1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. robodog Active Member

I like a lot of retromercials too. I love old NES, SNES, Genesis. Atari and Game Boy ads. I like old Fast Food, toy and cereal ads and anything with animals, robots, aliens or other creatures.
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Even McFlurries are shrinking... gotta love inflation.
    DrDientes likes this.
  3. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

And the fact that musical comedies are a dime-a-dozen now, thanks to Glee, and I had something "in the vault" before Glee was even thought of, but now, if that ever comes into fruition, it'll just be white noise, since musical comedies are everywhere now.
  4. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I always liked toy commercials. I have no idea why maybe I just like cheesy stuff. :p
  5. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I like cheesy stuff too, have you tried those new cheesy roll up thingies at Taco Bell? That's a cheese lover's perfect snack. :insatiable:
  6. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

No but if you wanna look at me like I have corn growing out of my nose I've only been to a taco bell once in my life.
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this hilariously retro commercial I found the other day, about the old toy store Child World (note it gets a little repetitive because the clip is of all the Child Word ads from the 1980 Thanksgiving parade):

8. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I actually don't remember that as the year says 1980 and I wasn't born till 1983. :p But I like it!!! :D
  9. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh I'm too young for it too. I just found it recently in this really funny review of the 1980 parade:

http://www.platypuscomix.net/history/1980parade.html
  10. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I used to love the old board game retro commercials. Like "Connect Four" "Guess Who" "Candyland." :D
  11. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, "Game cards do not actually talk!" Lol, thanks for helping me decide not to buy the game! ;)
    HeyButtahfly and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I wish the Muppets Guess Who Game they put out the game cards actually talked. That would be awesome!
    heralde likes this.
  13. Hubert Well-Known Member

I wish we could get the Muppet Guess Who Game in the US of A.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know no offense to the UK but us American's would like a "Guess Who" game!!!
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah like the Sesame Street toys that have the voices!

Oh another thing, totally random, but I wonder why Hasbro never tried to make a cartoon show out of Hungry Hungry Hippos? Lol
  16. Hubert Well-Known Member

Speaking of Hungry Hungry Hippos, I always wanted that game as a kid, but for some reason I never ended up with it... :cry:
  17. heralde Well-Known Member

Aw yeah, there's always that one toy that got away, right?
  18. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

At that rate, there might as well have been an Ants in the Pants cartoon, too :D
    heralde likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I had that game!! No one could be the pink hippo but me. :p I just remember my hand hurt by the time I was done playing. XP
  20. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I have yet to find someone in my class who appreciates my taste in music.