1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Who Framed Kermit the Frog

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Super Scooter, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

No matter.

We'll have to put that in another one.

I have sent you another outline. This one has the ending drafted in.

2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'll read it tomorrow. Have to sign out soon.

3. Beauregard

ANOUNCMENT: As the out line moves forward and everything else moves backwards I would like it, very much, if you could post more ideas on the middle of the film.

How they solve the mystery?

How they make mistakes, and I'd also like to know what you guys think will be the out come of the film.

Is it belive in a dream? Like Muppet Movie?

Is it keep trying? Like MTM?

Is it badies don't win, like GMC????

Also I'd like to know who you think should be the hero.

4. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

The message should be a combo of baddies don't win and keep trying. We can't let the bad guys win but the whole moving is about trying to free Kermit.

Now as for the middle of the movie I was thinking that under cover muppets is the best way to go for part of it. A good mix of old and new. The other parts should be Gonzo breaking out of jail. Maybe he makes a catapult out of his bed and he tries to launch himself through the wall, but instead slams into it and bends his nose. Scenes such as that would bring out Gonzo's wackier side which is a must.

5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Good ideas.

Beau, we need to add in something towards the beginning that Kermit and Fozzie have wanted a long time, but then when they're in jail, they find out because of that, they will never get it. That's what the song I wrote is sort of about.

6. Beauregard

SCOOT,

I'll send the outline on once I've put a couple of other bits in it.

7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

VERY IMPORTANT!

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Everyone, I need you to list your favorite characters here so we can include them in teh script. For some reason, I don't think we've done a very good job in including something for everyone.

8. Beauregard

You know, you are soooo right Scooter.

I havn't put Bonston and Beaker, Bean Bunny, Cliffard, it is soo hard trying to do this so that everyone is happy. I have been trying to work Beau in too much I think. He can have some better bits in Pigs in Space the Movie.

9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

While you're thinking of that, what do you think of an extension to this song. It's found in the Paul Simon episode of the Muppet Show.

"For yoooou!
    I'd wash my hair in stinky glue,
    I'd fry my legs and eat them too,
    I'd put a spider in my shooooooe!
    For you!"

Would that be wrong?

List your characters!

10. Beauregard

Yes that was in my mind. I read it in somones sig. Didn't know Gonzo sang it.

How about the Sandwiches made from sand one?

11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well they could want some opportunity or job in a show...that's about all i can think of....what are the muppets doing when kermit is in jail...do we see living conditions, and such. that can include lots of muppets fast....like MFS did....

Sarah

12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

Re: VERY IMPORTANT!

rowlf needs to be one of the top 5 characters in the movie, also try to have zoot say some stuff...he had some funny lines in gmc and also have lips say something too like a sentence or two

ryan

13. pezbalubah

pezbalubah Member

My outline included small parts for Bean, Bunsen, Beaker, and Clifford and even a line for Zoot. If you wish to incorporate those in somehow...

14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Lips may or may not say anything, but he's included as a member of the Electric Mayhem.

Rowlf, I want him to be in the top ten at least. He's my second favorite character. (well, tied with Kermit at second)

Pez, I'm gonna have to re-read your outline. I actually don't remember a lot of it. Sounds good. Haven't heard from ya' in a while.

Beau, I like the idea behind your song, but I don't think it could work. My song was based (loosly) on hus "And now the band is playing very slow. And once again I'll get my coat and go, a lonly wall flower waiting by the wall without the will-power to face the music at all. Please, won't somebody dance with me. Start up a romance with me. etc. etc." Only funnier. It was in the Julie Andrews episode.

Er, I don't really like Bean Bunny, but I do want him in the movie. If you noticed, Beau, I also added something in for Statler and Waldorf. I was thinking we could cut to thay setting once in a while.

15. Beauregard

Yes, sounds good, Scoot.

I was going through the out line last night thinking it was getting a bit long them I thought how much metter it'll be if it is a ten hour long screen-play cut down to two hours including only the best bits, soooo keep the ideas flowing.

16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Oh, thinking of which, I wrote shorter, better songs so we can have more. One of which is much more emotional because it's shorter.

Just so you know, a screenplay usually runs about... 100 some-odd pages. Sometimes 175 or so. You'll have to look it up.

17. Beauregard

About a minuet a page I've heard

18. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yes. That's right.

19. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

yes, use rowlf, use zppt and lips and the rest of the electric mayhem....use your creative writing juices and put them in the movie where they are needed!!!

ryan

20. Beauregard

We try not to let our creative writing juices get all over the page, though we pore over the script sometimes.