Which Meant More to Bert?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For as long as I can remember, Bert has always had his prized paper clip collection that he kept in the cigar box Ernie got him for Christmas, and also as long as I can remember, Bert has been able to recognize each individual paper clip by a name, or a year, or where ever it was manufactured.

But then, Bert also has a prized bottle cap collection that's even been mounted, Sesame Street Unpaved said his collection consists of 368 bottle caps, and it's like he actually remembers the time he drank whatever it was he drank to get the cap from that bottle.

But the question is, which collection to do think meant more to Bert? In all honesty, I believe his paper clip collection meant a little bit more for quite a few reasons, mostly because it seems like he's seen with that collection more than his bottle cap collection (which I've only seen him with in three sketches so far), not to mention the numerous times he's mentioned paper clips in general, like if he lost a favorite one, or he's admiring one that isn't in his collection yet, whereas I've only heard him mention bottle caps in the song "I Like You" with Ernie. There's also the matter of that one sketch where Bert was making a pattern out of his bottle caps and paper clips.

So, I do believe Bert's paper clip collection meant just a little more to him than his bottle cap collection.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would have to agree with you there, evilhopscotch.:smile:

I think that he loves both of them equally. But that's just me.:smirk:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I always thought that Ernie meant more to Bert than anything in the world. Or was that just a rumor? :stick_out_tongue:

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think Bert has a lot of interests, it's hard to figure out if any one thing is more important than the other.

It's true that he actually did a song about paperclips, as opposed to bottle caps. But maybe that's because collecting bottle caps isn't so unusual (Or is it? Maybe all these years I thought it was normal because I saw Bert do it!)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh no I don't, I just thought other people did. Lol

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh, sorry. But yeah, I'm sure that they do they do!:wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I meant out of his two COLLECTIONS, not everything he likes, because if that were the case, then we'd be debating on whether oatmeal, the color gray, the letter 'W', Argyle socks, saddle shoes, pigeons, AND paper clips and bottle caps mean more to him than any of the others.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, Bert did chose to give Mr. Hooper his paperclip collection rather than his bottlecaps. This could be for one of three reasons:

1. He didn't mind giving away his paperclip collection, as long as he still had his bottlecaps.

2. He chose the paperclip collection to give away because it was so important to him. After all, this was for Ernie. :stick_out_tongue:

3. He figured (in his own Bert-ly mind) that the paperclips were worth more than the bottlecaps and he was doing Mr. Hooper a favor!