Which Meant More to Bert?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Bert did chose to give Mr. Hooper his paperclip collection rather than his bottlecaps. This could be for one of three reasons:

1. He didn't mind giving away his paperclip collection, as long as he still had his bottlecaps.

2. He chose the paperclip collection to give away because it was so important to him. After all, this was for Ernie. :stick_out_tongue:

3. He figured (in his own Bert-ly mind) that the paperclips were worth more than the bottlecaps and he was doing Mr. Hooper a favor!
I think reason two is most logical, I mean after all, Ernie coincidentally gave away his Rubber Ducky for Bert... reason three DOES make sense slightly, but I don't know about reason one, I mean towards the end of that scene Bert almost cried.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I was leaning towards #2 myself. I just thought I'd be fair and let people make their own decision. Lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Whichever he likes better, he doesn't like better than oatmeal (at the beginning of the song Doin' the Pigeon, he says "I like pigeons more than anything else in the world... besides oatmeal).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Definately paperclips, it was the first thing I thought of beofre I even looked at the thread! Next were pigeons and bottlecaps.

BEAR

Reaction score
Keep in mind, he brought his bottlecaps with him on the trip to find Big Bird. Pretty silly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Keep in mind, he brought his bottlecaps with him on the trip to find Big Bird. Pretty silly.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, lol!

Nice to see you again, by the way, BEAR!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But in the song Let's Sing a Song That Everybody Knows, he says that he brought his paperclip collection on a bus, but then he says "You can't play with paperclips on a moving bus. They'll spill all over the place. They're very valuable". Of course, he could have also brought his bottle caps and not mentioend it (It's possible that he also brought the paperclips with him to find Big Bird, but miraculously, they didn't fall out of the plane).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder which collection was introduced first on the show, Bert's paperclip collection or Bert's bottlecap collection.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well when I think of paperclips falling out of an airplane and hitting someone on the ground (like Big Bird), I cringe, that sounds very painful. Bottle caps don't sound quite as bad (though they probably are).

So that's at least a logical reason why they chose to have Bert bring his bottlecaps as opposed to paperclips! Lol