1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Dude, I remember last year when my dad let this homeless guy into our house to get some food and a shower just out of the blue - before talking to us about it! It was scary because for all we knew the guy could have been a murderer! :eek:

Any Del likes this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

@Any Del best I can say is I hope the best, and if he tries anything suspicious, just call the cops.

@Froggy Fool this is why I'm sketpitcal on letting people in my house unless I know them well enough. That was my biggest mistake with my former friend James.

After talking to his dad yesterday, while I don't approve of him forcing his son to live in the garage, at the same time, I can't say I blame him because he basically hinted that he was being a lazy bum.

Any Del likes this.
  3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

The 2010s has been the decade where sooooo many of my favorite pop culture characters have been turned into "monsters" thanks to the curse that is political correctness and the horrors of cringe culture. Several examples include:

-Slender-Man - He (and subsequently all creepypasta fans) were deemed "evil demonic people" after two girls sacrificed their friend to the beast and killed her.
    -Spider-Man, Batman, The Joker, Green Goblin (basically every MARVEL and DC character) - Ruined by those God awful Elsagate videos.
    -Brian Griffin - Caused a ridiculous controversy when he was permanently killed off and lost many fans because of it.
    -Han Solo - Got killed off in the Force Awakens.
    -Sonic the Hedgehog - Ruined by cringey people on Deviantart who give Autism a bad name.
    -Stitch - Broke the "Ohana means family" rule when he moved on from Lilo to Yuna in the anime version.
    -Elmer Fudd - Was forced to put down his gun due to Cartoon Network's standards and practices. The character who was a funny rabbit hunter is now a news reporter who sings songs about the joys of grilled cheese for some inexplicit reason.

Guess which one of my favorite characters has become controversial now? Apu from The Simpsons. I don't care what ANYBODY says, I still think Apu is hilarious. I still quote him from time to time (not in front of Indian people but still). He's a great character and all this controversy surrounding him has really been infuriating me as the huge Simpsons fan I am. Please just leave The Simpsons alone! It's not meant to be controversial, they are just having fun and not trying to offend anyone. I bet if those Apu haters saw Family Guy they would flip out lol.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

Honestly, when it comes to fictional characters, I just ignore what "controversy" comes from them.

I mean ****. If I like the characters, that's all there is to it.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  5. Flaky Pudding

Me too! Apu is funny no matter what. I don't think he misrepresents Indian people either personally. The one thing I thought may have been a bit insensitive to the Indian culture on The Simpsons is when Homer referred to Apu's Ganesha statue as,
    "Your silly little elephant god," but then again that is Homer's quote and he definitely has a reputation of saying the wrong things at the wrong time.

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Isn't that kind of a contradiction? If there's nothing wrong with the character then why are you afraid to quote him in front of actual Indian people?
    Not trying to start a fight, i'm just sayin'. :coy:

7. Flaky Pudding

I respect that there are people out there who don't like him. I wouldn't quote Jeff Dunham's Achmed character in front of middle Eastern people for that reason as well.

8. LittleJerry92

Aaaaand my android is being poopy again. :sigh:

9. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

You can thank Christian Weston Chandler (aka Chris Chan, creator of Sonichu) for that.

But I don't let those weirdoes ruin it for me. I will always love Sonic, despite the bad reputation it gets and what others say about it.

10. Flaky Pudding

I know who Chris chan is. I don't find his work entertaining in the slightest, just SUPER cringey and hard to watch. I do still like Sonic though despite the garbage some of his fans produce.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  11. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

And he's gone even more off the deep end ever since declaring himself as a "tomgirl" named Christine.

12. Flaky Pudding

WHAT? Is he a full transgender now or does he just call himself that?

13. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

...How can he be trans if he despises gay people?

14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I guess how Eddie Izzard can be a "male lesbian" for being a transvestite and identifying as a woman, though still be attracted to them like any other man would.

15. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Could be Asexual.

Which apparently means you have no sexual feelings for either male or female

16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

you'd be surprised how prejudice the lgbt community is towards other people. Bi people arent real bi people if they aren't in a gay relationship, pansexuals are just sex crazed pigs, asexuals are crytpids that dont exist. the hate within the community goes on and on. people gatekeeping sexualities like 'if you dont fit in this mold that i invented you are not really X'. its gross.

17. LittleJerry92

I mean, being trans doesn't automatically mean you have to respect the entire LGBT community....

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It seems like my iPhone 7 loves to give me No Service and must hate me or something.

19. LittleJerry92

My Android.

So now I basically can never turn it off or let it die. At all. It has to be on 24/7. Otherwise, when it's charging, I can no longer turn it on until it's fully charged.

:sigh: I hate Android's....

20. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Have you considered trying Apple, a different kind of Android, Samsung, etc.?