1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

who is this purple muppet?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by minor muppetz, Jul 5, 2005.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

OK Bear, here's the list of everything and everyone I have listed from MTI.

Angel Marie (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Benjamina Gunn (TMS Movie, Miss Piggy from MTI)
    Big Fat Ugly BugFaced BabyEating O'Brian (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Black Dog (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Black Eyed Pea (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Blind Pew (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Calico Jerry (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Captain Abraham Smollet (TMS Movie, Kermit The Frog from MTI)
    Captain Billy Bones (TMS Movie, from MTI, Billy Connolly)
    Captain Flint (TMS Movie, from MTI, David Nicholls II)
    Clueless Morgan (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    The Dancing Bananas (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Dead Tom (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Dr. Livsey (TMS Movie, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew from MTI)
    Easy Pete (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Figurehead #1 (TMS Movie, Statler from MTI)
    Figurehead #2 (TMS Movie, Waldorf from MTI)
    Flaubert the Anteater (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Headless Bill (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Long John Silver (TMS Movie, from MTI, Tim Curry)
    Long John Silver Muppet (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Mad Monty (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Master Jim Hawkins (TMS Movie, from MTI, Kevin Bishop)
    Mr. Beaker (TMS Movie, Beaker from MTI)
    Mr. Samuel Arrow (TMS Movie, Sam the Eagle from MTI)
    Mrs. Bluberidge (TMS Movie, from MTI, Jennifer Saunders)
    Old Tom (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    One Eyed Jack (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Polly Lobster (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Purple Hunchback Frackle (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Real Old Tom (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Short Stack Stevens (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Spa'am (TMS Movie, from MTI)
    Squire Trelawney (TMS Movie, Fozzie Bear from MTI)
    Squire Trelawney's Butler (TMS Movie, from MTI, Jerry Nelson)
    Wall Eyed Pike (TMS Movie, from MTI)

Not sure if the vacationing rats should be added though. If so, under what entry heading? As "The Rat Tours Rats"? As "The Tourist Rats"? As "The Vacation Rats"?
    Maybe MrsPepper can help with the hexact name of the touring rats' corporation.

Hope this helps and have a good night.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Big Fat Ugly BugFaced BabyEating O'Brian (TMS Movie, from MTI)

Count, is this how it appears in your listing? I personally would make it: Big Fat Ugly Bug-Faced Baby-Eating O'Brian

Easy Pete (TMS Movie, from MTI)

Who is Easy Pete? Also, looks like a lot of nameless pirates here. I think we should have alook, maybe give them names for your listing if they don't have them.
  3. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

One of the Human pirates played by Harry Jones.

Short Stack Stevens (TMS Movie, from MTI, Danny Blackner)
    Black Eyed Pea (TMS Movie, from MTI, Peter Greaves )
    Easy Pete (TMS Movie, from MTI, Harrry Jones)
    CALICO JERRY (TMS Movie, From MTI, Frederick Warder)
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*smackes head* I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!!!

Long John: "Come on Jerry, he's only a kid"

It's him! It's him! It's him!!!

It the guy who is fighting with Jim, with Clueless's "help"
  5. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

I suppose you could call the Muppet in question: "Upperclass Gentleman Pirate"

Any excuse to rewatch a Muppet Movie...
  6. The Count

Thanks for the names muppet_dk. Just finished adding everything. Interesting to note... Frederick Warder, who portrayed Calico Jerry, is the same actor who portrayed the Heartless Giant in the Storyteller segments from JHH.

Well, I'll just wait for help with the other pirates after someone who has the movie can watch it through and sit down with descripts to see how best those nameless guys get added.
    Have a good day guys.
  7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Darnit Beauregard, I JUST found that section on my tape and was about to post it. And you beat me to it!!!! :p
    He's just a pirate who's fighting Jim, and Long John says "Come on Jerry, he's just a kid". No puppets there.
    And Rizzo's tour company is "Rat Tours, Limited".
  8. The Count

So then... How would it be best to add the rats who go on tour through Rat Tours, Limited?
  9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

How about "Rat Tours Ltd. Tourist Rat"?
  10. The Count

Well... Was there only the one tourist rat? And I'd think that the name of the company... Eh, forget that thought.
    Just hoping to get some help regarding the rats and what they looked like. We can discuss their entry heading later.
  11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Okay, sorry. Wasn't sure how you want to title them. And there are many tourist rats, but I don't think they have names.
  12. The Count

Thanks for the help MrsPepper. Will probably ask around and come to some concenssus with my other sources.

Have a good day.
  13. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I am certain there were more pirates with names. If you want to take the time to do this, watch the movie again with close captioning. Sometimes they will show the character's name in parenthesis in front of their line (especially if the line is spoken off camera). I am sure that is how i learned some of the names.
    Also, random question..was Robin really in MTI? I keep seeing people list him in the credits.
  14. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Robin is shown walking out of the BenBow Inn at the beginning.
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Very welcome, Count.
    No, Robin was not in MTI. I've watched it enough to know that.
    (Edit: Gasp, I was wrong! :o Forgot about that part!)
    I only have the movie on tape, so watching the closed captions or subtitles is a no-go for me. I know that That Announcer has it on DVD, so maybe we can enlist him to help.
  16. zootlove

zootlove New Member

I always thought that he looked kind of Mad Hatter-ish. Am I the only one who thinks that? :cool:
  17. zootlove

zootlove New Member

I just found out that Calico Jerry was played by a guy named Fredrick Warder. An actor not a muppet. Just to let you guys and gals know. :cool:
  18. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Well there seem to be a lot of missing characters, for instance, many of the different animal who sing lines in the opening number.

Gonzo and Rizzo should perhaps be listed in there in there MTI capacities as each of the other characters are.

In the Admiral Benbow, Rowlf, Robin, Bean Bunny, 2 Pigs and a potatoe (?) (addressed by Mrs. Bluberidge as "Madam") all appear.

"Blind Pew's Pirates" probably deserve a listing; as perhaps does Mr Bimble; but certainally the rats on the “Caribbean Pirate Cruise” as provided by “Rat Tours Limited.”

Now for the pirates! The Electric Mayhem, Sweetums and Lew Zealand appear as pirates, the only other names I know I think are from the role call. There is also the ant who I believe was used in the animal show but I cannot remember his name in either.

Finally, there is the Swedish Chef: Cook to the Pigs. We had to get him into this listing somehow!
  19. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yes, Harvey Towers, that last line was awesome. ^_^

Alright, this whole thread has encouraged me to go out and buy MTI on DVD now... Let's hope I can find it!
  20. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I've seen it at Best Buy a lot. That's where I got my copy. Oh wait no, my grandma gave me my copy. Never mind. But I have seen it there!