Who will be on Sesame Street next season?

ssetta

Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder what he'll be doing.

salemfan

Reaction score
Another think I'd like to see

I'd also like to see
*More Mysterious Theater
*More Sherlock Hemlock(maybe if Journey To Ernie will stay, they should throw him in there)
*More Furry Arms Hotel

salemfan

Reaction score
How do you know?

Ssetta, why do you think next season will be only 26 episodes again?

ssetta

Reaction score
Because I regularly speak with people from Sesame Workshop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Courage-Bagge said:
OH LORD NO NO NO NO NO NO and might I add a couple of more times, NO NO!

Can't we have conversations without someone mentioning stupid Spongebob?!

Kid's like him..

Besides, I'd rather see him than Reuben Studdard, who will UNFORTUNATELY be on it...

Can't we go anywhere without seeing American Idol? Not even the friendliest street in the world? :grouchy:

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, what is it about 26 episodes now?

Yes, I know 26 is the minimum number of episodes they can have. But what is it that is making Sesame Street have so little episodes?

ssetta

Reaction score
It all has to do with budget. That is, from PBS and Sesame Workshop. See, over the years, they have taken a lot of money away from the show to produce new series like Dragon Tales and Sagwa. There are all kinds of arguments with this. They're not even making anymore new episodes of Dragon Tales (although I heard a rumor they were going to produce some more), and they're saying that it's the thing. But I don't know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
It all has to do with budget. That is, from PBS and Sesame Workshop. See, over the years, they have taken a lot of money away from the show to produce new series like Dragon Tales and Sagwa. There are all kinds of arguments with this. They're not even making anymore new episodes of Dragon Tales (although I heard a rumor they were going to produce some more), and they're saying that it's the thing. But I don't know.
And of course, PBS also want to produce "new" shows like Booh Bah (they got the Boo part right :boo: ). Personally, budgetwise, Sesame should be a priority. Sesame is their longest running show conisiting of new episodes, and it's world famous, eveyone has grown up with it. Not Telitubbies... Not Jay Jay the Air plane... none of these lame preschool shows that make kids dumber...

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, sadly, there are parents who think that anything from when they were little is dated. And, it also depends on the local PBS station. For instance, our big PBS station, WGBH Boston doesn't like Sesame Street, since they only air it at 6 am, and 10 am as a filler, and they never advertise it. However, the dinky PBS station from Rhode Island airs it at 7:30, which is a much more convenient time, and they even have promos for it occasionally. Because they're kind of an old-fashioned PBS station.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... remember when it was on like 5 times a day on channel 2? Or at least 3? and they had an episode at 3 PM... and then there was an episode on 44 at 5-6 PM...

I mean, seriously? Does anyone watch Barney or Teletubbies anymore? I thought those fads were long dead...