Which Meant More to Bert?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But aren't bottlecaps harder than paperclips? Okay, let's be scientific... Somebody fly an airplane over me and dump bottlecaps on me, and then dump paperclips on me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, yeah but I wasn't being scientific, I was thinking of what sounded the most painful, which might have been the writers' motivation. :smile: Paper clips are basically slightly less sharp needles. If I had to chose, I'd pick the bottlecaps.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, maybe he brought his bottlecaps with him as a sort of good luck charm.:smirk:

Nyperold

Reaction score
Slightly tangential, but was it "Figgy Fizz" or "Fizzy Fizz"? I hope it was the former, as the idea of a fig-flavored carbonated beverage is intriguing to me, but it wouldn't break my heart if I were wrong.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Slightly tangential, but was it "Figgy Fizz" or "Fizzy Fizz"? I hope it was the former, as the idea of a fig-flavored carbonated beverage is intriguing to me, but it wouldn't break my heart if I were wrong.
I've actually heard AND seen both, so maybe there's A Figgy Fizz and A Fizzy Fizz... kind of like how in real life there's Cheese Itz and Cheese Nips.

And welcome to the board by the way.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, maybe he brought his bottlecaps with him as a sort of good luck charm.:smirk:
Maybe it was a good luck charm. After all, Ernie and Bert were the first Sesame Street characters to find Big Bird, and after the bottlecaps fell out of the plane, they lost Big Bird.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, I've gotta get me some bottlecaps... (I already have my own paperclip collection)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if there had ever been any cosnideration to have The Count counts Bert's bottlecaps or paperclips. I don't know if The Count would discriminate against counting boring things, but Bert has a large number of bottle caps. However, his supply of paperclips seemed small in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (Bert put them together into a chain, and it looked like he must have had less than 20. If he had more paperclips that he didn't just give away to Mr. Hooper, then he would have had some paperclips to put in the cigar box. I wonder if he would have been sad if he just gave away a small amount of his paperclips).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, usually when I see paperclips on the ground, I actually pick them up and take them home, but I don't keep bottlecaps, even though bottlecaps look a lot cooler and funner.