1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Bill Nye has become a hero to me. He's singlehandedly fighting against the religious right's war on science. And (small political rant) those politicians are using that anti-science logic to defund schools and scientific studies. That's not right. Bill really exploded at the dimwit that said a woman's body shuts down after a legitimate rape.

I don't see why science has to be so incompatible with religion. That's why everyone sees it as primitive superstition. You can be a Christian and believe in evolution. A lot of religion was founded in explaining things that couldn't be explained. I guess there are those throughout history that think if something's explained, it takes the "magic" out of religion and replaces them with facts, and the ones most concerned about that are people that use religion as their source of power... The Catholic Church, the religious right... etc.

Religion and science can get along.
    newsmanfan and heralde like this.
  2. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

That's exactly what my church teaches. For me, science explains how we exist and my religion explains why we exist. I know this principle isn't for everyone and what the heck am I to say as I'm rubbish at science, but it's good enough for me at the moment.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Not even gonna touch the whole Xmas thing; I offered my own take on that last year to the exact same rant, perhaps minus the WI references, as I recall...

Today's rant is about WOMEN thinking it's okay to be property. I got into an argument with someone earlier who insisted that if a woman is in desperate circumstances and wishes to have an abortion, the "father" (read: inseminator, as that's about all the forethought that went into the act) "has a say" in whether or not to keep the fetus. Uh... NO. While I agree that such a momentous decision as "to childrenate or not to childrenate" ought to have been discussed BEFORE the couple ever hit the bedroom (WAAAAAY before), and at THAT point they need to come to some agreement one way or the other, if a woman does not wish to carry a fetus to term it is HER right to end it. Period. No man, no law, no government should have to right to say otherwise, and claiming that "the father has a right" to demand she have the baby is equivalent to pure slavery. No person in a free society should be owned by another, and demands on another's very body is saying that person's body is another's property.

What disgusts me the most is the person I was arguing with was a young woman. I doubt she's considered that if she's okay with men treating women as property, she will certainly be treated as such herself. What the !@$@# is wrong with women who think this way? Can we say redneck brainwashing? I knew you could...
    -------------
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My rant? I can't watch ANYTHING on TBS anymore without having a bazillion, "Dude! We play Big Bang Theory like a BUNCH a week here on TBS!!!" promos shoved in my face during the commercial breaks.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

While I do enjoy TBBT, I have to agree, TBS has been overdoing it lately.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  6. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS?

When little kids come over, hit you, and to teach them a lesson, you hit back, but then they run to their mom, and say, "He/She hit me!"
    It makes me wanna smack the little jerk!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey. Remember when I was complaining about how terrible the sitcom "Partners" was?

Apparently, I wasn't alone and the thing got totally

CANCELLED!!!!

AS you can see, I'm pretty darn happy about it. Seriously, the Ko-Mutt guys are freaking terrible at sitcoms.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  8. miss kermie

Then, why are you in the rant thread?
    Go to the Anti-rant thread, silly! :D
    Pinkflower7783 and Mo Frackle like this.
  9. Mo Frackle

Okay... did this happen to you?
  10. miss kermie

Maaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeee...
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, apparently, that's NOT how you teach them a lesson. I mean, that's just what they say. Y'know... "they"?
    miss kermie likes this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I dunno, I never have personally been an advocate of the little kid hits you, you hit back thing. For some reason I feel like it is the roots of revenge in the making. :p
    HeyButtahfly and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  13. miss kermie

I do it, so they feel what you feel.

Associating violence with dissapointment.
  14. Mo Frackle

I have to agree with Hubert. It's teaching kids that "revenge is okay, so go kill each other". Okay, maybe that's a little overboard. But I still don't support it.

So let me get this straight. A little kid you never met hit you?
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I just feel like that's almost like saying, alright, later in life, if someone attempts to kill you, you are permitted to attempt to kill them to show them how it feels.
    Mo Frackle and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

As someone who worked with kids for 10 years I find your actions a little disturbing myself and quite frankly immature. Your the adult just because a kid hits you gives you no right to do it back.
  17. miss kermie

Yes. I did.
    But for the record, after hitting them, I do say, "Don't hit people."
  18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Then you tell them it's not okay to hit people instead of returning the action. I'm sorry but I just find this wrong in so many ways.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

No offense, but I'm not getting the logic in this. You hit the kid back, and then tell them not to do what you just did?

EDIT: Pinky beat me to it. :p
    Mo Frackle and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  20. miss kermie

I now understand your point...

I WAS RAISED SO WRONG!