What's your most prized Muppet item?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Speaking of photographing stuff, howsabout we take some photos of our collections to let other people see... according to the list of forum rules we can't post attachments here, but I guess we could put them on a web page and give people the URLs...

As for the Gone With The Weird, I just won that set on eBay... Can't wait to receive it.

Cherry "Can't think of anything to put here this time" Pizza

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd have a long long list. It includes Dr.Teeth (the action figure) and it would include Muppet Labs if I ever get the ruddy thing!!

But without a doubt, my most favorite Muppet toy is my old Fisher Price Kermit doll. I got it for my birthday when I was about 3 or 4, my late grandmother (she died in 1997) gave it to me. It's in very good condition, save for the lint. I just love the thing because of all the sentimental stuff that goes along with it!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Cantus-
i think you should definitely photograph your stuff bc i want to see it!:smile:

crazy ernie

Reaction score
my most prized muppet item would be my copy of jim henson:the works. i got it on my 6th birthday.Written on the upper right hand corner of the orange blank page is: Follow your dreams. Love mom and dad.

I didn't type the complete message,then i would of revealed my real name.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
Cantus-
i think you should definitely photograph your stuff bc i want to see it!:smile:
Heh, okay man I'll post everything once I get some pics taken and developed. Actually, I have some new things to add to the prized collection:

Sesame Street "25 Wonderful Years" T-Shirt - Donated by Bob McGrath (who plays Bob on SS if you don't know) for a benefit auction. Never worn, and cannot be purchased anywhere else. Copyright '93.

SesameStreet.com "Link Up" Shirt - Only give to people who work on SesameStreet.com. Forest Green with orange silhouettes of all the main characters holding hands. The street sign logo on the sleeve, expainded to fit in the ".com" part of SesameStreet.com. Awesome shirt.

I should have pictures of all pretty soon :smile:

-Matt

tygerbug

Reaction score
My dad had every Muppet item on the planet, but the one I stole was Michael Frith's Style Guide. A big yellow book explaining how to draw every character from the series. Wonderful.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I like all my muppet stuff, but then, I haven't very much...my most prized possesion would be my oscar the grouch playskool puzzle thing (it's not a 2d puzzle, it's 3d..I don't know, it's hard to explain) anyhow, I was given that probably in 1977 when I was born, or possibly 1978, and have had it ever since..it's one of my two oldest toys!

I also really like the cover of our toronot TV magazine from whe The Muppets Tonight previewed. It's a nice picture of Kermit that I cut out and framed (not at all valuable, but I like it)...

I sitll have but can't find at my parents house, plush dolls of kermit and scooter that were "chicken pox presents" too..theyre awsome..kermit came with a hat, trenchcoat and "tuxedo-shirt bib" that you could put on him so he would turn from regular kermit to sesame street news kermit :smile: Scooter was standar but had pick solid rubber feet that really hurtif you got wacked in the head with them

but currently, I'm in love with my palisades figures..they've really rekindled an interest in collecting muppets things with me...DrTeeth is awesome especailly :smile:

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
Muppet Style Book

Hey, I'm really curious how your father was able to come across the style book. Did he work for the company or know some one who worked there. I know for a fact that the book is only in use at the Henson workshop, and that they don't have more than two copies in the yellow binder in the shop. I'm not sure if they keep copies at the townhouse or in LA. I'll say this much that what you have is extremely rare. So rare most fans don't know exactly what you have. Hold on to it.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Now that I actually HAVE an item...(lol!)

Currently my collection is very, very small. But right now my prized item is the 1970s Play-School Scooter doll that I won off of e-bay.

3) "1979 Blackpool Illuminations switch on ceremony by Kermit" programme signed by Jim, Kermit, Waldorf, Richard Hunt, Statler and Sweetums
Okay, MuppetDanny, you've got to scan that one. I'm curious to see what Waldorf, Statler and Sweetums' autographs look like (not to mention Richard's; we've seen Jim's on scans of other stuff he's autographed).

-Kim

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Skeeter and MC

Hope everyone will enjoy the rarely seen Richard Hunt's autographs. :big_grin:

See ya

MuppetDanny

to view click here