Who has a Deviant Art account?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'm going to have to seriously stop taking commissions at this point: I've finally got to live out the experience of having a premium membership for a couple of months (not consecutively, mind you), and yes, it's nice racking up points and such, but honestly, just about the only kind of commission requests I'm getting anymore are Jenny from OLIVER & COMPANY... I do this one pic of her last year, and all of the sudden, it's like she's become the it-girl in my gallery.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I imagine a lot of artists encounter that phenomenon where they accidently become known for one thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it's certainly not like back in the old days, when I basically known for The Chipmunks, but then again, that was back when I was actively involved in the fandom, so it was kind of expected of me. I don't even mind that though; now that that new animated series is supposedly coming out sometime this or next year, I may get more involved in the fandom again, but it's full of problems, like any fandom is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'm going to have to seriously stop taking commissions at this point: I've finally got to live out the experience of having a premium membership for a couple of months (not consecutively, mind you), and yes, it's nice racking up points and such, but honestly, just about the only kind of commission requests I'm getting anymore are Jenny from OLIVER & COMPANY... I do this one pic of her last year, and all of the sudden, it's like she's become the it-girl in my gallery.
That's why I don't do any commissions or requests. I want to draw what I want to draw. Or, at least what I'm inspired to draw at any rate. If I did, I'd be inviting fetish fueled fanboys wanting me to draw something fat or tied up underwater or something.

or worse... a show I don't like that much.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I just had to turn down a commission because the dude wanted Jenny's underwear exposed, and we all know what happened the last time I did anything involving underwear. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to say there isn't some well done fetishy-stuff. I just don't want a part of it, no matter how many million views those pages tend to get.

(looks at small page view count)

Kinda sucks to stand on a high ground...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly don't even keep track of my page view count, however, I do know ever since dA, for whatever reason, retallied everyone's deviation count (I think to also include journals and other stuff, I dunno), it says I'm about to hit 300 deviations, however, the last I checked, I was just barely over 250.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Good goobely woop, the same guy just asked for two more Jenny commissions, and I didn't even agree to the first one, I just said I may get around to it (though it would have to be without underwear).