1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by The Count, Aug 26, 2002.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

A few points for Mikebenedict.
    1 No, I wasn't a member of Yesterday Land, if that's the YL you're refering to.
    2 Don't know what these "psychadelic number segments" are.
    3 The number 9 I speak of isn't painted on the streets of NYC. It's a giant red number 9, kind of like a sculpture, that stands atop a part of the sidewalk on one of the streets.
    Hope this helps and have a good night.
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

sorry Count. i thought you said the red 9 was painted. i must of mis-read you. i think the psychedelic numbers are those films witch started out with kids singing the numbers 1-10 and singing them backwards and they would re-appear again and than they'd stop at a number that would be featured and acotrs would come on sayig 10 triangles or something like that. and they'd show a few such examples and at the end, the baker that was mentioned here were he had a certain number of baked good, for the 10 i think it was 10 something layer cakes? and falls down the stairs. many i assume that's what everyone means by Psychedelic numbers because of the opening animations witch might of been computer animated.
  3. The Count

Ah, OK then. I've come to know that series of segments as the Falling Baker series from my time here on this forum. The only one I've seen is the 10 chocolate layer cakes in the Season 35 premiere and another one I don't remember well from an Unpaved episode.
    Have a good day.
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i wonder just wondering what was the name of the man who was often is the no. painter films with Benidict? i always called him Mac because it was written on the back of his shirt.
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

this just came to mind. it was an old skit featuring Maria & Luis and some kids, there were 9 of them. they move around and theese kids who aren't seen on camera and sound like older kids say stand still and count them while this arrow points at each person. 4 times they move around and stand at certain positions. the last part everyone is jumbled up and the kids announcing says oh you think we can't count uou. but they do from above them. and this blue 9 flashes.
  6. The Count

Can't says I remember that one, cause I don't.
    And I don't have that man from the Number Painter film segments either.
    Though, here's something interesting I wondered about. You know Stockard Channing as CJ from the West Wing right? And you know that there was an episode this March with Elmo and Rosita on it with numerous SS/Muppet references right? Well, the lady in those Number Painter film segments who's denominated as "The Number Painter's Victim" on my Muppet Listings was Stockard Channing. So what I wonder is if she used her still lingering connections from back then to this day to finaggle the SS characters' appearance on her new show.
    Just some food for thought.
  7. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Hiya.Here are my fav. number sketches/skits(from a previous post,adding some more):

-Alligator King
    -Land of 6
    -Land of 8
    -Toucan Two-Step
    -Two Little Dolls
    -King Minus
    -Ladybugs' Picnic
    -Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone
    -The Coconut Counting Man
    -The Baker skit
    -Pinball Song
    -number sketch with ball going thru maze,lands in box,child cranks handle,becomes powder
    -Honk Around the Clock
    -5 Purple Konkers
    -Three
    -One of these things(is not like the other)
    -a good sketch with Count and Susan Sarandon,they need to go into Count's castle,he knocks at the door,and keeps knocking and knocking
    -Inchworm
    -counting balls
    -the number painter(Paul Benedict,from the tv show The Jeffersons)
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

huuuuuuuum. i thought he was King Midas.of course calling him King Minus does make sense. >when you say 3, witch skit do you mean? is that by any chance the one where Olivia is sing 3 is so curvey 3 is so tall. 3 is my favorite number of all? > that inchworn skit you mentioned i only saw once in the late 80s. but it was obviously from the early 70s because of the quality of the video tape. i wonder why it wasn't shown as often? others made around that time were.
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

don't think this one was mentioned. these numbers appear from 10-1, they back away from the screen and the flash while this lady is saying the numbers while you hear the sound of a bass playing. then the mumbers appear still with no motion and know flashing as the lady count the numbers forwards.
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

don't think these were mentioned. > the guy who plays the flute and makes of 5 snakes come up and they make a 5. >the man with the bubble pipe and blows 7 bubbles and after they brake he's mad they didn't last and as be tries it again, he pops like a bubble.
  11. sesamestreetmom

sesamestreetmom New Member

*ladybug picnic
    *land of 8
    *pinball song
    *martian beauty
    *baker guy falling down the steps (I always felt sorry for him as a kid)

I think I remember the skit about the number one being nervous to sing. Isn't that on the Learning About Numbers video? I could be wrong, it's been years since I watched it with my kids since I now use a DVD player. Gotta buy that one on DVD so I can see it again. If it's not on that one, it's on one of my kids tapes ~ I remember watching it with them when my older kids were smaller.
  12. The Count

Hi sesamestreetmom. The sketch you're talking about the number 1 being too nervous to sing isn't found on the Learning About Numbers VHS tape, I know I have that one. Though I could be wrong about the DVD, don't have that version of the video release.
    However, you're one of the few persons who remembers this sketch I fondly remember from my youth. The numbers from this sketch have been added to my Muppet Listings as "The Pageant Show Numbers."
    Got a descript of the sketch my trusted Muppets source sent me that I could post here, but it'll have to wait till I get back home. LMK and I'll post it ASAP.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  13. sesamestreetmom

sesamestreetmom New Member

I will have to check out all my kids old tapes. I can't watch them now anyway since we are moving and all the tapes are packed away. As soon as I can get to them, I will watch them all and find out which one has that skit on it. I know I remember seeing it. Could it be Elmo says Boo???? Right now I can't even remember all the different tapes my kids have!
  14. The Count

That's OK, as soon as you find it let us know.
    Have a good day.
  15. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

anyone know or recall this one? probably from the early 70s http://www.geocities.com/ssmonsterskits/cookie-4_03.jpg > also while me know Paul Benedict was the number painter who was the man who often appeared in those films? such as the 8 film where the 8 was painted on his head? i always referred to him as Mac because it was written on his shirt but what was his real name? also is Stockyard Channing related to Carrol Channing?
  16. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

in the & film where the painter tried to paint the 7 on the elevator door but without realizing it kept painting it on people's shopping bag, who was that football player that was on the elevator? i assume he was a NY. Jet thought his football helmet was white and i think their helmets are also green. unless that was then are the number painter films go back to at least 1972 if not before.
  17. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

there was this old counting segment where somebody who we couldn't see would hold out these cards, not poker cards but different colored cards with numbers on them and the kids who we also could see would say the numbers as that person would lay them down. there where 2 of these one showing the numbers 1-10 and the other 10-1.
  19. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

rememeber the animated piece from the 90s that featured a song called 18? it was a spoof off of the old Alice Cooper song.
  20. Nicole

Nicole New Member

I always did like the one about the two little girls and a little doll house. I also liked the cartoon about where the boy was counting and he always left out number 15 and then the number 15 is a girl who sings a song that goes: "Please tell my why-y, you pass me by-y."