Who has a Deviant Art account?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, yeah, this is EXACTLY what we need at this point...

Trying to browse through people's galleries and folders and such, and to be interrupted with pop-up ads telling you to upgrade to a premium membership to remove the ads from the site.

Maybe it's just me, since I've been trying so hard for so long to actually get one, but it seems like dA is REALLY hyping premium memberships lately, between all of the "special offers" (like buy one for yourself, get another for somebody else for free) and annoying little "reminders" suggesting you to upgrade to a premi so you can unlock special features and stuff. I've actually suggested to them why don't they ever have special offers at DISCOUNTS from time to time... I think it went unnoticed, but oh well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anyone looked at this new "deviantHEART" dating thing? Obviously it's an April Fools joke, but I was curious to see who it would try to match me with, so I answered the really basic and uninformative questionnaire and got paired with some chick from the U.K., so yeah.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've actually suggested to them why don't they ever have special offers at DISCOUNTS from time to time... I think it went unnoticed, but oh well.
They do offer discounts. The BOGO can be applied to one account. That's how I buy mine: wait until a sale, then buy one year and get another free. Two years for the price of one.

I checked out DeviantHeart, and it's amusing. I got matched to some random girl who has been a member for a few weeks. There's a function to send that member a note, so I hope either the account or the function is fake, otherwise people would be getting creepy notes from people they don't know.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They do offer discounts. The BOGO can be applied to one account. That's how I buy mine: wait until a sale, then buy one year and get another free. Two years for the price of one.
I mean actual discounts, like X% off or something along those lines... I have a hard time accumulating points to be able to afford one, so I think it'd be nice if maybe they could slash the price a little to give some of us a break.
I checked out DeviantHeart, and it's amusing. I got matched to some random girl who has been a member for a few weeks. There's a function to send that member a note, so I hope either the account or the function is fake, otherwise people would be getting creepy notes from people they don't know.
I simply left a comment on my "match"'s profile saying that I'm aware that it's a joke, but that I was matched with her, so she had the right to be offended. She replied saying that she checked it out too and was matched with someone who wasn't me, lol.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, I figured that if I checked it out, I'd probably be put into the pool of matchees. So far nobody has declared their love for me, or even stalked me much.

Recently.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You have to admit though, it's a pretty clever little gag, considering how so specific dating sites are becoming lately: you've got dating sites for seniors, dating sites for farmers, dating sites for PETS, it makes sense there'd be a "dating site" for artists... NOW all we need is a dating site for puppeteers. :stick_out_tongue:

Slackbot

Reaction score
You mean this isn't it? Well, crud, what'm I doing here then?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this point in time, I believe I deserve at least three years' worth of premium memberships... still gettin' nothin'.

I finally made it to 100 points again for like the third or fourth time (last times I kept making it to 100, I'd donate at least 10 to other friends of mine who were having trouble getting donations as well), but this time, I'm going to be a tightwad, and hold on to my earnings at all costs.