Which "Gordon" is the best one?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
In your opinion, of all the actors that ever played Gordon, which do you think is the best? I think Roscoe Orman is the best one, and has done an excellent job playing the part, but if Matt Robinson had continued to play the part, I think he would've done an excellent job, and I wouldn't mind. I think Hal Miller did an OK job playing job, but I felt like he was missing something that Orman and Robinson had.

btw, I wonder what happened to the actor that played Gordon in the test pilot, I thought he did a good job, but the producers felt that he didn't connect well with the kids.

your thoughts?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, rumor has it that one became the host of a "gentlemen's establishement", and so, they were taken off the show. But for me, the best one would be Roscoe, because he's the one most generations--from the mid-80's to the present--have grown up with.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Roscoe Orman no question..I would have actually minded if it was anyone else, he just is Gordon to me :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think the current one is my Favorite even thought I like the first one too. He really grown comfortable in his roll and has become much sillier over the years as well. :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed Roscoe, no question. Though I don't discount ol' Matt Robinson. not only did he help shape the show, and perform the voice of Roosevelt Franklin, but he originated the Gordon role.

But for me, there's nothing like the Lovely Magic Gordon Guy being able to act rediculous with such a straight face.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Roscoe. How else would get all those bald jokes?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No idea, but I think said jokes over people's heads.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I grew up with Roscoe Orman, so I'm biased, but it's Roscoe Orman :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Most of us have grown up with him. As said, he's been Gordon since the 80's (and probably even a little bit earlier)!