carrol Channing?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
in the & film where the painter tried to paint the 7 on the elevator door but without realizing it kept painting it on people's shopping bag, who was that football player that was on the elevator? i assume he was a NY. Jet thought his football helmet was white and i think their helmets are also green. unless that was then are the number painter films go back to at least 1972 if not before.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was this old counting segment where somebody who we couldn't see would hold out these cards, not poker cards but different colored cards with numbers on them and the kids who we also could see would say the numbers as that person would lay them down. there where 2 of these one showing the numbers 1-10 and the other 10-1.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememeber the animated piece from the 90s that featured a song called 18? it was a spoof off of the old Alice Cooper song.

Nicole

Reaction score
I always did like the one about the two little girls and a little doll house. I also liked the cartoon about where the boy was counting and he always left out number 15 and then the number 15 is a girl who sings a song that goes: "Please tell my why-y, you pass me by-y."