1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by The Count, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

That sounds a lot like the song that Loretta Long performed on the Flip Wilson Show back in 1970 (that episode aired this morning on TV Land). The musical guest was Sunday's Child, who might've been among the adults you mentioned.
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

check this thread out. http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=13123&highlight=computer animation&
  3. SesameMike

SesameMike Member

Actually, that one appeared on Noggin at one point.

The second time they counted to eleven the "slow" way, they had a unique animation effect. First they showed the number, then during the "tuh TUH TUH" part the number spun around and stopped with these little squares next to the digit(s), their quantity commensurate with the value of the number. The 2, for example, had a square on either side. The higher numbers displayed the squares in neat near-symmetrical patterns.
  4. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I have an idea of what you are referring to but been so long since I've seen it that I just can't recall the neat visuals too well. But the sounds I recall clear as a bell.
    By the way, I LOVE how you typed in my , "tuh... TUH TUH!" sound description! Made me LOL hard , as internet lingo would put it. :D
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i know witch 1 you're referring to. think you both explained it the best you could. some skits are harder to explain.
  6. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

in those number films with the baker, while we found out the name of one of the people in those films, Joe Ponzeckii wonder about the others? such as the guys with the 4 balloons? he was also in the 5 film where those monsters break thw window and he says 5...whatever they are! or the professor with the 6 squares, 7 circle and 10 triangles. or the photographer and the 6 cameras.
  7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I haven't read this whole thread yet, so forgive me if it's been mentioned already, but the other day I saw an old sketch that I clearly remembered, on a new Sesame episode, counting up to 8. It was a hotel, and there was a bellhop who had to get the bags of a lady checking out, and he had to get all 8 bags, and they were very heavy. Then he fell down the stairs, and one by one each bag fell on him. But it turns out he had to bring them back up again. :D That made me really happy.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

favorites

my favorites include:

count it higher

pinball number count

harvey kneeslapper holds up a cookie and offers "One"

the alligator king

the ten commandments of health

i just adore four

the baker films (although i have only seen the ones for 3 and 10, and I heard the one for 5 on the Songs from the Street CD set)
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

don't know if this one was mentioned but it was a 4 cartooon where tis 4 located in some open field and these 4 men carry it off to a castle and can't remember what happenes exactly. this one was from the 80s.
  10. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Back in post#78 I mentioned a lot of the counting number segments that I thought were really catchy and had cool music, like the pinball number series and falling baker segments. Another I really loved to see and listen to was those jazzy spies/ race car segments I've seen talked about here from time to time (Apparently a lot of them were shown on Noggin, which I didn't have).
    Loved the beginnings the best with the numbers flashing fast and the lady at first whispering 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and then counting louder a second time. Great music background. And yes, psychedelic. The only ones I really remember fairly well are the ones I caught in more recent times (1980-1991): the numbers 3,8, and 10. I've seen some other ones described here but don't really remember them too well. It was the opening and closing parts of these that were the best parts anyway , I think. The 10 one I recall about the cars racing and at the end the woman saying "ten" throughout says, "teh hennnn!" in a rather eerie way. In the 8 one it was kind of a hoot as creatures kept eating other creatures, right? (Thus, 8 and ate). And in #3 one of the bizarre things was a cartoon devil, I think. Anyone who's seen #3 able to verify that?
    I also see that it was brought up that there was a book called "The Sesame Street Book of Numbers" from 1970 that has all of these jazzy number illustrations in it and that it is sometimes sold on ebay. I might have even had that back then. Had various SS books in the early 70's but would have been just 3 in 1970 so can't recall this one for sure. Might be a fun one to try to get and see the illustrations. Even funner, of course, would be to see the actual clips again someday.
  11. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

Hey Mikealan,
    I tried to send you a private message, but it said there was no room in your files. Rosewood
  12. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

The Baker series photographer.

I havn't had a chance to look super closely, since I obtained the episode containing it, but I could swear that the photographer (in the baker seiries) with the 6 cameras is a spitting image of a very young James Earl Jones!
  13. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

Another Harvey Kneeslapper # skit.....

Here's another Harvey Kneeslapper skit for numbers..... HK is telling you (ahead of time) how he is planning to get someone to "give him five" with their hand, and how he plans to give them a jolt with a hand buzzer when they do it. Then he sees someone comming and tries to put it all in motion:

HK:"Hey, want to give me five?"
    Other guy: (Looks alot like HK) "What was that?"
    HK:"I said, You want to give me five?" (he holds out his hand)
    Other guy: "Well, O.K., you asked for it!" (and with that he slaps a #5 on HK's shirt and walks away, laughing OL!)
    HK: (not knowing what to think of it all, puts his elbow on the wall and rests his cheek in his hand, only to get buzzed by the buzzer!) :D
  14. MuppetfraggleEX

MuppetfraggleEX New Member

Does anyone remember the old skit about the number six, with a girl who has 6 kittens? There was a man narrating it in song, almost talking, but singing. She was maybe a princess? Any info would be great!!That one was great, and the Alligator king with his 7 sons. I also liked the pinball song, which was better with the number 12.
  15. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

number films

in those films with the baker falling down, Have we ever found out who some of those other people are in those films like the profeesor with the 6 squares, 7 circles and 10 triangles? or even that photographer with the 6 cameras?
  16. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I haven't been able to find out who any of the others were. Was neat learning that Jim Henson was the guy juggling the 3 balls and that Joe Ponazecki who played Wally in the Ralph and Wally skits was the guy opening all the little doors (like 3 crocodiles and 4 fish). My hunch is that the professor and the guy with the cameras were not in other SS clips and were not celebrities or relatives of other SS cast members or we'd have come across that info at sites by now.
  17. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

maybe not celeberties but even those who aren't household names you'll probably see in the imdb page. it's possible most of them weren't well know though I could be wrong.
  18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

8 skit with AM boys.

they see an 8 and to them it's upside down. Of course they themselves are upside down but they turn the 8 right side up. Of course I can't recall if the 8 in the clip was like some where there is an upside down or right side up or if it was like this 8 were it doesn't really matter and look the same anyway you put it.
  19. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

The only foreign languages I know well are Swedish, Norwegian and Danish. To bring this back on topic, though...I was lucky enough to catch a Swedish Sesame rerun on one of my trips. The number of the day happened to be 10, illustrated by the "ringmaster" cartoon (dubbed, of course!) All in all, the clips I saw seemed to be mostly 80s material--some good, some not so good.
  20. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

"15" song/cartoon

Holy smoke, that's one of my favorite new clips! I've been looking all over for a sound file and/or lyric sheet to that song; would you have either of those, by chance? :cool: