Where am I going wrong?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
"Blame Canada, Blame Canada!!" Just kidding.:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth, I will add a Web category to The Stoop for you to post updates of your site.
Oooh, I'll be stopping byy when I can to see it!

Luke

Reaction score
You mean there's a Kathy Greenwood website and few people are visiting it? It just goes to show what is wrong with the world today. Well i never knew who she was, visited the site, and now feel all the better for knowing about her. Good work!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Erm...forgive me...who is Kathy Greenwood? I just think of her as "that woman D'Snowth likes"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
jediX said:
The bottom line is that she simply is not that popular now, especially since "Whose Line" isn't on network primetime anymore and hasn't been for a while. It isn't your fault or anything.
So 10-11:00pm is no longer prime-time? And don't forget the new episodes every other Monday night at 9:00.
Luke said:
You mean there's a Kathy Greenwood website and few people are visiting it?
Just a break in the quote to say..."No, really?!" J/K.
Luke said:
It just goes to show what is wrong with the world today. Well i never knew who she was, visited the site, and now feel all the better for knowing about her. Good work!
I try my best to keep the public informed!

jediX

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
So 10-11:00pm is no longer prime-time?
Not when it's cable (and not HBO or any of those kinds of channels), and especially not when it isn't a set-cast show. People know of Whose Line, but they don't typically know who the people are on it other than Drew and Wayne when he's on there. They recognize Ryan and Colin as well but generally only as "that bald guy" or "that tall guy that I've seen somewhere else." Trust me on this. Even they -- the staple cast -- are still considered non-mainstream. The only people that DO know are the people that habitually watch the show (like you or me) and know who most of the regular players are.

Do I like it? No, not really. They're all great comedic talents and, in most respects, better at what they do than the mainstream actors/actresses.

We have gone over this before: IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. You yourself are not doing anything wrong. The only things I can even think of doing would be professionalizing your site's design and getting a domain name for it or even arranging an "official site" creation (not that it would even be possible, but who knows). This is the thing you encounter when you make sites about obscure (and yes, she IS obscure) actors/actresses -- yes, you WILL get hits every now and then, but you won't get nearly as many as you would if it is about a current "mainstream" show or actor/actress.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm paying to have my site professionalized and a domain name. Buying things over the internet isn't
MrsPepper said:
Supposedely kinda safe.

jediX

Reaction score
Yeah, but it really depends on who you do business with. A friend of my Dad's paid several grand to have his company's website done "professionally," but they only did about half of it then stopped replying to him. I've never had trouble buying things online, but I wouldn't deal with anything more than buying action figures or dvd's online anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You all shouldn't ask ME that question, because I would probably start rambling and take up this whole page. BUT, I'll try my best to keep my answer short...

Kathryn Greenwood (or Kathy as she prefers to be called) is an actress and comedienne from Canada. She has a career that extends to work in movies, television, radio, and theater. Being a native Canadian, she has done quite a bit of work there. Some of her best-known work is on various Canadian-based TV shows and theater productions. She has not done much here in America, despite the fact she studied acting in California. Basically, the only thing she did in America was become a recurring guest performer on the American version of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?". Most Americans hate her for that, saying such things as "She's the Weakest Link of Whose Line", "She kills Whose Line", "She sucks", "she's not funny at all", "she can't act to save her life", "she's a dumb blonde!". Currently, she is part of a live all-female sketch troupe in Toronto called "Women Fully Clothed", and she's also busy raising two little girls with her husband. Why do I like her? I like her because I find her funny, talented, and good looking, which is what I like in actresses I enjoy watching.

Does that help?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
sometimes it doesn't even matter how well known somebody is I've known of yahoo groups about poeple or subjects where I'd expect a lot of activity and there just isn't. 1 good example there's a yahoo about Mr. Rogers that I belong to and it does have a lot of members but only a few people post at the group. You'd think a man who's a children's TV legend and has been on for so long would have enough people who would be posting about the memories or other things about him but that's just not the case.