When you outgrew Sesame Street...

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Thanks guys. You really put my father and brothers to shame!

Dantecat

Reaction score
What's Out Of This Program and Nanco Cookie Monster Plush About :confused:

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I was just talking with this girl from this other forum that I'm a member of. And she does respect my interest in SS, but she says that I shouldn't go overboard with it. That is, she thinks that I should try to limit my SS, so that I don't have to watch it every day. But I told her that I don't feel that way, because I love the show too much to do that. Have people told you this? Or have any of you seen psychologists?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I don't think people should have to limit their enjoyment of something that brings them joy and doesn't hurt anyone. I say, if you wanna watch Sesame Street everyday, go ahead and watch it everyday! People would never say that to someone who watched everyday with a three-year-old, even if the parent was getting just as much enjoyment out of it. That's one of the things that makes Sesame Street so great!

jrod

Reaction score
I don't get teased for liking "Sesame Street". I wear my Elmo face shirt a lot(wore it onstage last week n got compliments) and my Bert n Ernie "Math is Fun" shirt. I have 2 SS dvds and a hidden Elmo's World dvd lol. I also have an Elmo plush(aww heh) and I got a birthday card with Elmo on the front.

jrod

Reaction score
I also watch SS because of nostalgia reasons. I anxiously wait for classic sketches and songs to appear! BTW, the first season on ninja turtles (87-88) will be released april 20 on dvd!!!!!

DancingLauren

Reaction score
Yeah, for me, Sesame Street is one of my normal quirks, so my mom doesnt care. Actually, she loves Ernie and Bert, so it doesnt phase her. I think secretly she LIKES my SS dvds :wink: I also like Fisher Price Little People and Barbie too, (IM A COLLECTOR!) so...yeah :smile:

kermiejam

Reaction score
i outgrew ss when i was mmmmmmmm 9 or 10 cuz my grandmother used 2 babysit kids younger than i but thats when i guess the kids started watching nick jr and quit watching ss but sometime in the mid 90s it just got boring i have a cookie monster and an ernie doll i used 2 have ss books when i was younger

sesamelover

Reaction score
You're never too old!!!

Sesame Street is a great show for everyone!
I'm going on 33, and I still love it as much as I did when I was 2!

A lot of the jokes are geared to adults...no toddler or pre-schooler is going to understand "8 balls of fur" (great balls of fire) or "Polly Darton" (Dolly Parton)
They don't recognize Whoopi Goldberg, or The Spin Doctors when the make an appearance!
It's adult intertainment geared towards children!!!
My mother is 56, she has a Cookie Monster cookie jar, and a stuffed Kermit on her couch in the family room!
You are never too old for a great program like that! No matter what your mother says! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

biojen

Reaction score
The great thing about being a parent

The wonderful thing about being the parent of a preschooler now is that I get to see Sesame Street and have an excuse for doing it! Plus- I get to fill my daughters room with all of the toys I didn't have as a child. I only wish she could see some of the old episodes that I saw as a child in the early/mid seventies. How does one go about "trading" for episodes when just starting out?