What's your most prized Muppet item?

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
Muppet Collection

I think it's really great that people are listing there most prized Muppet items, so here are a few of mine off the top of my head:

Set of Grover hands from the actual 96' season puppet
1 Statler hand, not flocked
a set of Rizzo hands, unfinished
oh, by the way I'm not some kinda sicko who collects hands only...lol
1 unfinished Clifford head, actual puppet
several old Muppet mock-ups
pictures of me holding up actual Mupets like Scooter, Rowlf, Elmo, George the Janitor etc.
Picture of me sitting infront of the Muppet Mural in the Muppet Townhouse , too many photos to name. I need to go through all my things and make an inventory list.

I should really take pictures of all my things... Someone mentioned posting pics of our collections, I think that would be a cool idea.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Oooo, unfinished Clifford. Oo, Muppet mockups.

I'm glad somebody else has a copy of the Style Guide! Maybe if I can't find my own, you could be begged to scan it. =) At the Palisades site or whatever.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
And with those inspiring words (whichever ones they were), the post title was corrected. The townspeople rejoiced. :smile:

-Matt

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
Tygerbug

Someone else posted that they had a Muppet Style Book, it wasn't me. Although I am familair with the book and was curious how it was obtained. It's extremely rare and I'm pretty sure that there probably aren't too many who have an original copy of it.

tygerbug

Reaction score
I was talking about the other guy. =)

But you've got some stuff that is significantly cooler ...

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Toastcrumbs,
PLEASE post pictures of you Muppet Stuff!!!! How did you ever get a hold of the actual puppets????

Sir Didymus

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
By the way, new additions to my most prized collection:

Art of the Muppets Exibit poster mounted on wood board
Muppet Show UK Promo Poster
Muppet Classic Theatre UK Promo Poster
The Muppet Movie UK Promo Poster

:big_grin:

-Matt

Joggy

Reaction score
Re: What's your most prized Mupept item?

This is a fun one! Let's see...

I have quite a lot of favorite "treasures" in my collection... the Palisades figures. The Chess Set. The Schleich Muppet Show Figures (it took years and years to actually get this series complete). The Big Books (The Works, Of Muppets and Men etc). The Igel dolls. My Autographed Piggy photo... a lot.

However, there are also quite a few objects that have a story behind them. Here are some of those stories:

--------

Christmas Eve 1998. We were unpacking presents with the family. The last present was for me, and my dad told me it was from one of his coworkers, whom I met only once. The present had a card: "You're lucky. I'm moving out of my house and I'm throwing out some of my old stuff. I'm giving you one of my oldest and dearest friends who helped me through a lot of hard times. One who's so dumb you'd like to have him with you for the rest of your life. He told me he'd love to live with you..." It was the Fisher Price Animal puppet, and not only do I love it because he's rare, but because he's a very special gift. After all, what gift could beat someone's "oldest and dearest friend"?

------------------

Another story is about some of my Sigma items. When I was born, my mom had a really good friend. She was pregnant too, but her child died. So especially in the early years, I was sortta like her child as well... She was always interested in how I was doing.
Anyway, ever since we found out I was born to be a Muppet fan, she promised my mom I would get her porcelain Muppet items for my 18th birthday.

That year was the year of my final exams in high school and I was in my oral test week. I was so nervous and tired of all the work. So after a well deserved drink at my cafe, I got home, and a bunch of Sigma stuff is waiting for me on the table!! Rowlf at the piano with Piggy on top, Statler in his bookend chair, Miss Piggy on a bed and a Miss Piggy bank. My bad mood changed immediately!!!

--------

This one's pretty recent... a few months back we had a street party and some of the kids wanted to do an act. My next door neighbour Marc told a joke. He's a great kid, I often babysit for him and his sister and we always have a great time. Anyway, after the acts were over I got to hand out some small "awards" to the kids.
The next day, he and his sister are at the door, and they gave me a Miss Piggy eraser. "For the BEST next door neighbour in the world!" The best award I ever got...!

--------

tomahawk

Reaction score
there is one thing(well' i love them all but won't write down everything) i forgot on my list. it's the tiffany stained glass lamp with kermit. my wife and mom bought it for me on my birthday a few years ago. i love that lamp.