What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few points for Mikebenedict.
1 No, I wasn't a member of Yesterday Land, if that's the YL you're refering to.
2 Don't know what these "psychadelic number segments" are.
3 The number 9 I speak of isn't painted on the streets of NYC. It's a giant red number 9, kind of like a sculpture, that stands atop a part of the sidewalk on one of the streets.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
sorry Count. i thought you said the red 9 was painted. i must of mis-read you. i think the psychedelic numbers are those films witch started out with kids singing the numbers 1-10 and singing them backwards and they would re-appear again and than they'd stop at a number that would be featured and acotrs would come on sayig 10 triangles or something like that. and they'd show a few such examples and at the end, the baker that was mentioned here were he had a certain number of baked good, for the 10 i think it was 10 something layer cakes? and falls down the stairs. many i assume that's what everyone means by Psychedelic numbers because of the opening animations witch might of been computer animated.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, OK then. I've come to know that series of segments as the Falling Baker series from my time here on this forum. The only one I've seen is the 10 chocolate layer cakes in the Season 35 premiere and another one I don't remember well from an Unpaved episode.
Have a good day.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i was just thinking of the number painter films. now there were 6 outdoor films and 4 indoor ones. in the case of the outdoor ones, i wonder if they were all shot in the same day? since sky was mostly cloudy in those though some sun was seen in the 5 and 9 films. the 9 film was pretty interesting because paul is painting it in the middle of a busy intersection and not a side street. matter of fact, seeing the 1st shot of Mac cleaning the street, it sort of looked like Times Square. i call him Mac because it was written in the back of his shirt. i've never have been to New York but i'm sure i've seen pictures of T.S. witch is why i figure that was where it was filmed. but i cannot see them closing the streets in order to paint a 9 in the street and wash it away. i wonder if there were special effects involved in this one and it just looked likr it?
i wonder just wondering what was the name of the man who was often is the no. painter films with Benidict? i always called him Mac because it was written on the back of his shirt.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
this just came to mind. it was an old skit featuring Maria & Luis and some kids, there were 9 of them. they move around and theese kids who aren't seen on camera and sound like older kids say stand still and count them while this arrow points at each person. 4 times they move around and stand at certain positions. the last part everyone is jumbled up and the kids announcing says oh you think we can't count uou. but they do from above them. and this blue 9 flashes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't says I remember that one, cause I don't.
And I don't have that man from the Number Painter film segments either.
Though, here's something interesting I wondered about. You know Stockard Channing as CJ from the West Wing right? And you know that there was an episode this March with Elmo and Rosita on it with numerous SS/Muppet references right? Well, the lady in those Number Painter film segments who's denominated as "The Number Painter's Victim" on my Muppet Listings was Stockard Channing. So what I wonder is if she used her still lingering connections from back then to this day to finaggle the SS characters' appearance on her new show.
Just some food for thought.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya.Here are my fav. number sketches/skits(from a previous post,adding some more):

-Alligator King
-Land of 6
-Land of 8
-Toucan Two-Step
-Two Little Dolls
-King Minus
-Ladybugs' Picnic
-Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone
-The Coconut Counting Man
-The Baker skit
-Pinball Song
-number sketch with ball going thru maze,lands in box,child cranks handle,becomes powder
-Honk Around the Clock
-5 Purple Konkers
-Three
-One of these things(is not like the other)
-a good sketch with Count and Susan Sarandon,they need to go into Count's castle,he knocks at the door,and keeps knocking and knocking
-Inchworm
-counting balls
-the number painter(Paul Benedict,from the tv show The Jeffersons)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Hiya.Here are my fav. number sketches/skits(from a previous post,adding some more):

-Alligator King
-Land of 6
-Land of 8
-Toucan Two-Step
-Two Little Dolls
-King Minus
-Ladybugs' Picnic
-Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone
-The Coconut Counting Man
-The Baker skit
-Pinball Song
-number sketch with ball going thru maze,lands in box,child cranks handle,becomes powder
-Honk Around the Clock
-5 Purple Konkers
-Three
-One of these things(is not like the other)
-a good sketch with Count and Susan Sarandon,they need to go into Count's castle,he knocks at the door,and keeps knocking and knocking
-Inchworm
-counting balls
-the number painter(Paul Benedict,from the tv show The Jeffersons)
huuuuuuuum. i thought he was King Midas.of course calling him King Minus does make sense. >when you say 3, witch skit do you mean? is that by any chance the one where Olivia is sing 3 is so curvey 3 is so tall. 3 is my favorite number of all? > that inchworn skit you mentioned i only saw once in the late 80s. but it was obviously from the early 70s because of the quality of the video tape. i wonder why it wasn't shown as often? others made around that time were.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't think this one was mentioned. these numbers appear from 10-1, they back away from the screen and the flash while this lady is saying the numbers while you hear the sound of a bass playing. then the mumbers appear still with no motion and know flashing as the lady count the numbers forwards.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't think these were mentioned. > the guy who plays the flute and makes of 5 snakes come up and they make a 5. >the man with the bubble pipe and blows 7 bubbles and after they brake he's mad they didn't last and as be tries it again, he pops like a bubble.