"WHOAH!" - What Surprised You Today Thread?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Just got 2000 posts recently, and am on my way to 2500!:eek:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@D'Snowth doesn't like country gravy! :eek:

So, there's another southern thing he doesn't like.

The confederate flag
Taylor Swift and I guess country music in general?
And country gravy.

...are you sure you weren't born in liberal Massachusetts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did I ever outright said I dislike the Confederate flag? It's a big debate down here in the south.

But you also left something else out: grits. Hate grits. That stuff's like ingesting wet sand. How could anyone like that stuff?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually checked my blood pressure after this weekend eating nothing but suggary and fatty foods..... And it was surprisingly at 130 (though my systolic went up to 80 from 76, still a healthy area).

Sadly though, my weight is back at 135. :frown:

Oh well. Time to go back on my diet.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
:eek::eek: I was talking to a friend and we were discussing music. We talked about The Beatles, we talked about George Michael. But then, I brought up Aretha Franklin. She says, "Hmm, you know, I don't think i've heard any Aretha Franklin songs." I just knew this couldn't be true, so I said to her, in a matter of fact manner, "Well, you've heard Respect." I knew...I just knew she had heard it, everyone knows Respect. But she looked up, listened to it and confirmed, no she had never heard that song before. HOW???

I never use this word but, you guys, i'm shook. I'm just shook.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Honestly, just looking back at my old art from 2014 - 16 and seeing how much I've improved since then.

It's incredible for me to see how much better I've gotten at anatomy. For instance, back then, whenever I drew characters standing up, they had this sort of "Michael Jackson Anti-Gravity lean" going on, but now I try to draw characters standing up more straight.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
3 things.

1) my blood pressure is.... Now down to 127/21. Nice! Still a little high but at least now I know it's coming back to the normal range.

2) that we now have an official first appearance for "Telephone Rock!" I was surprised to see the song (while written in 1974, obviously) actually debuted in a 1975 episode. Neat.

3) another Little Jerry mention, but I'm surprised to learn that "Body Rythyms" is from..... Season 11. (Given the 1979 date).

I'll be honest - I always thought that song was from seasons 5/6, given how rough the puppets look in that one compared to their season 6 appearances ("Danger", "Mary Had a Bycicle" and "Telephone Rock.") But, considering their later appearances had the band line-up changing (an extra member, turned into a trio with another Fat Blue muppet, and all other appearances being a trip but with one member gone, often being Rockin' Richard), it kind of makes sense that they have a new member after a 4 season gap.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Saw a girl cosplaying in a sexy woman's superhero costume and her butt was showing.

....she's definitely gonna get kicked out. I'm calling it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But, I mean, like, isn't that part of what female cosplaying is all about? Just an excuse for them to show off their assets without it being considered indecent or inappropriate? I've seen some well-endowed cosplayers bearing so much cleavage they make Raquel Welch look modest.